Prejudged because of car?!?

Options

Replies

• supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Lifted 93 jeep cherokee, snorkle, all terrain tires (it's a daily driver so muds would totally wear out way too quickly!!)
    .........has "deathproof" sticker on hood as well as says Deathproof on back window.

I'm not really sure what people think when they see me... but I've had several butch girls come up to me while pumping gas and complementing my vehicle :wink:

I'm not butch, but I would totally ogle your vehicle, and compliment you on it :blushing:
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Did you tip her well? I knew nothing of this BMW discrimination. Interesting.
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    As long as there aren't any testicles hanging from it, you're good.

OMG.. I hate those damn things!!

I do too!! I think we need to get some boobs and hang them from the bumpers of our cars.

boobs are more awesome than testicles! hahaha

They are nice to look at too, unlike testicles!
  • King_Bee
    King_Bee Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I have balls hanging from my BMW.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Lifted 93 jeep cherokee, snorkle, all terrain tires (it's a daily driver so muds would totally wear out way too quickly!!)
    .........has "deathproof" sticker on hood as well as says Deathproof on back window.

I'm not really sure what people think when they see me... but I've had several butch girls come up to me while pumping gas and complementing my vehicle :wink:

I'm not butch, but I would totally ogle your vehicle, and compliment you on it :blushing:

:smooched:
  • 3GKnight
    3GKnight Posts: 203
    Options
    Let me guess... BMW?

Bingo

Let me guess...Military?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Let me guess... BMW?

Bingo

They're sweet cars. Who cares what people think. My buddy used to drive one. He told me something like, "I have come to terms that people will assume I'm a prick. Oh well". :)

If someone is truly judging you because of it, they're doing you a favor in a sense.. you know up front they're not worth investing in.

I guess my main problem is, I don't really like the thought of people not liking me. It's always been an issue I've had.

Understood. Maybe get Ford or Toyota keychain and plop that on the counter next time :smile:
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    What kind of car do you drive? LMAO!

I drive a Toyotal Celica, so....not a lot of judgement there. BUT my fiance has (get ready) :
    a 1965 Ford Mustang
    2000 Ford Mustang GT convertible
    1985 Ford mustnag GT
    1983 Ford F350 dually
    1988 Toyota pick up
    1993 toyota pick up
    i swear i'm missing a car somewhere......

anyway, people tend to think w'ere super weathy because we arrive in a different car every time...but it's really because that's probably the only running vehicle we have at that moment....and the next time that one will be broken down and we'll be in a different one......:( i think TOTAL, the cars all together cost us like....under 23,000. the convertible was 10,000 by itself. so...yeah.
  • JThomas61
    Options
    <
    always gets pre-judged but doesn't give a rat's *kitten*!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Did you tip her well? I knew nothing of this BMW discrimination. Interesting.

Yes, I always tip well because I've worked in the restaurant industry and I know how difficult their job is.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Options

Understood. Maybe get Ford or Toyota keychain and plop that on the counter next time :smile:

I can't help it, the key itself has a BMW logo, I don't even have a key chain accessory.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options

I drive a Toyotal Celica, so....not a lot of judgement there. BUT my fiance has (get ready) :
    a 1965 Ford Mustang
    1985 Ford mustnag GT
    1983 Ford F350 dually
    1988 Toyota pick up
    1993 toyota pick up

anyway, people tend to think w'ere super weathy because we arrive in a different car every time...but it's really because that's probably the only running vehicle we have at that moment....and the next time that one will be broken down and we'll be in a different one......:( i think TOTAL, the cars all together cost us like....under 23,000. the convertible was 10,000 by itself. so...yeah.

You're missing the only one in that actually matters.. the Boss/Mach 1 (Red & Black) that some skinny kid is standing infront of in your pics.
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Yep. I drive a BMW as well, and I always get judged, especially since I'm so young, but hey I work hard, I love cars and I love to drive fast. I let them judge, doesn't bother me so much.
  • caseyp1122
    caseyp1122 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm a 6'2, 220 pound former United States Marine so when people see me drive up in my 2011 Honda Insite Hybrid they are kind of taken a back. It doesn't bother me cause I honestly could really give a f*** what people think and if they are going to prejudge me for the type of car I drive then that's probably someone I don't want to associate with in the first place.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I have been flipped off by a random kid (he had no hood, jealousy I guess) while going the opposite direction on a 2-lane highway.

What was I driving?....a 2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK230.

Had to get rid of that car....and upgrade to a 2010 MB E350.

Fck him!!!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Options
    Let me guess... BMW?

Bingo

Let me guess...Military?

No sir, I've never been in the military, but people do ask me if I've served. Perhaps it's because I respond "Yes ma'am and yes sir"
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    me thinks you have to go to a better restaurant for lunch in future, one where its not such a big deal to have a car.
  • modernsoul
    modernsoul Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Lifted truck, they automatically assume I'm compensating for something.

and I'll vouch for you that that absolutely isn't the case. :wink:
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    But back to the OP. It's pretty common for people to prejudge based on your car.

I make house calls to my clients on a regular basis, many times before I ever meet them.
    If I drove a rusted out POS, or a KIA, I would not be portrayed as half as successful as I am, and likely lose out on clients. It's just the way the world is.

On the flip side, you get pretty good at connecting with people based on your portrayal of them by what they pull up in. Not always, but I have gotten pretty good at picking up enough clues by someones car/appearance to know how to converse with them.

Subtle items are really the key though. Shoes, briefcases, watch. Any prick can go out and buy a car for the name, but it takes atleast some style to pick out shoes.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Options

a 1965 Ford Mustang
    1985 Ford mustnag GT
    1983 Ford F350 dually
    1988 Toyota pick up
    1993 toyota pick up

Nice collection.