Prejudged because of car?!?

Options

Replies

• _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    As long as there aren't any testicles hanging from it, you're good.

OMG.. I hate those damn things!!

Ditto

If you have balls hanging from your car, I will judge you. Only exception.

:laugh:

front_page_truck_nuts_400.jpg
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options

Ditto

If you have balls hanging from your car, I will judge you. Only exception.

:laugh:

front_page_truck_nuts_400.jpg

sexy! hahahaha
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    This is my car. Yes, judged for sure! Mainly just asked why I drive such a slow/small vehicle. Reason is simple, I also have a CBR600RR & I would like to keep my license for more than a few weeks at a time :tongue:

post-31-13127787862129235221.jpg

Everyone has a reason for their choice of vehicle so no judgement from me. (plus I'm a car/bike guy)
  • ambeer2
    ambeer2 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Nothing can be worse than having Truck Nutz on your car.
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    probably, but I don't give a ****. :smile: I love my car.

The nuts hanging thing is gross and not funny!
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Since a drive a 15 passenger van, I can only imagine what people think.((large family)) They would be right lol
  • ayummymommy01
    ayummymommy01 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    No hummer for me, if I ever did purchase one, it would be a military spec, not a pavement pounder like the ones seen on highways and streets, and never used off road.

I drive a BMW, but when I had an Acura nobody ever made rude comments. Also, an old friend of mine seen me at the gas station and I stepped out my car he said "Look at you, all sketchy now"!

In my region, a sketchy person is a superficial, all about them self type of person. I think I'm fairly considerate and go out of my way to help others whenever I can.

And no, I didn't report her comment to the manager, and I still gave her a great tip, hopefully that changes her perspective a bit.

you are way too nice!!!
  • StrengthIsBeautiful
    Options
    She was probably trying to get a date... Seriously, it's a BMW key. It's not like you strolled in there decked out head to toe in gear screaming 'LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME!!!' (I assume that isn't what happened anyway) She had a motive outside of being a b***h.

Right, eh? If he walked in shirtless, she probably really wanted an honest answer to her question!
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Flirting...she's doing it wrong.
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I bought a brand new 06 Mitsubishi lancer evolution off the showroom floor; everybody assumed it was my boyfriends. Now my husband that totaled it. Judge me not by what I drive but who I let drive it. Fml
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Well.. I do, but it probably isn't for the reason most people do.

I have a 1999 Chevy Prizm. I love my car. Well, almost 2 years ago - I was in a fender bender that caused some minor damage to it. I have a high deductible and I refuse to pay that (and increase my insurance MORE) to have a bumper and headlight repaired. I've had people comment on my "trashy car".

I personally find it ridiculous to judge someone on their car. I know a lot of people who don't have a lot of money, but find a nice car to be a priority to them. People assume they are goody-goody or rich because of their car.

That being said - I wish people who drive larger vehicles (trucks, hummers, suvs) would stop being such *kitten* to people in little cars. Regardless of the size of your car, my car is still there and riding my *kitten* won't make me or my small car go any faster. As a matter a fact, I'm gonna slow down if you try and bully me.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I bought a brand new 06 Mitsubishi lancer evolution off the showroom floor; everybody assumed it was my boyfriends. Now my husband that totaled it. Judge me not by what I drive but who I let drive it. Fml

Nice car, I was contemplating an Evo MR myself
  • anhancock10
    anhancock10 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I recently got a honda pilot,so my whole family and friends made comments. They are like "oh so your rich now" or "wow id love to have the money to buy that". Its called a car payment and good credit, try it sometime....you can get things that are expensive without paying upfront :)
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options

But the rudolph nose and antlers are okay, right? :blushing:

They better be since my car is sporting them right now. ;)
  • missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Wow, can't believe a server would say that. Even if meant as a joke, really didn't come off that way!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options

OP I assume you must work hard to have the car and while I do think her comment was out of line I applaud you for not speaking to her manager and potentially costing her the job. Hopefully she will grow up.

BTW I drive a QX56. Please don't judge me tho. I needed something with 4 wheel drive ... Limited choices for a girlie girl.

That is not a girIie girI car, I wouId sport one
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I've got a 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS and a 2010 Town and Country with a wheelchair conversion. I will totally admit that my vehicles are a part of my image. I hate the van with a passion, but it's necessary, as my daughter has cerebral palsy. I always feel like a soccer mom in it. In the Camaro I feel like the "real me".
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Yep.... had a Mustang GT for awhile.... labeled for that...

Replaced with a hybrid and I can't shake the "tree-hugger" label. Not all bad, but... y'know, makes me feel bad if I'm spotted with a styrofoam cup.

Then I got a different car... so now I get prejudged on other things. :-D
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    drive a herse with a coffin in the back im still trying to get someone to donate a body for it.....:devil: :wink:
  • SummerFun2011
    Options
    I think that it was very sweet of you to still leave a nice tip. Many would have been mean!:flowerforyou: