How to get lean muscles and not bulky?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    I know my body well. I live with it everyday. No one can tell me that a woman can't bulk up, because that's not true. Just like no one can tell me that a woman needs to lift heavy. A person will believe what they want to believe and that's fine, but don't try to make it seems as if the next person is wrong.
    No one can tell you anything that you would agree with. It's a one way conversation.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Stretching is always good after a workout. I've read that ballet dancers stretch after a workout to prevent bulkiness.

Ballet workouts are good.
    OMG. They don't get bulky because they eat like birds. Ballet dancers commonly have eating disorders.

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options

The person you've quoted is on ignore. That person was talking to me and you were agreeing with that person and that's why you have made your statement. I'm letting you know that I don't have to prove anything to you. You can look at me and think that I don't know what I'm talking about all you want. It will never stop the fact that I do.
    Facts are provable. You don't prove anything so you can't say you know facts.

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    According to this site stretching can help prevent bulkiness. http://www.ehow.com/how_2339824_tone-muscles-bulking-up.html

6. Stretch thoroughly after every workout. Stretching protects against injuries and also elongates your muscles. Regularly stretching can help keep you from developing knotty, bulky muscles.
    Lol, and of course this was backed up by science. There have been studies done on stretching to protect against injuries and guess what? It's a myth. You can't "elongate" your muscles. Your insertions are set and muscle doesn't lengthen. Regular stretching keep you "FLEXIBLE" and has nothing to do with "knotty" muscles.

Is your degree from a Froot Loops box?

IDEA Fitness member
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    The person you've quoted is on ignore. That person was talking to me and you were agreeing with that person and that's why you have made your statement. I'm letting you know that I don't have to prove anything to you. You can look at me and think that I don't know what I'm talking about all you want. It will never stop the fact that I do.
    You can ignore people?? This is the only useful information I've seen you provide, so thanks :smile: Ignored!

On the original topic - you know what determines how long your muscles are? Your bones.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Just because it's on the internet doesn't make it true. It is impossible to "elongate" your muscles without surgery. Do you get all your information from ehow.com? That would certainly explain a lot...

Tigersword, correct me if I am wrong, but don't you use the internet to post things to me to try to prove that I don't know what I'm talking about?

I don't have to believe you. Just as you don't have to believe what I have posted.

AZ if you had a degree why wouldn't you be quoting textbook instead of generic easily found internet search sites?
  • ninerbuff
    Options

AZ if you had a degree why wouldn't you be quoting textbook instead of generic easily found internet search sites?
    Wasting your time here. Her knowledge to her is supreme regardless of what scientific journals say. I respond just to make sure that no one else falls into her thinking.

IDEA Fitness member
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options

Wasting your time here. Her knowledge to her is supreme regardless of what scientific journals say. I respond just to make sure that no one else falls into her thinking.

IDEA Fitness member

and because you're simply amazing... :wink:
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    and because you're simply amazing... :wink:
    I :heart: you girl!

IDEA Fitness member
  • shamr0ck
    shamr0ck Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    [

Stretching is always good after a workout. I've read that ballet dancers stretch after a workout to prevent bulkiness.

Ballet workouts are good.

This just kills me. One of the trainers at my gym just finished third in a natural bodybuilding comp. He is an ex-gymnast, and does lots of "ballet" type stretching. Did i mention he finished THIRD IN A BODYBUILDING COMP? No doubt you would consider him "bulky".
  • live4turns
    live4turns Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    How about a different perspective? I was walking behind a lady at the mall who was obviously a runner, and all I could think was "Damn, I'm jealous of those calves." Mine are frumpy in comparison.

I've been running for 4 years now and my calves aint' *kitten*. Only when I started jump roping did I start to see more tone
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Without steroids a woman cannot get bulky.Best result is coming from light weights with high reps.
    The leaner you get the less bulky your calves are going to be.

WHy do people keep perpetuating this? It's simply not true, and depends on your physique. Lots of women, especially shorter women, often have NATURALLY larger looking, muscular thighs...without ROIDS.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Without steroids a woman cannot get bulky.Best result is coming from light weights with high reps.
    The leaner you get the less bulky your calves are going to be.

WHy do people keep perpetuating this? It's simply not true, and depends on your physique. Lots of women, especially shorter women, often have NATURALLY larger looking, muscular thighs...without ROIDS.

For the same reason you revived an almost 2 year old thread? You must have searched for this or something similar to even find this thread, so congrats on contributing to the perpetuation.