Trader Joe's!

Options
123457»

Replies

• EvilMomma
    EvilMomma Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Ha! I just got home from a TJ's run... I bought frozen choppino (340 cal for the entire bag); multi grain bread; yogurt; flowers; frozen chicken breasts; some Its Just Chicken; and some stuff for my kid: boa and pot stickers. I buy most of my food there.
  • lcpruitt
    lcpruitt Posts: 11
    Options
    The pre-cooked lentils are amazing! Delicious healthy and super duper fast, which is key as med student!
  • kelly1142
    kelly1142 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I just had the sweet potato gnocchi in butter and sage tonight for dinner and it is insanely delicious!
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Has anybody said: speculos cookie butter???? Hellooooo!!! With their honey wheat pretzels for dipping? Mmmmmm. Or their longboard (surfboard looking ) tortilla chips ? Party in every crunch!!!!
  • billyjoebob
    Options
    Aldi's own's Trader Joe's? Are their prices similar? I love Aldi's, and would totally shop at Trader Joe's if the prices were what I get at Aldi's.
  • llw1013
    llw1013 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    2 buck chuck.
  • Susan2BHealthier
    Susan2BHealthier Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Vegetable Masala Burgers- 120 deliciousness. With a little Trader Joe Tahini Sauce on the side & a salad.
    Thai Red Curry Sauce- simmer chicken in it
    Salsas
    Mac & Cheese Reduced Guilt- 4 cheeses in it- 270 calories- fantastic.
    Whole Wheat Low Carb Wraps-45 calories- 7g fiber-4g protein-1g fat-10g carb
    Pearl Grape tomatoes
    Gourmet Cheeses...really great prices
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Aldi's own's Trader Joe's? Are their prices similar? I love Aldi's, and would totally shop at Trader Joe's if the prices were what I get at Aldi's.

Not having an Aldi's in my area, I really can't say. I think Trader Joe's has got awesome prices on many of the things I used to buy elsewhere but that being said, there are definitely impulse items that can run up your bill.

Last hummus I tried from TJ's was Roasted Red pepper... mmm mmm very delish!
    I agree the Veggie Masala burgers are awesome, I cook them up and later eat one cold with a salad. I now enjoy them better cold. :bigsmile:

ETA: agree... any of the Reduced Guilt items are delish and decent on the nutrition (lower fat/sodium/sugar, depending on what you're buying)
  • LaMiaVita
    Options
    Bumping so I can come back later and go through line by line -- love my TJ's!
  • Becca_007
    Options
    Was off to pick up some Valencia PB from TJ's when I heard they had a huge recall ...bummer... glad I didn't buy it last week and am not at risk of getting food poisoning
  • becs_91
    becs_91 Posts: 180 Member
    Options

Not quite Aldi's prices, but I like to call it "the Aldi's of Whole Foods." Definitely lower prices than health stores and even major chain grocery stores, but nothing is quite cheaper than good ol' Aldi's. The stuff you'll get at TJ's though will be probably higher quality and definitely more nutritious than Aldi's though. And still pretty cheap!

I am obsessed with Trader Joe's. My current must haves:

-Ahi tuna steaks
    -Salmon fillets
    -Turkey burgers
    -Greek yogurt - the fat free is plenty delicious - and pumpkin is out now! Yay fall!
    -Garlic chili tilapia, sold fresh in the refrigerated section. Yummy, easy, cheap, super lean protein.
    -Roasted garlic hummus & their whole wheat pita pockets

Oh, and who am I kidding..... 2 buck chuck. I've got it under control lately though, I just keep a bottle of good ol Chuck in my fridge for an emergency. :wink:
  • becs_91
    Options
    Was off to pick up some Valencia PB from TJ's when I heard they had a huge recall ...bummer... glad I didn't buy it last week and am not at risk of getting food poisoning

I heard about that. I've been wanting to try the Valencia PB w/ flax seed, don't think that was related to the recall, but I'll probably wait it out a bit just in case.
  • MonkeeBob
    Options
    I love it too, bump for ideas!!
  • deb2799
    deb2799 Posts: 45
    Options
    I find TJ's for me to be a hit or miss. I either love it or hate it.

My favorite thing is the Fig cereal bars, only 120 calories and tastes like a fig newton but better!

My kiddos love the Orange Chicken

Milk is cheap there

I hated the Pumpkin Greek yogurt
  • SpiritRockBernie
    Options
    love love love Trader Joes. Their frozen lasagna is 6 bucks for a large tray. It's very delish also.

They also have great hot sauce. They have 2 kinds. A chili pepper one and a jalapeno one. The chili pepper one is my favorite, although I recently got two huge cholula hot sauce bottles at costco, so that's lasted me a little while.

they also have chili lime flavored cashews which are addicting.
  • PaprikaPrincess
    PaprikaPrincess Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of the boxed vegetable soups: butternut squash, carrot ginger and sweet potato bisque. It keeps me away from fast food.
  • brennsie
    Options
    eggplant hummus
    flax seed bread
    ^^literally, I went through a phase where this is all I would eat for breakfast. So yummy and so healthy!

I love basically anything from TJs though. The one near my house went out of business though, so now I have to drive 35 minutes to go shopping :(
  • becs_91
    Options
    I hated the Pumpkin Greek yogurt

Ah, I love it! I do add a ton of cinnamon and nutmeg to it though
  • Becca_007
    Options
    OMG tried their "Dark Chocolate Nutty Bits"... very good!

http://www.healingbaskets.com/trader-joes-dark-chocolate-nutty-bits
    Their dark chocolate nutty bits are a crunch mix of almonds, cashews, pumpkin seeds, pistachios and sweet toffee. They're kettle cooked in small batches, then dipped in rich, dark chocolate and sprinkled with just a touch of Fleur de sel for a superbly sweet and slightly salty treat. Gluten free. 7oz.

Serving size is 3 but one is perfect for a nutty treat!