Summer 2009 WILL Be Different Challenge!

Options

Replies

• WantToBeMoreActive
    Options
    I just calculated my % weight lost so far, 7 % since January, yeah me :bigsmile:
  • blueyed_blond
    blueyed_blond Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Terrible day at work. Thankfully its over.

i'm okay with calories today. i quit half way through my workout because my heart just wasn't in it....at least i did half. better than nothing i suppose.

good luck tomorrow everyone!

:flowerforyou:

31345.png
    [/url]
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I started watching the neighbors 2 year old son today. Omigod! I'm just trying to do a favor for them (they are having money problems) yet this kid is horrible! I have 3 kids which of 2 are in school. He bites, screams spits food on the ground. Even my husband is going crazy already (he works nights). I don't know if I should say something to his parents or what but there's no way I can do this everyday. Please help!!! I have no idea what to do!!!

...you have got to say something to the parents. i know they maybe your friends, but you can address the issue in a non-confrontational way. see what theya re doing at the house when they are with the child and then suggest some things. as someone who is with the current youth of America, proper discipine at home is important, not just for behavior, but for overall success. good luck with this. keep us updated! :smile:

Alright so the rest of the day went even worse. I had to go to target...he took off running and then started chewing on singles of string cheese (with the wrapper on). Then, he broke one of my sons telescope which just tore my son to pieces. I even tried time out today on a chair and he took and spit in my face. Crazy crazy kid. When the nana picked him up (an hour late) I let her know what was going on and she told me that maybe I needed babysitter training. I let her know that I have three kids whp are respectful and angels compared to this kid. Overall it didn't go well. I'm planning on talking with his parents when they get home this evening. We'll see how it goes.
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies I have been really sick the past week and I didn't have the energy to move. Hopefully my lack of appetite did me good. I'm gonna have a last chance workout tonight. Wish me luck.

Good luck too all!
  • whatabelighter
    Options
    I had a bad day yesturday...went over my total calorie intake by 600 or so....was going to do exercises at home..but I fell alseep on the kitchen table while helping my daughter with her homework (I felt sooo bad) I had no energy whatsoever.....I have to make it to the gym tonight before the weigh in....:sad: :sad: :sad: Kick boxing is cancelled for the next couple of weeks :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • xbonbonx
    xbonbonx Posts: 170
    Options
    This is a good idea!

I am never fit (or more fit) for summer. I'm always late to lose weight for it too, for example- it's usually about mid May before I realize I should have tried losing some weight... this summer WILL be different for me :happy: I'm actually looking forward to it. hopefully it'll be cooler too, without extra poundage, lol.
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I just calculated my % weight lost so far, 7 % since January, yeah me :bigsmile:

this may sound stupid but im horrible with math how do you figure % loss?

Check in- 143.2

i did gain from last week however i think its water weight since being sick the doc told me not to drink alot of fluids so defiently have not been hitting the water..

I have been getting compliments from people saying that i look good and that i look like i lost weight. My hubby said see im not the only one who sees it.:smile:

For some reason as i loose the weight i still see the same body i saw before so its like maybe i need to loose more then my goal. Does anyone else feel this way?
  • kfeuvrel
    kfeuvrel Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Happy, Happy, Happiness - please celebrate with me!!! I got on the scale this morning - 166 lbs!!!! I'm still in shock. After last week of only losing 0.5 lbs, and the despair, and cheering myself on with the knowledge of the two inches lost around my waist. To come in today and be 11 pounds lighter????

Thank you, thank you, thank you MFP, and REALTA, and everyone in this thread whose good days and bad days help me feel like I'm not the only one in the world who has issues with work/life/home/exercise balance.

I can't wait to read about everyone else's progress.

Thanks again,
    Kathryn
  • blueyed_blond
    Options
    start weight: 157.6
    last weigh-in: 156.4
    current weight: 155.6

SOOOO down 0.8 lbs :happy:

I didn't think that was going to happen at all! wooohoooooo

also did my measurements and I'm down an inch in my waist :smile:

31345.png

Summer 2009 WILL Be Different!
    [/url]
  • phetzgetfit
    Options
    way to go KF. That's inspiring.

no good news on the scale for me today. up a pound. but i'm not changing my ticker cause it's going away!!! I ate with friends last night after yoga and it was kind of late. i'm hoping it's temporary weight gain on the scale that I'm seeing. I want to go the other way!

Good luck to everyone.
  • blueyed_blond
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Happy, Happy, Happiness - please celebrate with me!!! I got on the scale this morning - 166 lbs!!!! I'm still in shock. After last week of only losing 0.5 lbs, and the despair, and cheering myself on with the knowledge of the two inches lost around my waist. To come in today and be 11 pounds lighter????

Thank you, thank you, thank you MFP, and REALTA, and everyone in this thread whose good days and bad days help me feel like I'm not the only one in the world who has issues with work/life/home/exercise balance.

I can't wait to read about everyone else's progress.

Thanks again,
    Kathryn

11 lbs????? WOW Congrats! Did you do anything different this week to achieve that?

31345.png

Summer 2009 WILL Be Different!

[/url]
  • mehapp
    mehapp Posts: 132
    Options
    Congratulations to All! :happy:

All we have to do is keep up our good work!

check in:
    2/26 192
    3/5 190
    3/12 190
    3/19 189
    3/26 187

:bigsmile: <
    me looking forward to a very different summer!
  • WantToBeMoreActive
    Options

this may sound stupid but im horrible with math how do you figure % loss?

No worries. It actually took me awile to figure it out myself :laugh:
    Take the amount of weight lost so far (for me 12 lbs), divide this by your starting weight (170 lbs for me)
    Take that # and multiply by 100 to get a percent. So for me it was 0.0705 x 100 = 7.05%

For this week's check in I'm down another pound :bigsmile: so I'm at 158 now. :wink:
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    wk 0 - 177
    wk 1 - 176
    wk 2 - 174.8
    wk 3 - 174.2
    wk 4 - 173

:bigsmile: so, its leveling out at about 1 pound a week, so i think i can live with that :drinker:

how did you all get on this week, i had a so so week, i could have been a lot more active :blushing:

congrats to everyone who lost, well done! :drinker:

for the rest of us, lets stick with it, today is a new day filled with lots of possiblities, lets do this!

ps will post challenges later on when everyone has weighed in :wink:
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Even after all my stress this past week I have lost weight! Didn't hit the 150's which is a bummer but I'm almost there. :bigsmile: Congrats to everyone on doing so much better this week. Realta-I would take a pound a week, that's great!

And did I read 11 pounds?!? I want to know what you're doing!!!

Start 163
    wk 1 162.6
    wk 2 161.2
    wk 3 161
    wk 4 160
  • jeweljeans
    jeweljeans Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    wk 2 - 158
    wk 3 - skipped
    wk 4 - 157?!

..I need to kick it up a notch... but I did lose an inch of my waist since starting.. so doing good there!
  • kirstina_23
    Options
    thank you!

7.79% loss

I just wanted to share where i am in measurment loss in some areas im doing really well.

SD-10/08 Now
    Neck 12.5 12
    waist 30.5 29.5
    Hips 40 36
    arm 13 11
    thigh 21.5 18.5
    butt 40 38.5

i started my journey in oct and i commited self for awhile then got sick and then better then sick again so these results for me are good considering. Im posting so that in the end when summer comes i can repost against this and i can really see the changes and the achivement i made!
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    SW 186
    CW 177

I'm almost already at my april 31 goal of 175. That feels good!

Good luck to all and congrats.
  • kirstina_23
    Options
    wow thats great keep up the good work!
  • kfeuvrel
    kfeuvrel Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking coffee in the morning. Completely. Everything else stayed the same as the week before - gym every weekday for 60 minutes doing 500-700 calories of exercise, staying at or around 1400 calories a day, 2L of water a day. I am as shocked as you are.

wk 1 - 183
    wk 2 - 178
    wk 3 - 177.5 (are you %&^#@ kidding me?)
    wk 4 - 166

I have no idea what to project for the weeks ahead...which I guess is a good problem to have?

I'm still singing, and I can't stop smiling. This is the first time I have ever, ever, ever lost any weight (but a few pounds here or there) and stayed motivated with it for this long.

GO MFP! and GO ME!