Zumba

Options
12345679»

Replies

• rgm66
    rgm66 Posts: 33
    Options
    My wife and me did Zumba for the first time today. It wore this 46 year old man out but I had a lot of fun
  • asdandme
    asdandme Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I love it! But because of asthma and being out of shape...there I said it!:smile: I can not do the hour long Zumba classes that are offered so I do it on the Wii fit at home. I have worked up from 15 mins to 30mins.
  • molskins
    Options
    How does everyone burn that much? I have a Polar FT7 HRM and after completing the Exhilerate 60 minute DVD it said I had only burned 260 calories, even though I had been dancing and sweating hard - I think it's been accurate with everything else, so I don't see why I'm not burning much?
  • truthordara
    Options
    I log it as dance, aerobic. I've also logged "zumba" on my fitbit and it gives you the same calorie burn as "dance aerobic" about 100 calories per 20 minutes
  • ermahgerdkate
    ermahgerdkate Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love Zumba. In addition to taking it at my university's recreation center, I also took it as a half semester course for credit. I even own the Zumba Exhilarate series. What I like most about it is that it's a lot of fun for people who don't like traditional exercises.

The most discouraging thing about going to classes is that some people are just naturally gifted at dance, but don't let that get you down! Do the best you can and have as much fun as possible. You may not pick up all the movements and hip motions at first, but you will with practice.
  • uscdrj
    uscdrj Posts: 18
    Options
    If you are nervous about trying Zumba, try Zumba Gold. An easier way to get used to the moves, and lower impact on the joints. There is also a Zumba Gold DVD you can buy; great 45 minute, fun workout. Includes a training DVD on all the steps, which is also a great workout. Zumba is great! Doesn't matter if you are a good dancer or not.....just move
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love Zumba. In addition to taking it at my university's recreation center, I also took it as a half semester course for credit. I even own the Zumba Exhilarate series. What I like most about it is that it's a lot of fun for people who don't like traditional exercises.

The most discouraging thing about going to classes is that some people are just naturally gifted at dance, but don't let that get you down! Do the best you can and have as much fun as possible. You may not pick up all the movements and hip motions at first, but you will with practice.

Getting college credits for Zumba? How much better can it get? :laugh: I understand the "gifted at dance" comment. In my class there is a professional dancer. She sort of makes the rest of us look silly.
  • michcat17
    michcat17 Posts: 13
    Options
    Any ideas how many calories Zumba Sentao burn? I just took a class today - fun!
  • jaishar1985
    jaishar1985 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Good evening to you all, I'm fairly new to this site and was just wondering How many calories on average do you burn doing Zumba at the moment I'm doing the 20 minutes work out p.s feel free to add me x
  • sbanday20
    sbanday20 Posts: 1
    Options
    for marianne_s . or anyone else..

i was wondering how many calories I would burn for the zumba ripped DVD? (I'm 5'5 and weigh 125)?
  • Beautifulbridgittlee7
    Options
    I adore zumba! I even want to become a fitness instructor, zumba, kickboxing, step, water aerobics, spin, circuit training, all things I'd want to teach. I love the classes, and the dvds fun, there are even youtube workouts, you can follow, you can pick up a bunch of zumba songs on youtube and make a 60 minutes or more playlist if you want. I'd like to try aqua zumba, but I still enjoy hip hop, running, hiking, rowing, biking, jumping rope,the cardio machines, tae bo, weight training and snowshoeing/sledding.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    When I first started exercising I liked Zumba but I don't go to those classes anymore. Now I prefer higher intensity cardio classes like step aerobics and spin.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    <3<3 I absolutely love it!! <3<3
  • oxnina
    oxnina Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love zumba! I took my heart rate monitor today to class and in an hour class i burnt 1000 calories! I work hard in the class and it motivates me to exercise, rather than going to a gym. You tend to feel awkward at first, but as long as you keep moving and trying as hard as you can, youll get a great workout! No one else in the room is focusing on you in the room other than yourself, so just have fun!! (P.S: The first class is the hardest, don't get discouraged, keep going and it'll become easier!)
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Love it. Unfortunately with my schedule I can only make it once a week, but love it when I do.