What is your strangest fear?

Options

Replies

• kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Elevators. I will go on one if I absolutely have to. Its not just the close space that bothers me, though that freaks me out too. Its the fear that at any moment, either the power could go out and I'd be stuck there for who knows how long OR the cable could break and I'd plummet to the ground. I prefer the stairs.
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    MOTHS! Moths, moths, moths all day moths. Butterflies are just more brightly colored moths. It is a combination of the fluttery movement and powerdery wings. GROSS!

lol im completely the opposite, i love moths just because they are basically fluffy butterflies!!
    And who wouldnt love a fluffy butterfly really..
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I'm terrified of a possible home invasion or being murdered. No joke, I lock the bathroom door and pull a drawer out in the cabinet when I am in there and home alone. If I am going to die, I am not going to be snuck up on.

How rational is that?! LOL
  • Aimee_21
    Aimee_21 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I hate cotton balls, the ones to remove nail polish.. the feeling of them creeps me out
  • NefariousBunny
    Options
    hanging off the side of a cliff and not being able to pull myself up...o.O and meeting new people and trying to make "small" talk...I get all hot and sweaty and not in a good way ;) LOL
  • Aimee_21
    Aimee_21 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I hate cotton balls, the ones to remove nail polish.. the feeling of them creeps me out
  • MamaRandall
    MamaRandall Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid of having my back turned to an entrance when I'm in a building (except grocery stores, schools, or big buildings like that). When I'm at a restaurant I have to sit where I can see the front doors. When I'm at the bank, I fill out my bank slips facing the front doors. Any other building that is small, I either face the doors or will turn to watch every single person that walks through the doors.
    Nothing tragic has ever happened to me.... so I don't know why this is my fear! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I also have anxiety attacks when I'm driving on snow/ice. But those are caused by my cars constant attraction to curbs, gutters and ditches when I'm on ice :tongue:
  • TishaFischer11
    Options
    brain aneurysm
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,366 Member
    Options
    Ice cream
    I'm lactose intolerant.
  • darlalu00
    darlalu00 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid of moths and clowns they both give me the creeps!
  • lindseyb317
    lindseyb317 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    MOTHS.
    they are furry and flop around unpredictably and i had a bad experience when i was a kid..
    i have an interesting time trying to get inside my house when they are swarming around the porch light.
  • TOBUNNZYE
    Options
    I have an ongoing fear that music as we know it is going to disappear and be replaced by something thats not music any more, that we can't dance and exercise to. It will sound like robots with no beat, no tune, and just humming. The other part will be the musice of the late 1800s early 1900s - While Strolling Through the Park One Day. I feared this in the 1980s when the spandex music was out that I loved so much. It only died but good music replaced it, and good music has still been coming out. But I still fear it will happen.
  • darlalu00
    darlalu00 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid of having my back turned to an entrance when I'm in a building (except grocery stores, schools, or big buildings like that). When I'm at a restaurant I have to sit where I can see the front doors. When I'm at the bank, I fill out my bank slips facing the front doors. Any other building that is small, I either face the doors or will turn to watch every single person that walks through the doors.
    Nothing tragic has ever happened to me.... so I don't know why this is my fear! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I also have anxiety attacks when I'm driving on snow/ice. But those are caused by my cars constant attraction to curbs, gutters and ditches when I'm on ice :tongue:

My boyfriend has the same thing about having his back to the door...I always thought it was just him, but I guess not! Good to now he's not the only one!
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    when the roller coaster starts climbing up a really steep incline and you know the only way down is a huge drop
    the first thing that comes to mind
    "aw **** why am i here?"
  • jrcox520
    jrcox520 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm terrified of a possible home invasion or being murdered. No joke, I lock the bathroom door and pull a drawer out in the cabinet when I am in there and home alone. If I am going to die, I am not going to be snuck up on.

Yep, me too.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid of cockroaches, scorpions, tarantulas, and centipedes. Anything with a bunch of legs that moves way too fast and or anything that has a venomous bite! If I see roaches in someones house chances are I will run out the door.

On the flip side, I love eating those crustaceans. Gimme lobster and shrimp any day. i do get grossed out when I see their legs though, it makes me think of them as roaches of the sea!
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of people are afraid of murky water but I am for a specific reason. I am afraid of dead bodies hidden in the murky water. I freak out thinking my toes will brush against the head of someone's skeletonized skull. A couple of times in the last several years when we experienced severe droughts and the lakes dry up they have found people who apparently drove their cars into the water and have been missing for years. So maybe it's not so irrational.
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Butterflies. They freak me the hell out.

Actually when i was on holiday in turkey i was bit by a large butterfly..
    It landed on my hand, and then its like straw nose thing bit me.
    And then i was bleeding all down my hand, maybe it stabbed me with its noise..
    Or maybe it wasnt a butterfly lol...
    So im a bit freaked by the massive ones.. But in fairness this ones face was like the size of my thumb nail.
    But the normal little ones i just think are cute.
  • sunnybrunette126
    sunnybrunette126 Posts: 200 Member
    Options

Yep, me too.

me three! in the middle of the night no less... it's like some haunting fear of mine... creeps me out!
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    The dark and being home alone. I'm always afraid someone else is in the house and going to attack me (I have no defenses.) From living with my parents, then a dorm, I moved to a larger city to live with my boyfriend. Unfortunately he works night shift so I spend most of my nights alone. I hate it. That moment just before turning the lights on in a room or having anything hanging off the bed, I freak out.