Are you going to log Christmas day?

Options

Replies

• Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I log EVERYTHING I eat, every day because I am more serious about this than I've been about anything before.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    YES! Not going to stop doing what works. Even if I indulge, I will do so with an awareness of what I am doing. No more mindless eating for me.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I feel like if I don't I'm trying to deny something I did. Plus, I love to see when I go overboard. I logged Thanksgiving and it really wasn't even as bad. I was eyeballing my servings... I pretty much know I can't/won't eat more than a cup of mashed potatoes. Only things that go high for me are booze and desserts. So really, why not just log it? It's fun to see.
  • ceannesjourney
    Options
    Absolutely! And I plan to be under my calories...this is a commitment to myself and when I started I made the commitment that I was willing to do "whatever it takes". Food no longer holds the call that it used to (mostly)--I try to think about it as fuel for my body so there is less reason to be overeating--speaking for myself only here.
  • uLinx
    uLinx Posts: 148
    Options
    I think I will. I think it will help me to avoid overeating and feeling too stuffed.
  • ceannesjourney
    Options
    Yes - it's just another day in the eating category. If you are choosing to change your lifestyle which leads to weight loss, then you must develop management strategies for holidays and special days, too.

Exactly!! Nicely put!
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Couldnt sleep that night if I didnt. I may go over but if I am not 100% honest with myself then I feel like I am cheating myself and that s no bueno.
  • ceannesjourney
    Options
    I logged on Thanksgiving and will again on Christmas. I feel that my calorie allowance is enough to enjoy the holiday without being gluttonous. I am going to be conscious of my intake and try to stay in control =)

Very good idea!
  • jsjaclark
    Options
    Probably won't log beginning on the 24th (as we are celebrating Christmas a day early with family) and then won't log for a week cause I'm going to Disney World :)
  • krist3ng
    krist3ng Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I am going to, just not gonna worry about it much. If I go over, that's fine.
    I can't NOT log a day, it'll ruin my "logged in for x days" notification. AND THAT WOULD MAKE ME SAD. Besides, I know I'll make better decisions if I hold myself accountable, and even on Christmas I'd like to make good decisions.
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I wasn't going to.........but am tempted to change my mind. If I'm good for a few days either side, then a couple of days over shouldn't matter........(says she who's just eaten over 1,000 cals of banana chips for lunch and has a party to attend tonight..... :blushing: )

Sue :smile: x
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much at my goal weight (2 lbs away), so probably not, since that day I won't be cooking and it won't be that easy to calculate (hosting Christmas Eve, but am not worrying about that either). I never was one to binge eat on holidays though, so I'm not going to stress over it. One or two bad days isn't going to ruin all the hard work. Sometimes a calorie spike actually helps your body kick into gear if you're stalling out (as long as you don't go crazy and eat everything in site).
  • Amanda0325
    Amanda0325 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    *kitten* no lol
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Nope. I'm going to eat what I want and I don't care what the calories are.
  • newkris2011
    Options
    Yes
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I never log on planned cheat days. And this Christmas will be the cheat day to shame all other cheat days into submission...
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I probably will. Maybe. I'll be at home, so I don't see why not.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    It's just another day, like any other. I'll be logging, unless I'm too lazy, which happens occasionally. Lol
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    NO WAY! :laugh:
  • DoubleE615312
    DoubleE615312 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I logged on Thanksgiving day with quick calories of 2000. Probably will do the same with Christmas.