Are you going to log Christmas day?

Options

Replies

• nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Nope, not me.

I have learned over the seven years of maintaining my weight loss that giving myself a break for a day and enjoying the good foods won't hurt me.

I just make sure to be back on track the following day. I also don't track on Thanksgivings either.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    100% yes! Just for fun really...I did log Thanksgiving and it really wasn't as bad as it could have been!
  • blueyegrl
    blueyegrl Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Well I did log Thanksgiving...all 4,000 + calories! And honestly, I'm glad I did, because I really didn't think I was that bad until I saw it all on the screen! I will most likely do the same thing for Christmas, just to keep things in perspective!
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    No, I take holidays and Sunday's off from logging.
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I will log everything (including a serious cardio burn) up until our Christmas Party that night - then enjoy myself & family until the next morning! :wink: :wink: :wink:
  • debstanley4
    debstanley4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    yes
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I think I may not. It will be the first day I haven't logged in nearly a year.

YEP! I may or may not go over My calories and nutrients, but I sure want to know what I am eating! Now some people can't stand to know that they are over-eating, but this is LIFE...Ignorance is NOT Bliss, it most likely is Deadly. I don't "Trip-Out" anymore when I over-eat when it is planned, nor if it isn't (I just ADJUST quickly, and LIVE LIFE!)
  • plzlbsbegone
    Options
    I think I am going to try and log. That way at least I have an idea of what I have done! I think I may even get up early that moring and bust in a REALLY good workout, so I have a few more calories to work with :bigsmile:
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Hardly, Im going to live a little and jump right back after again. Not the end of the world people!!!
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I'm going to log in to wish everyone a merry christmas but thats it, im not logging my calories! xxx
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I'm going to focus on my family. It's my daughter's first Christmas. If I have down time, I will, but if I don't, I won't sweat it.

^^^^ Yeah, you've got much more important stuff to be doing.. taking pictures and making memories.

Even before I started on here, I don't eat nearly as much as I used to, and now that our holidays are smaller just my parents and siblings, no extended family, cousins etc, there's a lot less food in the house, so I can't really go back for 4 plate loads.

I will try to log as best I can, but I won't get crazy about it, since most everything will be homemade... I'll just put in two servings of turkey, one serving of ham, one serving of mac and cheese... etc etc..... It may not be exact but oh well.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I will be curious to see what I eat but I'm not going to obsess if I can't get to a computer. :)
  • mags2504
    mags2504 Posts: 275
    Options
    Nae chance,hahaha
  • MissMisery1313
    Options
    Yes, I'm going to since plan to keep up my exercise and calorie counting during the holidays.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Christmas Day i will not log my food. And i will be going completely balls to the wall. Ice cream with clotted cream all over it, any liquor chocolates i want, crisps, seconds, dessert, anything and everything i want.

For one day.

Boxing day, it's back in the gym. :)
  • inuit
    inuit Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    yes i will log, but i am not weighing anything like i normally do, will estimate, but at least it will keep control over too many to bad things, good thing is i hate mince pies, christmas pudding etc, but it will be the nuts that will be my downfall. Once i hit my maintence number it will then time to start thinking i do not need another brazil nut covered in yummy dark chocolate.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,279 Member
    Options
    Yes I am... I am one of those people who has to keep a routine. So, I won't break that for one day just because it is a holiday. I already have entered my breakfast and my dinner into the system for Christmas Day. All I need is to add snacks and lunch and I am already done.

That said, I am not going to be AS strict as I usually am. I am making changes to the menu to make it healthier in spots (aka roasted green beans with garlic and parm instead of green bean casserole) but I will also enjoy dessert without feeling guilty.
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Yes. We didn't have a traditional Thanksgiving day meal and we won't be having a Christmas one either. It'll be just another day, in terms of food.
  • ellycope
    ellycope Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Yep! Parly out of curiosity but also because it'll help keep me a little bit honest and rein in excesses. I intend to either run or work out on Christmas morning to help make some room for the delicious dinner (and the chocolate that will be in my stocking!)
  • drunknpoetry
    Options
    I logged Thanksgiving. I found it really helped to see what I was eating and kept me on track. I have lost weight through the holiday season, when most people gain, so my plan is to keep on logging. If I allow myself one or two days where I don't log, then I feel like I am cheating myself.