Zumba

Options

Replies

• MummyOfSeven
    MummyOfSeven Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I bought zumba for the Wii and I love it. I bought it because is was something i could do at home and you can create your own playlist as well. :happy:

I have had a chance to look through the playlists. I do wish you could add your own songs.
  • shelmac
    shelmac Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Zumba 2 is brilliant and very easy to use. Who cares if you get the moves wrong, as long as your grooving away. It even tells you the calories burned per dance x
  • MummyOfSeven
    Options
    Zumba 2 is brilliant and very easy to use. Who cares if you get the moves wrong, as long as your grooving away. It even tells you the calories burned per dance x

I've heard a few complaints that the calorie count is a bit off. Not sure whether it was high or low.
    I've gone ahead and bought a HRM anyway. It will come in handy when I'm allowed to go back to the gym.
    Damn, if you'd have told me six months ago that I'd be complaining about not being able to exercise, I'd have died laughing!
  • desirae500
    desirae500 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I agree. I attend 2 classes where the instructors kick butt. The third class I attend is not a s good. The instructor's moves are very low-impact and she doesn't cue as well. Part of it is that she is a newer instructor so maybe she will improve with time.

I still have fun, though! I wear a belly dance coin scarf (learned it from the "older" ladies in the class) and it makes all this hip movements 10x more fun!
  • breeanreyes
    breeanreyes Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I L.O.V.E. ZUMBA!!! I was a dancer for 13 years growing up and couldn't do it after I graduated high school.. it has given my back my one huge passion in life! i love taking live classes and doing the dvd's and this is the first time i've had success losing weight consistently.. good luck to anyone who tries it, it is a BLAST!
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I took it for the first time yesterday. I loved it. I like the instructor. I have heard from other people that depends on instructor. But, everyone seems to love it. I have been working out and I was surprised at how sore I was yesterday and today.
  • PinkGoth
    PinkGoth Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba, i go to a class after work.

I have been to a few classes a couple were rubbish but i have finally found one i love.

I have the game on the wii too, but find the classes more fun, i love dancing so that helps.
  • Mammajory
    Options
    I am absolutely ADDICTED to Zumba ! I do it 4 to 5 times per week. I have lost about 15 pounds since I started.
  • MummyOfSeven
    Options
    I can't do classes. Me and groups don't do well together.
    I'll stick with the Wii, as soon as I'm well :smile:
  • Irie_chick67
    Options
    I've never taken a Zumba class. I do Jazzercise, myself and just got certified to teach. However, it's all about having fun with your workout. There are lots of options out there for a dance fitness program and you have nothing to loose but calories and sweat, as you dance the weight off. Regardless of which program you choose, the positive is that you a getting out there and getting it done.

Enjoy, yourself.

4250624.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • WenniL
    WenniL Posts: 14
    Options
    I totally LOVE zumba! There is a class offered at our Y, but I'm so bummed...it's offered at 7pm. that's kinda late for me :( I can't seem to work out and come home then go to bed a couple hrs later. I wake up at 4am for work, so going to the Y for a class from 7pm to 8pm and not getting home till 830pm is a bit much and a little late for me. But I would highly recommend it! It's all up to the instructor...hopefully you get a good one. It's such a great workout and you sweat so much, but you really don't even realize your working out that much.
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    now I'm excited to get my Zumba dvd from the library and give it a try!
  • hels4397
    hels4397 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    As an instructor myself, I will tell you it so works! I lost 50lbs between changing my diet, some running and ZUMBA. And once you get the ZUMBA bug, you can't get rid of it! Trust me. I'm always looking for more music to choreograph to, as well as other classes to take. Currently I teach 6 classes a week, and if I didn't have a FT job I'd have more classes :) If you ever have the chance to do it live, DO IT! Live classes are so much more fun than the video game IMO - I highly recommend it :)
  • Nic529
    Nic529 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    LOVE! There are no other words!! haha!
  • bobbin1
    Options
    Love it. I take a class once a week and do it at least 2 times a week at home on my Wii. So much fun.
  • suzycav77
    suzycav77 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    i've got a couple zumba games for the will, i think it's awesome esp zumba 2 :smile:
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I love zumba, it doesn't feel like working out to me, it is just fun dancing........It takes a little while to get the moves down but then you can throw some wiggles in and it makes it much more fun. I say try everything once and somethings take a few weeks to really give it a good go, live life to the fullest!
  • nelsonsrotties
    nelsonsrotties Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I got into Zumba about a month ago and absolutely love it. It is a good workout and you don't even realize the session is up.
  • msmithevv
    msmithevv Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Tried it once and loved it. Unfortunately my gym does not offer it at a time I can go. Some of us have to work so 8:00 am on TU/TH doesn't work for us, but I am over it. I will keep doing kick boxing, which is an awesome workout too.
  • thejackswild79
    Options
    Love, love, LOVE it!