whats the craziest request a customer has given you?

Options

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    when i worked at maccas someone asked for a soft serve wrapped in bacon /:
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I'm a hairdresser, and my favorite request was when some guy came in (he was just all around obnoxious) and asked for a "horseshoe" but not a "forward horseshoe, a backward horseshoe" WHAT!?!? apparently he wanted a flat top but he wanted it TO THE SKIN in the middle of his head (if you were unaware your head is higher on the top than it is on the sides) so he essentially wanted me to shave a bald spot in the middle of his head.

He never told me what he wanted it to look like, instead he told me how to hold the clippers, how to hold the comb, at what angle to cut the hair, etc. but i had NO CLUE what he was talking about so I had the manager take over the cut because this was getting ridiculous. Finally I look over and the customer has her clippers and is cutting his own hair, and he messes it up and demands that she fix it! It was just all around a great experience.

The funniest part is he kept going on an on about "this is how 50,000 marines get their hair cut every week" but he worked at Food Lion, and it's not 1984. My husband works on a marine base and none of them wear flat tops. haha
  • Katzilla82
    Options
    I'm a stylist and had a client ask me to shave his nose hairs!! Hell to the no!!!
  • Sallycinnimon
    Sallycinnimon Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Customer had a coupon for a 12 pack of Swiss Miss K-cups. The machine rejected it so I asked if she had purchased the item and if she would mind showing it to me. She said she remembered getting it because it was in a blue box, so she dug it out for me. I explained to her that she purchased the regular mix and the coupon was for K-cups, the fancy coffee maker kind. Quote: "Well can I still use it because it's a 12 pack?"

I get this crap all the time! So annoying. And an even bigger pet peeve for me is that people don't read the signs and act like its your fault when they got the wrong thing.
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    When I worked at Tim Horton's, I had two regulars who I dreaded everyday.

First woman would come through the drive through and order a triple-toasted sesame bagel with bacon on it and extra butter. No joke. If the bagel wasn't completely charred black, she would come back through and complain to us that we were all lazy and needed to take more pride in our work and make us do it again.

The other woman came through everyday and ordered a small "mocha". We make mochas at Timmy Ho's by doing 50% coffee and 50% hot cholate (from a machine). Except that she wanted the cup filled over halfway with cream, more coffee than hot chocolate, and with a packet of splenda, a stirring stick, and HEAVEN FORBID if we put a sleeve on her cup. She never even let us put in the slenda because she said we did it wrong. And everyday she would take a sip, mix in the splenda, sip again, all while at the window. Over half the time she gave it back and told us to do it again.

I remember one day we had a new person working who didn't know the woman's order. The new girl handed her two packets of splenda and put a sleeve on her cup. The woman literally threw the sleeve and the extra Splenda back through the window at the girl and snarled, "I don't need this, did I ask for this?!"

Gawd.
  • CrazyDaisysMommy
    Options
    I used to wait tables in a fine dining restaurant with a prix fixe menu, and the chef always had a vegetarian option for each course. One night a couple called for a reservation and said they were vegan, so the chef made a special vegan menu just for them. The chef was a true artist, and it was very accomodating for him to make something special for two of his guests on top of the rest of the menu for the night. They came in and decided they wanted to pick and choose from all of the other dishes on the menu instead. Again this wasn't an ala carte restuarant, but the chef was very accomodating. For each course, they would send me running back to the kitchen to make special requests on how things should be prepared, including things that weren't even on the menu! When we came to the dessert course, I told them that the pastry chef had created a vegan selection just for them. It was really a beautiful dish. They said that was very nice but they would prefer to have the creme brulee. I was stunned, and thought maybe they didn't know that creme brulee had eggs and dairy? Oh they knew. They weren't vegans. They were just jerks. And bad tippers.
  • stylistchik
    Options
    I'm a stylist and had a client ask me to shave his nose hairs!! Hell to the no!!!

I had a lady try to convince me to wax her nose hairs! I tried to explain that it's a completely different process and we don't offer that service
  • perdie7
    perdie7 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I made a request at McDonald's that I guess was out of line. I had a coupon for buy one "large" sandwich get one free. my husband got a "large" sandwich, i just wanted a cheeseburger, they wouldn't give it to me because it had to be a "large" sandwich....I tried to explain that the cheeseburger was cheaper than a large, so it would save them money...nope, wouldn't do it....so I got a large sandwich at 3x the price of cheeseburger for free, and only ate 1/2 of it.
  • stylistchik
    Options
    We also had a lady who would come through our coffee shop drive thru and get a large (20 oz) breve (latte made with steamed half and half) with two shots (10 pumps) of white chocolate sauce, extra whipped cream and a cinnamon roll. I calculated it out one day and her drink alone was over 1,000 calories! :noway: It just made me want to cry because this woman's stomach rested on her steering wheel in her car. :sad: She was very nice but I just wanted to scream every time I made that drink. if she ordered a regular white mocha I bet she could have lost 100 lbs!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Cheeseburger without cheese is common one. Apparently people don't know the word "hamburger."

My son worked at McDonald's and he said they do this so the hamburger is hot. Special orders are made as you order them.

All MCD in australia gets made as ordered and has been for about 5 years or so now.
  • stylistchik
    Options
    Not really a request, but I once worked in a quilt shop as a fabric cutter, and a guy came into the store. He had a cart full of fabric to cut, so I started on his order. About halfway in, he asked me if this is my "dream" job, and I said, thinking he was making some casual conversation, "No, I'm doing a B.S. in math and want to go to grad school for science (hadn't decided on which yet)." He responds, "You know dinosaurs were put here to confuse us right?" I had no answer... I had no words...

This reminds me of another one! (I have oodles!) I had a regular client who had 6 children and was very religious. It was around this time of year and the people next to us were talking about the moment they found out santa wasn't real. My client told me his family doesn't do santa claus, they tell their children it's made up and christmas is about Jesus (that's fine). THEN he goes on to tell me about how unicorns and dragons are real and did exist billions of years ago. :laugh:
  • KaitKaz
    KaitKaz Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    A poutine... but instead of fries... they wanted onion rings.

Poo-Rings!! I'm guilty of doing this once or twice.

Onion rings, gravy and cheese...... best morning after food ever.... just sayin'! :drinker:
  • Snakey74
    Snakey74 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I work in Ophthalmology, and we always have people who come in that obviously read their Wikipedia that day, because they try to use as many 50 cent words as they can. I had one guy in particular that came in and commented on everything I did to him.
    "Is that measuring my corneal thickness?"
    "When do you check my visual acuity?"
    "My inner canthus has been irritated. I think I have blepharitis."
    "I believe the discomfort on the medial margin of my left eye is exacerbated by the fact that I may have chronic dry eye, or perhaps I just have lagophthalmus."

*blink*

I've been doing this for over 10 years now and the doctors don't even communicate to me like that.

When I told him I was going to check his eye pressure, he waited until after I was done and then corrected me: "Did you mean my intraocular pressure? What was it?"
    Still smiling, I told him it was 14 both eyes.
    Without missing a beat, Mr. Smartypants then asked me if that was measured in psi.

:noway:

I calmly replied, "No sir, it's not measured in psi. Your eyeball is not a tire."
    Durrrr.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I understand you may have a SLIGHT allergy, but sayin you're allergic just cause you don't want something in your food isnt' the best way to go about it. Some people actually are, and can't have things in contact with that.
    I took her to the ER when she broke her wrist. She had her bracelet on and a neon yellow hospital bracelet listing a codeine allergy. The doctor prescribed codeine. I pointed out she's allergic to codeine and was told a little tummy upset should not stop her from taking pain meds. HELLO??? Not "tummy upset" Respitory problems.

To humor me, she changed the prescription to another opiate medicine. I said no and was told I can not reule out an entire class of medicine because of a reaction to one. The hell I can't! People with penicillian allergies do it all the time.

When I've had to take antibiotics in the past even remotely related to the one to which I am SEVERELY allergic, the doctors have made me take them right then and there so that they could be sure I wasn't going to have a reaction. That doctor is an idiot and an *kitten*. Of course, that's not entirely surprising. I've frequently had to tell medical professionals how to spell the particular drug I'm allergic to.

I mean, seriously, I expect doctors to bargain with me when it's something like Percocet that makes me slightly nauseous, not something that I've known could KILL ME since I was 5 years old.
  • mmcorner
    mmcorner Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My craziest has been ordering a pineapple fried rice sans the pineapple. I like the Thai preparation, having flavours of curry powder, cashews, chicken and shrimp, but not the pineapple. Always find it amusing myself when ordering. In one place my server mentioned that the fried rice gets served in a pineapple shell. I told them it should be fine, but just make sure there are no pineapple chunks in my pineapple fried rice :-)
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I'm a graphic designer and worked for about 10 years at newspapers where there are tons of ads coming through and a high turn over expected. As such, we were not allowed to find pieces of art and the sales reps were required to pick out which pieces were to be used and layout, etc. One sales rep had a new car dealership as her account and brought me in stock images of vehicles for a huge 4th of July sale. Two of the images showed trucks in a 3/4 position but from the tailgate forward. She asked me if I could 'turn' the picture around so we could see the front of the trucks.

Um, no.......
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    About 10 years ago I worked at a bar and grill and I used to get this guys about once a week for lunch. He was very obese and he would order a cobb salad, but he would ask for us to omit 2 of the vegetables and substitute extra cheese and extra bacon. he asked for extra ranch dressing and the first time I waited on him i brought out an extra 2oz portion of dressing. He was very nice, but asked me that instead of bringing him small portions of dressing, could I please bring him a soup cup of ranch dressing-that's 8oz!!! The salad looked like ranch soup with a couple of veggies and a load of meat and cheese floating in it. To drink? diet Pepsi....
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I'm a graphic designer and worked for about 10 years at newspapers where there are tons of ads coming through and a high turn over expected. As such, we were not allowed to find pieces of art and the sales reps were required to pick out which pieces were to be used and layout, etc. One sales rep had a new car dealership as her account and brought me in stock images of vehicles for a huge 4th of July sale. Two of the images showed trucks in a 3/4 position but from the tailgate forward. She asked me if I could 'turn' the picture around so we could see the front of the trucks.

Um, no.......

LOL. Superior logic fail, right there.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I work for a small, independent coffee shop and nothing comes to mind as far as "crazy" requests, but there are a few things that just drive me up the wall, such as ordering a 20oz cappuccino and complaining that there's too much foam! I get that not everyone can be a coffee expert, but if you're not sure what the drink is, please ask! Or when someone orders a drink off the Starbucks menu. It's kind of like walking into a burger joint and ordering a Big Mac, not to mention that many of their drinks are inaccurately named. Like a Caramel Macchiato is nowhere near what a real, true macchiato is. I hate having to clarify with a customer every time a macchiato is ordered that they want the Starbucks drink and not a REAL macchiato. Ugh. And the other day I had someone order a "blended mocha latte frappuccino." That's like three different drinks in one request.

Sorry, I don't mean to sound like a coffee snob, I've just been working there for like four years and I have a lot of work peeves. And I can't tell THEM.

I've ordered real macchiatos before and had the people at the shop ask if I meant a real macchiato or a Starbucks macchiato.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    i worked at a library in high school. it was in a small, rural town and was in the process of switching from the old card catalog to computer. we had a few computers for the public to use and they were always busy since most people didn't have one at home. we had a sign in sheet so we could call people when it was their turn. the one day, i had a man in a pleather cowboy hat with foam bits glued to it, go off on a tangent that the government is spying on people and that we're going to have to get barcode tattoos so they can keep tabs on us. all because i asked him to sign the sign up sheet.

i also used to work at lane bryant and we had a guy that had a thing for larger ladies. he would call our store about once a week and start out with legit questions which lead straight to the "what type of panties are you wearing?" type of questions. we would laugh about it.