What is your strangest fear?

Options

Replies

• UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Actually, I have a phobia of moths. It's not just that I don't like them, I actually get paralysed with fear if I'm in the same room as one.

I have gotten a lot better and can just about capture one in a glass and get it out of the house, but I remember as a youth going to see Silence of the Lambs and I hadn't obviously studied the poster very well and when they dragged that poor lassie out of the swamp and were doing the autopsy and then found the cocoon in her mouth and when they cut is open I nearly screamed the theatre down :laugh: I can laugh about it now, but back then it was the most horrific thing I could think of. :sad:

I'm afraid of moths, too! When I was a kid, I was at girl scout camp. We were all sitting around the campfire singing, and I inhaled a moth. I can still remember the fluttery, dusty feeling of it in my throat. If moths get in the house, my husband is immediately dispatched to kill them!
  • mazza2marilyn
    Options
    Have many fears,the worst i think is being buried alive.
    last week in the paper was a report of a man burying he's girlfriend alive, it freaked me out.
    also in films if anyone is being buried alive i have to walk out, can't stand it
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Downward slopes. Not heights, just slopes. And tentacles.
    Oh dear, you wouldn't enjoy our home town then. We live on ski slopes!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Ever since my kids were born, I get this uncontrollable fear of dying when I go to sleep if I'm sick, especially if I'm having breathing trouble or a high fever. I don't know why. I had the flu a couple of weeks ago, and I seriously had a panic attack the second night when I had a 102-degree fever and everything was achy. I was convinced I would be dead by morning.

I'm also irrationally afraid of spiders, but I think that's fairly common. I've been having to overcome it because my husband is also afraid of spiders, but he just LETS THEM LIVE. You can't let them live! They'll eat you in your sleep!
  • Jferg69
    Jferg69 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Tall women, and I don't know why. Just glad i'm 6feet tall as there's not many women around here taller than me.

When I meet a tall woman, I freeze.
    Very strange.....
  • ajbeans
    Options
    I am terrified of the thought of Zombies! Yea I said it...They scare this piss out of me..I can barely watch anything that resembles zombies...Scary...I hate the thought of them being fast slow, or just standing still....I will tell you my family owns and operates a Funeral home..lol.... Yea....

I have no fear of zombies ever being a real thing, but I get so scared of zombie movies and I can't play video games with zombies in them. My now-husband (then-fiance) talked me into seeing 28 Days Later in the theater, and I was so scared I was sobbing in the theater with my head between my knees. Couldn't leave because I knew my imagination would never let me walk into a dark parking lot alone when there were zombies in the theater. :laugh:
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I'm also irrationally afraid of spiders, but I think that's fairly common. I've been having to overcome it because my husband is also afraid of spiders, but he just LETS THEM LIVE. You can't let them live! They'll eat you in your sleep!

Yup. They eat limbs that hang off the bed!!!
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    woodlice
  • EMc4452
    EMc4452 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm scared of bellybuttons... This includes my own.
  • wakeywildcat
    wakeywildcat Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Anything that has wings! aggghhh (apart from planes)
  • rpphillip
    rpphillip Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Strokes , not death, but being paralyze, having my mind but not being able to move or talk. that would be hell on earth.:frown:
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I am deathly afraid of rubber animals. I have been known to climb over the top of the isles in the store because little kids were playing with rubber snakes on both ends of the isle.
    I left my not quite 2 year old daughter in a little gift shop store one time because she picked up a rubber fish and I freaked out. Don't worry, I went to the next shop over and got my mom and she went and got my daughter. She is 18 now and not scared for life over it....LOL.

I can not walk down a toy isle alone if there are rubber animals in it. I have actually gone into full blown heart attack mode before over them. Taken to the hospital and everything. It is so retarded!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Tall women, and I don't know why. Just glad i'm 6feet tall as there's not many women around here taller than me.

Very strange.....

I am sorry but this made me lol. I had a vision of you trying to sneak through a super model convention like a ninja.
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Spiders freak me out so much. I had one fall on my steering wheel yesterday when I was parked, luckily. I got out screaming and would not get back in until some stranger helped me by killing it for me and showing me the dead spiders body.

Also a fear of midgets. Dont get me started on that.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Nothing strange here, just heights.
    Spike Miligan once said " It's not the height that gets you, it's the depth"
  • ajbeans
    Options

Very strange.....

I used to be afraid of very tall people in general. Anybody over 6 feet would have me in a mild panic if they got too close. I was once working as a sample girl in a grocery store and there was a guy working there who was so tall he could see over the freezer cases. I seriously came up to his belly button. I was terrified. :laugh:

I'm not afraid of tall people anymore. But I still married a short dude. :tongue:
  • xginanax
    xginanax Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I think my only fear is caused by a natural disaster would be Tsunami! other then that I'm all good!
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid of getting old and being shot or cut with a knife.
  • gazerofthestars
    gazerofthestars Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Meeting new people. I never know what to say to strangers or how to even begin a conversation! I always end up saying something stupid.
  • Jferg69
    Jferg69 Posts: 241 Member
    Options

Very strange.....

I am sorry but this made me lol. I had a vision of you trying to sneak through a super model convention like a ninja.

Hahaha, I like this, lol