The weirdest thing about your weight loss?

Options

Replies

• XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Love this thread... I've lost 61lb now, not logged the last 2 yet, my engagement ring is a size u, I now need a size n and they said they can't adjust rings that much I will have to get a new one. It cost 500 gbp!!! Still 70lbs to go so no point getting one now! Also feet have gone from a size 7-8 to a 6. I still keep buying 7s and have to take them back and swap for a 6 lol. I've gone from 28 pants to 18, and 32 tops to 22. I went from hating exercise to LOVING it. I went from stupidly high obesity related heart rate, blood pressure to too low lol. Also had type 2 diabetes and its gone. Wierdest thing has got to be able to go high street shopping as there's virtually no plus size shops in the uk. I feel like a fraud being in next ot maks and spencer buying clothes. Very strange. I keep getting clothes that are too big, weird accepting you can get the small ones now!!! Very odd, but nice, costing me a fortune this loosing weight though. The look of admiration on my partners face and climbing peaks, something I thought I'd never ever do as I have fybromyalgia is amazing!!! Priceless!!! Zara x
  • jovz10
    jovz10 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    i've lose 17# and able to put my old ring i took off 6 years ago back to my finger... size 9 i use to wear below my waist because it's too small. now, i can wear it around my waist and have to use a belt....
  • nrimas
    nrimas Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I love this thread, too. My butt is definitely boney and I find sitting on hard chairs uncomfortable. I am always folding towels and throws to sit on at home. Also, I am cold all the time. My rings slip around my hands and sometimes just fall right off.
  • rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    People ask ME for exercise and healthy eating tips! And they tell me that they're starting weight loss programs because they've seen how much I've changed. I never thought that would happen!
  • GlassslippersAndFairyDust
    Options
    My shoe size shrunk from a 7 1/2 - 8 to a size 6-6 1/2.

Mine did too.. :noway:
  • gonzalezmona
    gonzalezmona Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    My workout clothes are getting to big...I almost lost my pants when I was on the treadmill....it was a great feeling!! :)
  • MeganSWoods
    MeganSWoods Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I just thought of the weirdest one-- I can easily clean the lint out of my belly button now! I'm not gonna tell you how gross it was the first time I realized that, but now I can more regularly attend to the situation-- haha!
  • MeganSWoods
    MeganSWoods Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    LOL-- that's how all of my old underwear are! Thank goodness, I just got a bunch of new ones!

My formerly "skinny" jeans sag so much around my waist and butt that it looks like I've crapped my pants.

One at a time, gentlemen, please, one at a time.
  • laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    The weirdest thing for me is my own observation of it. I have had a few people say I was almost unrecognizable to them. But, when I look in the mirror, I see me in smaller clothes that fit much better, but the same chubby girl is still staring back at me. I do see the difference in photos though.

I am the same exact way!!

Other than that, the first difference I saw was that my butt lifted... which causes saggy jeans in the booty area. Also, all of my panties droop too. I am so excited for Christmas money and gifts cards so that I can FINALLY buy some new clothes, bras and undies!
  • youarewhatyoueat86
    Options
    I JUST said this the other day! it's so true.. you never realize just how big you are until you have a picture of yourself in front of you... but in your mind you envision yourself to be so much smaller than you are. I told my sister the other day "The weight I'm at now is what I pictured of myself when I weighed 285 lbs, so I dont notice much difference" but when I put the pictures together I'm like WOW!

oops meant to quote Libby81
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    When I lie on my side, I can feel my hip bone. It's annoying and feels uncomfortable. :-/
  • azzacca
    azzacca Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    The weirdest thing for me is my own observation of it. I have had a few people say I was almost unrecognizable to them. But, when I look in the mirror, I see me in smaller clothes that fit much better, but the same chubby girl is still staring back at me. I do see the difference in photos though.

I can't see my weight loss when I am just wearing a bra and underwear. I still see the fat I was. But in clothes, because they're all a smaller size (and still too big), I can tell it better.
  • lexiwho
    lexiwho Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I JUST said this the other day! it's so true.. you never realize just how big you are until you have a picture of yourself in front of you... but in your mind you envision yourself to be so much smaller than you are. I told my sister the other day "The weight I'm at now is what I pictured of myself when I weighed 285 lbs, so I dont notice much difference" but when I put the pictures together I'm like WOW!

oops meant to quote Libby81

Exactly!

One of the biggest points that stands out in my mind is when my fiance's half-sister gave me a shirt. My fiance later said to me, "Not being mean...but does she seriously think that's going to fit you?" I got really offended because I thought she was smaller than me and he was implying it would be too small. He immediately said, "Noooo, no! That is going to be HUGE on you. You're much smaller than her." I tried it on later and it was ridiculously huge on me. It's crazy how we perceive ourselves.
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I love this thread, too. My butt is definitely boney and I find sitting on hard chairs uncomfortable. I am always folding towels and throws to sit on at home. Also, I am cold all the time. My rings slip around my hands and sometimes just fall right off.

I get the uncomfortable sitting experience as well, though for me, my spine sticks out now, so sitting against hard-backed chairs is horrible sometimes. Gotta keep moving around..
  • greenemoe
    greenemoe Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm loving all the posts. Makes me :laugh:. The weirdest thing for me is that I have lost 82lbs but dont see the big difference when Im looking in the mirror. Yes, the size has def change from 26/28 to 18/20 top mostly n 20/22 pants..

Hubby n kids say that they do see it. Im happy tho...
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I realised last night that I've been pushing my glasses back up my nose for the past few days - and now it's really bugging me LOL so I'm off to the opticians tomorrow to get the arms bent in a little so they stay in place - no fun when you wear varifocals!!

My skirts are also too long now, I keep treading on the hem as I walk up and downstairs - my fat bum used to keep them above my ankles, now they drag on the floor - a good excuse to buy new, shorter skirts??!!

Hubby is adamant he hasn't lost any weight, yet when he ran up the stairs the other day his trousers ended up around his ankles!

What's the weirdest thing you've discovered on your weight loss journey??

Coincidence! I noticed on the weekend that the lenses of my glasses are no longer sitting on my pudgy cheeks - cos my cheeks aint pudgy anymore!

And double coincidence - I was referred to as tall four times last week - by people I hadn't seen for a while and who didn't immediately recognise me - they all said they were wondering who "that tall woman" with my husband was!

Congratulations on your NSVs. I know just how great they make you feel.
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    First time ever.... I yelled at my teen-aged daughter to stop wearing my blue jeans :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Wow, when i started this I was only expecting a few responses - you lot are awesome LOL

A lot of similar experiences, but some really quirky ones too!!!!!

Still haven't got my glasses altered - I keep forgetting!

Keep'em coming!
  • reserge
    reserge Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Great thread! Everyone is doing so well!!!!

I too am constantly stunned by my own reflection or pics of myself. As I approach a mirror I imagine my reflection and when I actually get to the mirror I am always a lot smaller than I imagined I was going to be.

Also a girl who I have always considered "normal" size was raving about how I looked. She said "I bet you weigh less than me now" and I was like "NO WAY of course I don't, I am waaaay bigger than you". She revealed her weight and I was right, I was bigger than her.......by 1kg! I thought she was about 10kg lighter than me.

I now fit into my honeymoon clothes, but I am about 10kg heavier than I was on honeymoon. I really don't get that. Does that mean I am musclier?

I have those shoulders I never thought I would have - where the shoulder bones stick out more than the fat on my chest.

I struggle to get warm in bed, and it is summer here!

I am just going to say it - romantic snuggling is soooo different. Things are smaller and less padded - I feel like my husband is having an affair......with me. LOL. Sorry, had to be said ;-).

Tank tops are now tunics. Tops that were belly button length are now mid thigh length.

At my hubands work party we had fancy dress and I wore a wig. The wife of a colleague could not stop going on about how much younger I looked. She said I looked 16 (i'm 33)! I kept saying "it's the wig" but then she said "Oh my god, you've lots *kitten* loads of weight". Never realised how much the weight aged me.

I can fit 2 hands down the cups of my bras. And I only just got new ones damn it.

Oh, I am so proud of myself and how far I have come. Bring on more awesome changes!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!