What is your strangest fear?

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    None of my fears are strange. Rapists, murderers and clowns.
  • akaChuck
    akaChuck Posts: 233 Member
    \
    Grape jelly.

Only grape???

I'm freaked out of going down escalators. I always get an image of me toppling down one when I get near it.
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    I'm afraid of fear, I get scared when I start to get afraid.

LOL :laugh:

I didn't think anyone would catcht that. :P
  • Being touched. I can't even stand the though of it. Also, bunk beds. I'm always extremely freaked out that the top bunk will fall and I'll either be killed, or accidentally kill someone.
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Those tubes of dough that you peel to release the pressure.... *shudder* If there's someone else home, I will have them open if for me, or I try to open it by force instead of dealing with the suspense of when it will pop open at me.
  • Midgets smothered in mayonnaise that juggle yams scare the effing hell out of me!
  • JamieDD
    JamieDD Posts: 175 Member
    All dresser drawers and closet doors must be shut before getting into bed. Things will just come out of them if not closed! Really tall bridges...hate driving over them. Esp the big bridge across the Columbia at Longvew, WA. That thing is really TALL!!
  • Whoever said "grape jelly" - I TOTALLY GET IT.

I am terrified of puke. I'm afraid I will do it. Afraid someone around me will do it. Afraid someone will do it in a movie. This ridiculous fear has made me reconsider a handful of career paths.
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Windmills! The giant white ones. Terrible.

YES...they're Langoliers!
  • Elixandra
    Elixandra Posts: 299 Member
    Scared to be in a car accident <rolling over> again when someone else is driving.
  • BettyBudski
    BettyBudski Posts: 54 Member
    I'm absolutely terrified of this guy I work with......and he's even my friend! Something about him scares the crap outta me even though he's always been nice to me!
  • Elixandra
    Mustard.

OH YEA ME TOO! Now has the heebie jeebies thinking about it.
  • Elixandra
    Oh yea one more. Im scared to NOT have a pillow on behind my back when in bed. :noway:
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    I am scared of unfinished books. When I read Stephen King's "Gerald's Game", I was about 300 pages to the end. I just couldn't leave her all by herself, so I stayed up all night and read it to the end. I was very grateful to see the sun come up in the morning, and really happy when the little ones took a nap! Now, I make sure I start reading in the morning so that I can be finished before sunrise.
  • Momkat65
    Momkat65 Posts: 317 Member
    Magnified pictures of the mites that live on our bodies and in our eyelashes...EEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW
    I do not need that visual and now I am itchy all over for the rest of the night
    No one should have to think of what nibbles on them 24/7
    so sorry
  • flsunshine
    flsunshine Posts: 188 Member
    im terrified of roaches- if i see one no matter what time of day or night it is i will get someone else to kill it for me- so if theres one creeping by i will walk away from it they scare me that much.
    and closet doors- they have to be completely shut or completely open- when i was a kid my dad had to take the doors off my closest because i was so afraid of it
  • EKorun
    EKorun Posts: 7 Member
    Being stuck in space, in a little spaceship, hearing only the United States National Anthem for the rest of my life.
  • regions02
    regions02 Posts: 154 Member
    Snakes - can't even look at them on tv or in a magazine. If I ever saw one for real, I'd probably die of heart attack. My husband knows if he wants to collect on my life insurance, all he has to do is put a fake one in the bed!
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    I have a fear of Thunder.
    I love lightning (the dangerous thingy, I think it's pretty) but thunder scares me sh~tless. haha.
  • I get a little anxious when I fly on a commercial airliner during the take off and landing, I never had this fear until I got my private pilot's license.Also a deer running out in front of me on my motorcycle.(my main transportation 9 months a year and all vacations)