Zumba

Options

Replies

• Fitfaery
    Fitfaery Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Love Zumba. But the instructor makes or breaks the class.

Agreed
  • amandahoppes
    Options
    I bought an XBOX Kinect and I have the Zumba "game" and I LOVE it! I feel so energetic after a session! I also work out on an elliptical, but I like to switch it up so I'm not bored with working out. Zumba makes me feel like I'm dancing....and with the game, I am dancing in my own living room.....even better!
  • daphnegetnfit
    Options
    Love Zumba. But the instructor makes or breaks the class.

Agreed! Love my Zumba instructor!
  • TotallyTina
    TotallyTina Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am an Instructor!! WAY FUN!! you do burn between 500-700 calories a class. And it's just not for Women!! Checkout Zumba.com for a class near you!!
  • Llilia17
    Llilia17 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba for my Wii and I love it. It's high energy. The instructor is easy to listen to and follow. It breaks each move down for you if you need to practice it to get it down. There are a few different time settings and intensities that you can use that best fits you. The music is great.

The downside. There is no calorie calculator. There is a calendar but it's very minimal. It would be nice if it had a little more to chart your progress in the game.
  • ReniaL
    ReniaL Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am so pleased I found this post! I am absolutely addicted to Zumba. My gym offers the classes and I always make sure that I am booked on them as the places are going ever so fast at my gym! It is true it really depends on the instructor. My Saturday's class is so much more enjoyable tham Monday one.

I just have one question ladies. how do you calculate the calories burned during Zumba. I am using the Aerobics high impact in our excercise database, and you?
  • suzycav77
    suzycav77 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba for my Wii and I love it. It's high energy. The instructor is easy to listen to and follow. It breaks each move down for you if you need to practice it to get it down. There are a few different time settings and intensities that you can use that best fits you. The music is great.

The downside. There is no calorie calculator. There is a calendar but it's very minimal. It would be nice if it had a little more to chart your progress in the game.
    zumba 2 tells u exactly how many calories u burn
  • mae1020
    mae1020 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba. It's my favorite class. I go 4 times a week. It's a great workout and alot of fun!!
  • BirchBayLady
    BirchBayLady Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have done two Zumba Wii classes now. Yesterday I did a short low-intensity workout and today I did a medium low-intensity. Today it told me I had burned 493 calories. I have a hard time believing that because I don't feel like I worked all that hard. I was surprised to find out that I was sweating a bit though. I feel very uncoordinated and goofy, and can't really keep up with the DVD. I had been doing Just Dance 3 and really like that, but I have used that every day for quite awhile now and know all of the moves and exercises pretty well, so I was getting bored. Zumba is a lot different, and (for me) much more difficult to learn. There is a section that teaches you the basic steps but I didn't find that helpful because the Zumba routines use those steps in different ways than the way you're shown in the tutorial. But I like a good challenge, so I'm going to keep it up and see if I notice a difference on the scale and in how my clothes fit. I'm heading out to find a HRM tomorrow so I can be more accurate in my tracking.
  • honeydoozy
    honeydoozy Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else feel like the uncoordinated four-legged monkey that escaped a lab when they are doing zumba? Because I do. Needless to say it's AMAZING. And you can make it as hard or as easy as you want. I'm not sure about 600 calories burned or whatever, but its a great workout and beats the elliptical any day.

LOL!! I just re-started after taking a year off from unrelated injuries and losing my all-time favorite instructor to a competing gym. I recently crossed paths with her and I decided to jump in again! This would be easy, I thought, since I had all the moves.

Yeah... no.

Time off and lack of fitness has erased my blazing moves and rock steady coordination.

It seems that I really am that four-legged monkey with a serious lack of rhythm... BUT... in the back row - no one notices. :blushing: It's all good! Now, if I could just get brave enough to tie on one of those coin skirts - woohooO!
  • Em28wxm
    Em28wxm Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE zumba!! i would recommend it to anyone, even people who dont enjoy exercising will find this fun :)
  • ada81
    ada81 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I bought the zumba dvd set a few years ago and just now dug them out. I tried the P90x and it just was boring for me and after a week, i didnt want to even think about it any longer. Zumba is more my style exercise so i am excited to get this started.

How did you find out about the calories burned though, is this something you enter on a site based on weight or a general calorie burn info
  • mlewon
    mlewon Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Loooove Zumba!

I have it on my Wii and it's fantastic! But I've taken the classes as well and those are fun too :)
  • lgeren
    lgeren Posts: 45
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE Zumba! I am a member @ a gym that teaches 7-8 classes a week & I try to attend 5 of them. It is so much fun! We have 3 different instructors with 1-2 that fill in from time to time. I like it because with each different instructor, we get different songs & so it's not the same, monotonous, boring exercises every single time. Our instructors call it their "Club" so when we go in, we are having fun, singing, & dancing, & having a good time. We even do theme nights (ex. Black Light Zumba Party, Zumba-thons, & one we are having next week- FIreworks Zumba where everyone comes dressed in their brightest workout clothes). I am completely addicted to Zumba!
  • stefanieceleste0530
    stefanieceleste0530 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Love it! Getting ready to go to a class in a little bit :happy:
  • lgeren
    lgeren Posts: 45
    Options
    Also our instructors do a great mixture of hip hop, Latin, & pop songs so it gets changed up a bit by the different styles of music. One of our old instructors even threw in a country song one night & it was so much fun!
  • Ayirela
    Ayirela Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I enjoy it, I haven't been to a live class though. I have the dvd set that has multiple work outs depending on your needs. You get super sweaty burn tons of calories and the 50 min cardio party flies by so fast! It's a nice fun cardio in the privacy of my home where no one can see me looking like a spastic person LOL!
  • dmarie1110
    dmarie1110 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I bought the Exhiliration 6-cd set to do at home and I love it! I don't have time to go to a class and I'm somewhat uncoordinated so I feel much more comfortable at home. I highly recommend it.
  • barbaratracy
    Options
    I would like to buy a Zumba dvd, Any suggestions ???????
  • Angiehanzen1013
    Angiehanzen1013 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I, too, am not only an avid fan, but also an instructor! (I am a little biased, I know). I LOVE ZUMBA and I really do get a GREAT workout! I am 127lbs and stand about 5'3 and even teaching I burn around 500 calories a class! I do think the teacher can make or break a class, so if you don't like it, PLEASE try another instructor!!!