whats the craziest request a customer has given you?

Options
Learnin2LuvMe
Learnin2LuvMe Posts: 465 Member
I was listening to this on the radio today,where a lady went in to starbucks and asked if they can pour in only 1/8 of a splenda packet into her coffee,she wanted the exact measurement,i thought this was silly of course.i had a friend tell me when she worked at a fast food place,someone came and placed an order for a cheeseburger with no cheese! Tell me some of yours:)
Remember customer is always right,lol!

Replies

• karhaz123
    Options
    A customer at my work wanted her 2 slices of bacon that she got from me (I'm a butcher) cut up into little tiny squares and then she wanted the little squares wrapped induvidually. Apparantly for her fish food, so she could freeze it. All I can say is she really should have done that herself! haha and all the time customers want exact weight like they say I want a pound of ground beef and I say is 1.01 okay? and its a NOOOO!! haha People can be crazy for sure. (:
  • SaltyPlusSweet
    Options
    Hahah 1/8 omg xD I'd give here a packet and tell her to measure it herself! I bet you can't even taste that 1/8 lol I'd just be like okay.... and not do it, Hahaa im horrible.

Anyways I work as a waitress at IHOP and we have meals called "Simple and Fit" well a lady got the Blue Berry Harvest Grain breakfast plate which comes with egg substitute. She asks for the pancakes to be regular buttermilk and for the eggs to be real eggs. Im like o_o so much for "simple and fit". hahahaa
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Options
    A customer at my work wanted her 2 slices of bacon that she got from me (I'm a butcher) cut up into little tiny squares and then she wanted the little squares wrapped induvidually. Apparantly for her fish food, so she could freeze it. All I can say is she really should have done that herself! haha and all the time customers want exact weight like they say I want a pound of ground beef and I say is 1.01 okay? and its a NOOOO!! haha People can be crazy for sure. (:
    Lol..you must have alot of patience!
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Options
    Hahah 1/8 omg xD I'd give here a packet and tell her to measure it herself! I bet you can't even taste that 1/8 lol I'd just be like okay.... and not do it, Hahaa im horrible.

Anyways I work as a waitress at IHOP and we have meals called "Simple and Fit" well a lady got the Blue Berry Harvest Grain breakfast plate which comes with egg substitute. She asks for the pancakes to be regular buttermilk and for the eggs to be real eggs. Im like o_o so much for "simple and fit". hahahaa
    Haha,right!
  • jordanlell
    jordanlell Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I work for a small, independent coffee shop and nothing comes to mind as far as "crazy" requests, but there are a few things that just drive me up the wall, such as ordering a 20oz cappuccino and complaining that there's too much foam! I get that not everyone can be a coffee expert, but if you're not sure what the drink is, please ask! Or when someone orders a drink off the Starbucks menu. It's kind of like walking into a burger joint and ordering a Big Mac, not to mention that many of their drinks are inaccurately named. Like a Caramel Macchiato is nowhere near what a real, true macchiato is. I hate having to clarify with a customer every time a macchiato is ordered that they want the Starbucks drink and not a REAL macchiato. Ugh. And the other day I had someone order a "blended mocha latte frappuccino." That's like three different drinks in one request.

Sorry, I don't mean to sound like a coffee snob, I've just been working there for like four years and I have a lot of work peeves. And I can't tell THEM.
  • jecka31
    jecka31 Posts: 284
    Options
    As a kid in high school I worked at McD's to earn extra money. I would laugh every time someone would order a double quarter pounder with cheese, supersized and then request a diet coke. I guess the diet coke made them feel a little better about eating a days worth of calories in one meal??

I was a bartender in college and I had a regular customer that would want a jack and coke with three ice cubes and two napkins every time. Can't complain because he would tip me $5 every order (could easily make $50 bucks off him alone in a night!).
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    To come over to her house for drinks. I was like 18; she was in her 30's.

And, no, I chickened out.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Cheeseburger without cheese is common one. Apparently people don't know the word "hamburger."
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    As a kid in high school I worked at McD's to earn extra money. I would laugh every time someone would order a double quarter pounder with cheese, supersized and then request a diet coke. I guess the diet coke made them feel a little better about eating a days worth of calories in one meal??

I was a bartender in college and I had a regular customer that would want a jack and coke with three ice cubes and two napkins every time. Can't complain because he would tip me $5 every order (could easily make $50 bucks off him alone in a night!).

I always get diet coke (or Pepsi) even before MFP or trying to lose weight. I like the taste of diet better than regular. Just my opinion.
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I have received some idiotic, lame brained inquiries.
    Once I was selling a property, and the owner insisted on placing arrow signs all over town pointing the way to the property, then wanted balloons on the signs.

What next? A topless stripper grinding an organ while a monkey danced?

I fired her on the spot!
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Told us to come out and fix the equipment his cat pissed on, at midnight, or he would kill us.

Boss sent someone out to do it.

What. The. **!*@!.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I used to work at an adult bookstore and some guy thought our "devices" were not big enough.....I offered to sell him a traffic cone
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options

The diet coke thing would be me.... say I was going to have a cheat day or whatever and ordered a big mac and a big ole fry I would still get a diet coke simply because I cant drink regular coke.... However, I do see the humor in it. That person who has the ice cube thing sounds a bit ocd to me. Prob the same person who washes their hands 100 times a day and gets up in the middle of the night to check the oven!
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options

I always ask for a Malibu and Coke in a tall glass with four pieces of ice and a long straw. I don't complain if I don't get it, but it's funny to me.... Most people have a chuckle by the end of the night and I find it's a way to make friends!!
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I used to work at an adult bookstore and some guy thought our "devices" were not big enough.....I offered to sell him a traffic cone

hahahahahhahahaha this is toooo effin funny!
  • heresmyinsidevoice
    heresmyinsidevoice Posts: 311 Member
    Options

HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!
  • moriaht
    moriaht Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    When I was a server we had an old man come in and order a cup of water with 3 ice cubes and a bowl of soup with extra pack of crackers and a round soup spoon. We only had one spoon in the entire place round enough for him. He was a weird one...
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    My husband worked at a timeshare and was asked to get rid of all the bugs...OUTSIDE. And no it was not a joke. Lady was 100% mad there were bugs out on their patio.
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Options
    Lol,too funny! I do the diet coke thing too!
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    worked in a chrysler service centre, a girl wanted to know if she would leave her mentally challenged brother in the backseat while the technician worked on her car