Why can't men pick up after themselves.

Options
1234568»

Replies

• messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I could tell you how to get him to stop that behavior, but then I'd be killed by the other men.

Well if you ever change your mind lol:)
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Who gave you permission to leave the kitchen?

Get back in there and make me a damn sammich!
  • messyinthekitchen
    Options
    Who gave you permission to leave the kitchen?

Get back in there and make me a damn sammich!

Oh shush.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    That's what I have a wife for. However, since I'm such an an accommodating guy, I let here wait to pick up after she gets me a sammich, but only if she remembers the beer. :drinker:
  • heatherzotigh
    Options
    I feel ya! my husband leaves a trial of clothes and shoes when he comes in the door... dirty socks end up on the couch or bed (wherever he happened to sit down first!) his clothes are always thrown on the floor, he won't clean up the counters after fixing anything--this I used to be okay with because he made dinner most nights--not anymore though! He won't rinse his dirty dishes, let alone put them in the dishwasher! I do ALL the cleaning, ALL the laundry, and if he takes out the trash he complains he has to do everything!
    BUT, this is small stuff--it irritates the hell outta me, but it's not worth fighting over everyday... though I always threaten not clean up after him (but he knows I'm OCD enough that I won't be able to handle the mess long! haha)
    The only time all this really pisses me off to the point I do make an issue out of it is when I spent the entire day deep cleaning the house.
    If I was just a housewife, I wouldn't have a problem, but I'm not just a housewife--I am a student, and I work TWO jobs and I workout at least 12 hrs a week! I am BUSY all the time!
    Ok my rant is done! ;)
  • thcri
    thcri Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    You need a guy like me :-) or do what my wife did and leave the stuff lay. Yeah it may bug you but after a time when he doesn't have any clothes he will get the hint.
  • messyinthekitchen
    Options
    I feel ya! my husband leaves a trial of clothes and shoes when he comes in the door... dirty socks end up on the couch or bed (wherever he happened to sit down first!) his clothes are always thrown on the floor, he won't clean up the counters after fixing anything--this I used to be okay with because he made dinner most nights--not anymore though! He won't rinse his dirty dishes, let alone put them in the dishwasher! I do ALL the cleaning, ALL the laundry, and if he takes out the trash he complains he has to do everything!
    BUT, this is small stuff--it irritates the hell outta me, but it's not worth fighting over everyday... though I always threaten not clean up after him (but he knows I'm OCD enough that I won't be able to handle the mess long! haha)
    The only time all this really pisses me off to the point I do make an issue out of it is when I spent the entire day deep cleaning the house.
    If I was just a housewife, I wouldn't have a problem, but I'm not just a housewife--I am a student, and I work TWO jobs and I workout at least 12 hrs a week! I am BUSY all the time!
    Ok my rant is done! ;)

OOh I feel ya. I workout, I go to school, I do hours of homework. I raise a 2 year old, I run a business, and I spend tons of time keeping this house clean which is already bigger then what we need. And apparently according to people I should just deal because he works. I have two University degrees people act as if I should shush my lips because he brings home the money. I am not working so that I can raise our son. Instead I make money while being at home but apparently that's not work. The first thing I plan to do when he starts school is go back to work. I love being home with him hence why I am. I signed up to raise my kid not to be a servant to my fiance. If I chose to do nothing with the rest of my life other then be a homemaker then I wouldn't be complaining. I actually got a message telling me I shouldn't marry him I thought that was a bit extreme.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I think range of cleanliness is definitely a factor in any relationship.

My wife and I are not generally clean house people but I have my limits and she does as well so eventually it all gets done. That is a major part in any relationship - clean freaks and a slob does not equal bliss trust me I have seen relationships eventually end over it.

All the people that always say "Do not sweat the small stuff," I dislike button you immensely. The small stuff eventually becomes the big stuff because regardless it eventually builds up and directly reflects on the bigger stuff.

For example the fiance that leaves his garbage every where and is driving his fiance crazy will eventually lead to a realization that the fiance is looking for a mother to take care of him, because most likely thats what he saw in his parents relationship and or thats what his mother did and that can lead to all sorts of realizations that just generally suck.
  • messyinthekitchen
    Options
    I think range of cleanliness is definitely a factor in any relationship.

My wife and I are not generally clean house people but I have my limits and she does as well so eventually it all gets done. That is a major part in any relationship - clean freaks and a slob does not equal bliss trust me I have seen relationships eventually end over it.

All the people that always say "Do not sweat the small stuff," I dislike button you immensely. The small stuff eventually becomes the big stuff because regardless it eventually builds up and directly reflects on the bigger stuff.

For example the fiance that leaves his garbage every where and is driving his fiance crazy will eventually lead to a realization that the fiance is looking for a mother to take care of him, because most likely thats what he saw in his parents relationship and or thats what his mother did and that can lead to all sorts of realizations that just generally suck.

You know you could be kind of right. My fiance was abandoned by his mother when he was 5 years old. He was then raised by his father who is a very strict military man. He left the house at 6am and returned at 9pm. He cooked meals and left them in the fridge and told my fiance to microwave them for him and his sister. He didn't have any sort of mother figure until he was a teenager and he hated her. Only now do they get along. Eventually he moved from the states to Canada to start over. From 5 he raised himself. From 16 when he moved out he had to go to school work and pay bills. Maybe that's what he wants for someone to take care of him because he was responsible for taking care of himself and his sister all his life.
  • jamja
    jamja Posts: 190
    Options
    Ok I was ready to come in here and provide you a logical reason but after readin your post...its simple - he is a pig and a slob. It will only get worse if you let it.
  • CindyWarner
    Options
    I know this is hard for you to do. But.... Just don't pick up after him. Let it be. In fact if you don't want to pick up after your self then this is the time to make your case. THEN.....Let him do the complaining. Over and over again. But DON'T pick up a thing until he finally cleans the house.

If that does not work, then do the same with cooking ect....

That's how I finally trained my husband. I just make sure that I have more underware than him and he ends up doing the laundry.
    If I don't feel like cooking then I just wait until he says "I'm hungery". Then I ask him "What are you going to cook?"

It's 50/50 now but if you talk to him, he'd say he was doing it ALL.

:happy:
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    Collect all his crap, including the cheese shreds, and put them on his desk :)

At least he's not like someone else's pig of a husband, who flings his snot around (not me, I read that on here the other day)
  • tapas71
    tapas71 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    we want you women folk to have somethin to do

And people ask me why I'm single!
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    you're all lucky, most of the men I've dated don't even lift the seat, they just pee and usually hit the seat at the same time!

Wow. You are Carrie Underwood pretty!

Back on topic. Pleasantly surprised that I came home and my wife's spot was pretty neat today. I criticized her earlier in the thread so it is only fair I post the praise as well.

And dinner was delicious too. :)

lol aww, thank you!

You are quite welcome. :wink: