What is your strangest fear?

Options

Replies

• 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Ever since I was 7 years old I cannot sleep with my feet hanging over the edge of the bed. My friends Grandmother babysat for us and when she put us to bed she told us that if our feet hang over the edge then the Devil will come and lick the soles of our feet and we will never follow our true path. I know that its irrational and I'm agnostic but I still to this day, 4 kids later and 31 years old, I cannot sleep with my feet hanging off the bed.
  • onefourone
    Options
    Clowns and Snakes.. you want to freak me out have a clown holding a snake or a snake with clown make up on AHHHH
  • zendarah
    zendarah Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Bananas :/
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Ever since I was 7 years old I cannot sleep with my feet hanging over the edge of the bed. My friends Grandmother babysat for us and when she put us to bed she told us that if our feet hang over the edge then the Devil will come and lick the soles of our feet and we will never follow our true path. I know that its irrational and I'm agnostic but I still to this day, 4 kids later and 31 years old, I cannot sleep with my feet hanging off the bed.

This is weirdly hilarious. But I totally get the feeling, I can't sleep unless my feet are covered.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options

Oh yes, this too! When I was a kid, I firmly believed that I had a foot or a hand hanging off the bed, a big Chinese (not PC, sorry) guy would come and chop them off with an axe! I'm over the big Chinese guy but still, all body parts have to be on the bed!
  • Tamstar1985
    Tamstar1985 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    i am horrified at the possibility of falling down the stairs, smashing up my face, and losing teeth :$ typing that gave me gooseflesh...
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    the feet hanging off the bed is ENTIRELY rational. Who knows what monsters are hiding underneath??
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I always tuck the end of the blanket under my feet. Doing that protects you from any weird things that you can't see in the dark! :D
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Downward slopes. Not heights, just slopes. And tentacles.
  • CurlyClare78
    Options
    I have a problem with tea towels. I get through loads of kitchen paper because of this. I think it might be damp cloth that bothers me because I'm very specific about how I do laundry and I can't have anyone else do it for me. So if a friend borrowed a top and washed it, I'd put it straight back in the basket to wash again.

I'm massively phobic about needles to the extent that I'll pass out and although I'm fine watching True Blood and things like that I can't watch medical related stuff with blood. I have to cover my eyes so I don't get dizzy. Needles and blood fears are pretty common though, I felt quite embarrased when I watched the new Twilight film because there is a scene where a hospital blood bag is shown and I had to cover my eyes :blushing:
  • Addicted2carbs
    Options
    Clowns and Snakes.. you want to freak me out have a clown holding a snake or a snake with clown make up on AHHHH

Too funny a Snake with clown make up on :laugh:
  • AdeanaClaire
    Options
    Open cupboards when I go to sleep scare me. All cupboards in my room MUST be closed PROPERLY before I go to bed :) And also my dreams being a reality. If I wake up from a dream I usually have to turn the lamp on just to check if everythings okay, lol. They're not very strange???
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    For strange.....squirrels haha
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Polystyrene and cotton wool. I can't touch them they freak me out. If someone comes near me with them I tense up. It's strange.
  • gemco
    gemco Posts: 129
    Options
    freezers, the noise of icy things crunching together freaks me out. and falling into chest freezers and freezing to death.
  • LovingMyspace
    Options
    I have a fear of Succeeding, and leaving people behind... and New people yet I am strangely friendly I hear...
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    I am terrified of the thought of Zombies! Yea I said it...They scare this piss out of me..I can barely watch anything that resembles zombies...Scary...I hate the thought of them being fast slow, or just standing still....I will tell you my family owns and operates a Funeral home..lol.... Yea....
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I hate the undersides of boats. They are just creepy and terrifying and I hate them. Pics like this creep the hell out of me:

prop1.jpg

My worst fear would probably be falling off a cruise ship and being really close to the underside there. I don't know where the fear comes from, and as far as I'm concerned it's sort of a random one.

Ugh. That picture gives me the heebie-jeebies.

I was hit by a boat water skiing - the boat prop [propeller] cut my leg up bad - almost lost it - almost died.
    To this day I suffer from PTSD which I hide very well as I force myself to face the fear I have of boats and water.

I plan outings on the lake, at the beach just to face this again and again. I refuse to be held hostage.
    Nobody knows.

To the whole world, I am Bobby Clerici - fearless, ready to fight, adventurous, daring - not paralyzed by fear sometimes, enduring silent screams and remembering...
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    That one day I wake up and Bobby comes out of the shower instead... OMG was the past year all just a dream!!! :laugh:

Actually, I have a phobia of moths. It's not just that I don't like them, I actually get paralysed with fear if I'm in the same room as one.

I have gotten a lot better and can just about capture one in a glass and get it out of the house, but I remember as a youth going to see Silence of the Lambs and I hadn't obviously studied the poster very well and when they dragged that poor lassie out of the swamp and were doing the autopsy and then found the cocoon in her mouth and when they cut is open I nearly screamed the theatre down :laugh: I can laugh about it now, but back then it was the most horrific thing I could think of. :sad:
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Cats. Not like tigers and lions, either... I'm talking about your typical household tabby. I grew up with the meanest cat that ever lived and have been scared of them ever since.