The weirdest thing about your weight loss?

Options

Replies

• DoingItNow2012
    DoingItNow2012 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I had a cousin I hadn't seen in awhile. I went out dancing and saw this girl, and remember looking at her thinking to myself "wow she is pretty. She has some great cheek bones". After a while she came up to me to speak and I still didn't know who she was until she said something familiar. Not my story, but still laugh about it.

I had lost weight before and gained it back. I remeber looking at a photo of friends and thinking who is that, until I relaized it was me. totally different facial profile when I lose weight.
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Awesome non scale victory
  • jen0731
    jen0731 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Bending down to tie my shoe and not having to keep my legs spread a little to let my gut sit there lol.

Since my clothes are smaller, I can fit more clothes in the washing machine.
  • hllamaster
    hllamaster Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I still see a fat man in the mirror....
  • khethil
    khethil Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Counting both before and after I started MFP, I've lost 62 LBS.

My wife and I walk almost daily and I had the hardest time trying to 'walk normally' - my whole natural stride was off (not carrying so much weight). I felt like I was perpetually stumbling
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I could wear my son's shirt. He is 7, granted the shirt ran a little big, but I could fit into a size medium in boys. lol

My glasses are too big for my face, I need them adjusted.

I actually have a small frame for being 5'10" Always claimed I large frame because I was overweight.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    I can squeeze into my mom's medium windbreaker and New York jacket. Mines is too big.

Also, I get cold really easily these days too. That's a first for me.

The last time I went to aerobics class, we were instructed to lie flat on our backs and grab our ankles. I could almost get my feet flat on the ground next to my ears... but I was getting weird looks from the woman beside me, so I didn't attempt it any further.
  • lexiwho
    lexiwho Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I woke up a couple months ago and was freaking out because there was this weird pointy bit on my hand. I was scared I broke something until I pointed it out to my fiance and he said, "....yea, that's called a bone." Turns out my chub was covering it the whole time and I have an identical "weird pointy bit" on my other hand. :blushing:
  • MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    When I started my weight loss I have a tattoo that goes from my elbow to my shoulder. It used to just be on the arm now after losing 85 pounds it wraps around my arm and makes almost a whole part sleave LOL. Orginally I was going to have a tree put on there with the mermaid and now I have no room for it. Also my tattoo on my back raised up and is now on the base of my neck. I didn't know that tattoos moved around as your body got smaller. LOL
    i would love to see this mermaid tattoo. all of my tattoos are mermaids and i cant wait for my body to shrink back down. my back piece has turned into a centerpiece over the ast few years because my hips expanded so much! I have a sidepiece that will look super sweet once i get some of the fat out of the way.
  • MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    It's easier to shave my legs :)

totally agree! this is one thing im trying to do every other day to keep motivated. i feel better with smooth legs and at my heaviest i was lucky to get one shave a week in. yuck! nice to actually be able to bend over in the shower and reach my ankles lol
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    The weird thing for me has happened most recently.. I've been in a bit of a slump this year, and haven't lost much compared to last.. However I've maintained what I have lost for months now, and people keep asking me if I've lost more, esp when i have my hair up.. I guess it makes my face look thinner or something.. I hate having to say, why no I've been the same weight since about August, but thanks for thinking I look smaller lol!
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    The weirdest thing I've noticed is when I say I've lost 36lbs, people tell me they didn't realize I even had that much weight to lose! I guess I don't get that, I was at the top of my BMI but no one thought so.
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Weirdest thing.....it doesn't come off as fast as it went on! :tongue:
  • chimebird
    chimebird Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I live in Bali, and the Balinese have no cultural taboo against commenting freely on your appearance. So Balinese I've known for a while tell me I look more slim the same way Americans comment on the weather. And there's this gem from my Balinese ex-boyfriend: "I liked dating you before, but now you are even more slim and beautiful and it makes me want to date you now even more!" I think the only response to that is to laugh.
  • LorryGuthrie
    LorryGuthrie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    loved reading everyone's posts...

soooo many things come to mind for me!!! my wedding rings got too big and are now needing to be resized before I can start wearing them again, watch is too bug, one time my shorts fell down to my knees while doing my aerobics (I just kicked them off to the side and kept right on exercising!), my butt hurts when sitting for too long and realized that it's cuz all that extra "cushion" is no longer back there, I'm getting "bonier", I have knees now.....
  • VAMommyAgain
    VAMommyAgain Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    When I started my weight loss I have a tattoo that goes from my elbow to my shoulder. It used to just be on the arm now after losing 85 pounds it wraps around my arm and makes almost a whole part sleave LOL. Orginally I was going to have a tree put on there with the mermaid and now I have no room for it. Also my tattoo on my back raised up and is now on the base of my neck. I didn't know that tattoos moved around as your body got smaller. LOL

Wow really?! I'm curious to see pics of that!
  • vbuell997
    vbuell997 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I had to change my college ring from my ring finger to my middle finger. The ring felt like it was going to fall off my finger.
  • jamhamster
    jamhamster Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Like other my feet have gotten smaller, My ring slip's round so stones on my plam, and my watch is always sliding round when I wanna see the time, thats annoying, and I forever pulling up my jeans <clothes shopping after chrimbo me thinks
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!