Summer 2009 WILL Be Different Challenge!

Options

Replies

• soon2bgaudet
    Options
    Soooo....last week i said i was up a pound and that was after i weighed myself after a schower in the morning. the next day i weighed myself first thing and i was up 2 pounds!!! grrrrr....worked out on sat, mon, and tues. didnt go yesterday because i had to get a gift for a baby shower and then go to the shower. weighed in this morning and i am back at 219. sigh....so, i went back to where i was two weekes ago. its a bit frustrating but i am not going to let it get me down! i am determined! i want 15lbs gone by the end of next month! great job to all of you guys who lost this week! keep up the good work!
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking coffee in the morning. Completely. Everything else stayed the same as the week before - gym every weekday for 60 minutes doing 500-700 calories of exercise, staying at or around 1400 calories a day, 2L of water a day. I am as shocked as you are.

wk 1 - 183
    wk 2 - 178
    wk 3 - 177.5 (are you %&^#@ kidding me?)
    wk 4 - 166

I have no idea what to project for the weeks ahead...which I guess is a good problem to have?

I'm still singing, and I can't stop smiling. This is the first time I have ever, ever, ever lost any weight (but a few pounds here or there) and stayed motivated with it for this long.

GO MFP! and GO ME!

and make sure you keep smiling all week, what a great achievement! :drinker:
  • réalta
    Options
    Soooo....last week i said i was up a pound and that was after i weighed myself after a schower in the morning. the next day i weighed myself first thing and i was up 2 pounds!!! grrrrr....worked out on sat, mon, and tues. didnt go yesterday because i had to get a gift for a baby shower and then go to the shower. weighed in this morning and i am back at 219. sigh....so, i went back to where i was two weekes ago. its a bit frustrating but i am not going to let it get me down! i am determined! i want 15lbs gone by the end of next month! great job to all of you guys who lost this week! keep up the good work!

we have all been there, last week i had a terrible week, today is a new day, get back on track and we are all here to help :heart:
  • futuremrsgaudet
    Options
    Just doing my weekly Thursday morning check in... on Thursday afternoon. Hey, whatever works, right? So last Thursday I weighed in at 247.3. Today I weighed in at 244.2! So I lost 3.1 pounds this week. I'm pumped! Losing 15 pounds by April 30 is looking realistic at this point. I've just gotta stay motivated and not slip up. Good luck to everyone else this week! :flowerforyou:
  • réalta
    Options
    well done everyone this week, we are all trying really hard to get to where we want to be! :drinker:

ok, here are some challenges this week

1. stay within your caloires every day this week, so whatever you have your calories set to, try to stay within that limit, then at the end of the week, we can report back as to how many of the 7 days we stayed on track, does this sound manageable?

2. avoid snaking or heavy foods after a certain time in the evening, i am going to limit myself to no snacks after 8pm as this is a very hard time for me, so i will read or do something else with my hands to keep me busy

3. why do something sitting down, when you can stretch and stand up and march on the spot, try to incorporate more movement into your day, even if is going upstairs at home with individual things instead of one big handful or standing up when the commercials come on when you are watching tv and doing a few stretches or jumping jacks, what ever you feel comfortable doing

by doing these challenges we can get moving more, be stricter with our calories and be healthier overall :drinker:

good luck this week everyone and remember today is a new day and the start of a new week, forget about the what ifs and maybes last week, make them i WILL this week :flowerforyou:

Summer 09 WILL be different! :heart:
  • réalta
    Options
    Just doing my weekly Thursday morning check in... on Thursday afternoon. Hey, whatever works, right? So last Thursday I weighed in at 247.3. Today I weighed in at 244.2! So I lost 3.1 pounds this week. I'm pumped! Losing 15 pounds by April 30 is looking realistic at this point. I've just gotta stay motivated and not slip up. Good luck to everyone else this week! :flowerforyou:

fantastic weight loss, well done! :drinker:
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    well done everyone this week, we are all trying really hard to get to where we want to be! :drinker:

ok, here are some challenges this week

1. stay within your caloires every day this week, so whatever you have your calories set to, try to stay within that limit, then at the end of the week, we can report back as to how many of the 7 days we stayed on track, does this sound manageable?

2. avoid snaking or heavy foods after a certain time in the evening, i am going to limit myself to no snacks after 8pm as this is a very hard time for me, so i will read or do something else with my hands to keep me busy

3. why do something sitting down, when you can stretch and stand up and march on the spot, try to incorporate more movement into your day, even if is going upstairs at home with individual things instead of one big handful or standing up when the commercials come on when you are watching tv and doing a few stretches or jumping jacks, what ever you feel comfortable doing

by doing these challenges we can get moving more, be stricter with our calories and be healthier overall :drinker:

good luck this week everyone and remember today is a new day and the start of a new week, forget about the what ifs and maybes last week, make them i WILL this week :flowerforyou:

Summer 09 WILL be different! :heart:

I love the challenges for this week! The late night snacking...uh oh!!
  • l_mahloy
    l_mahloy Posts: 118
    Options
    Hi,
    I lost one pound this week and am happy with that it has been a very stressful time my mom was in the hospital for 10 days and I only ate bad a couple of times and got most of my cardio in so I am happy. I did remeasure this morning and was shocked that since I started working out and trying to eat better I have lost 5 inches 3 in my waist:laugh: ::laugh: :laugh: Great job on the 11 lb weight loss :flowerforyou: Well I have been cooking all day trying to get a lot of meals prepared for my parents. My dad is 84 and has never cooked so I am preparring healthy food he can just microwave for them. Keep up the good work everyone:happy:
  • yeahbuddy
    yeahbuddy Posts: 409
    Options
    .2 pounds lost for me. Although not very much, I'm still happy about it.
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I weighed in at 177.2 this morning. Sorry I didn't get to post it sooner!! I hope everyone has done good.
  • smithiekat
    smithiekat Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    SW: 164
    3/5/09: 162
    3/12/09: 160.5
    3/19/09: 160.5
    3/26/09: 160.5

Oh man this is getting frustrating!!!!

Congrats to everyone who is losing weight! I'm just hoping this plateau is me gaining muscle and losing fat simultaneously cuz the inner tube that i smuggle is certainly shrinking.
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Start Weight 136
    3/1/09 136
    3/5/09 135.5
    3/12/09 136
    3/19/09 136
    3/26/09 135

Down 1 pound!
  • xbonbonx
    xbonbonx Posts: 170
    Options
    Is it okay if I join? I know this challenge started like a month ago or something.
  • whatabelighter
    Options
    Good job everyone!

I lost 1.6 pounds, this week. I previous knee injury is acting up...went to the gym last night and certain leg strenght training hurt more..so I reduced that weights and did more reps instead..
  • réalta
    Options
    Is it okay if I join? I know this challenge started like a month ago or something.

welcome to the challenge! good luck with your weight loss, weigh in is next thursday :flowerforyou:
  • kfeuvrel
    kfeuvrel Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Realta -

On challenge #1 - which calorie level are you refering too? My desk job status puts me a 1300 calories - so do I stay at that, or do I stay at 1300 + exercise calories?

The reason I ask is that I can never seem to get my calories down to 1300, but I always manage to stay within 1300+exercise calories. So it's either not much of a challenge - because I do it every day anyway, or a grueling challenge.

Also, I have embarrassing news. The 11 pounds was a scale mistake. I know, argh! I weigh myself on a big dr. office type scale - and the 150 lb weight was cockeyed, and not seated properly. Yesterday afternoon, I was walking by it and noticed it was crooked and started getting paranoid. So I weighed myself this morning and I'm 175. Which I am actually much happier with, because it makes more sense.

wk 1 183
    wk 2 178
    wk 3 177.5
    wk 4 175

I'm okay with slow and steady.

Have a great weekend everyone!
    Kathryn
  • jeweljeans
    jeweljeans Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Realta -

On challenge #1 - which calorie level are you refering too? My desk job status puts me a 1300 calories - so do I stay at that, or do I stay at 1300 + exercise calories?

The reason I ask is that I can never seem to get my calories down to 1300, but I always manage to stay within 1300+exercise calories. So it's either not much of a challenge - because I do it every day anyway, or a grueling challenge.

Also, I have embarrassing news. The 11 pounds was a scale mistake. I know, argh! I weigh myself on a big dr. office type scale - and the 150 lb weight was cockeyed, and not seated properly. Yesterday afternoon, I was walking by it and noticed it was crooked and started getting paranoid. So I weighed myself this morning and I'm 175. Which I am actually much happier with, because it makes more sense.

wk 1 183
    wk 2 178
    wk 3 177.5
    wk 4 175

I'm okay with slow and steady.

Have a great weekend everyone!
    Kathryn

That's great! 8 lbs! ....

...I'm only down 1 lb... but lost an inch off my waist... so I'll take it. :) Good job!
  • WantToBeMoreActive
    Options
    So I was inspired by phetzgetfit's yoga challenge and rembered how great yoga makes me feel :heart:

I thought I'd get back into it and since it's been 5 weeks since my ski accident and my knee, although not totally healed, should be able to handle it. :smile:

That was yesterday, the pain in my knee woke me up this morning and I actually got up and took ibuprofen and put ice on it (ok frozen peas). :frown:

Luckily I had a physio appointment today and was told it should ease up tomorrow. :bigsmile:

I can't wait for my knee to be fully healed :happy: and in the meantime I guess I have to put up with some pain as I get back to normal activity. :grumble:
  • belldandy1
    belldandy1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this group. I know I am starting pretty late, though. I always tend to get depressed during summer. I live in Georgia so summer is insanely hot and humid, but I still wear jeans and three quarter length sleeves during the summer. This summer I would love it to be tank tops, shorts, skirts and sun dresses instead. I also have some special events this summer that I want to look my best for. My birthday is on June 4th. According to MFP, I should weigh 160.6 by then. I moved about an hour and a half away from my home town and have not seen most of my months. I may actually have time to take a trip to my home town around July 4 (during my break from school). I should weigh around 154.20 by then. I would love to shock everybody with how great I look. Finally, the big deal, my best friends wedding. I want to look awesome in my maid-of-honor dress. I should weigh 149.4 by then.

I know these are not exact figures, since this is based on the projected weight loss of MFP and I may well stray a little from the plan every now and then (at special events and such). I think that I finally have the motivation to pull this off. Plus I am being more realistic about this that I have been in the past. I am adding one element at a time as to not overwhelm myself. Right now I am only dieting, I will add exercise cardio in the next couple of weeks, and continue to add intensity to that. I will then add strength training.

Starting weight 175.

174868.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this group. I know I am starting pretty late, though. I always tend to get depressed during summer. I live in Georgia so summer is insanely hot and humid, but I still wear jeans and three quarter length sleeves during the summer. This summer I would love it to be tank tops, shorts, skirts and sun dresses instead. I also have some special events this summer that I want to look my best for. My birthday is on June 4th. According to MFP, I should weigh 160.6 by then. I moved about an hour and a half away from my home town and have not seen most of my months. I may actually have time to take a trip to my home town around July 4 (during my break from school). I should weigh around 154.20 by then. I would love to shock everybody with how great I look. Finally, the big deal, my best friends wedding. I want to look awesome in my maid-of-honor dress. I should weigh 149.4 by then.

I know these are not exact figures, since this is based on the projected weight loss of MFP and I may well stray a little from the plan every now and then (at special events and such). I think that I finally have the motivation to pull this off. Plus I am being more realistic about this that I have been in the past. I am adding one element at a time as to not overwhelm myself. Right now I am only dieting, I will add exercise cardio in the next couple of weeks, and continue to add intensity to that. I will then add strength training.

Starting weight 175.

174868.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Welcome :flowerforyou: We are all here to support each other so don't forget that! Just take it one day at a time. :drinker: