whats the craziest request a customer has given you?

Options

Replies

• fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    No, the customer is not always right.

I had a dealer at one of our auctions ask if I could "go check something out in the backseat of the car' he just bought. Uhhh, nope. I laughed it off and said, "I'm sure I can get one of the guys to check it out."
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Customer had a coupon for a 12 pack of Swiss Miss K-cups. The machine rejected it so I asked if she had purchased the item and if she would mind showing it to me. She said she remembered getting it because it was in a blue box, so she dug it out for me. I explained to her that she purchased the regular mix and the coupon was for K-cups, the fancy coffee maker kind. Quote: "Well can I still use it because it's a 12 pack?"
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Learnin2LuvMe Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Wow! The nerve of some people!
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    A poutine... but instead of fries... they wanted onion rings.
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    My weird order:

When I go to Timmies for an iced coffee, I get it with half the amount of ice, skim milk instead of cream (though now I'll be getting it black).
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I'm a makeup artist, people ask me all kinds of crazy things....most recently "make me look like Angelina Jolie"
    I'm sorry.
    I forgot my wand at home.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    A hotel guest wanted his bathtub filled with cherry jell-o.
  • djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    For me it's not what, but how. I had a customer REPEATEDLY snap their fingers at me when they wanted help. I am very nice but I am sorry, but I am no ones servant.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    my friend would order cheese pizza without the cheese. we would say, just get some breadsticks and sauce, she said it didn't taste the same. wouldve been a lot cheaper to get the breadsticks.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    A hotel guest wanted his bathtub filled with cherry jell-o.

hahah wow
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I worked at the deli in wal mart for a short period of time...I had customers that refused to believe we routinely threw out the chicken that had been in there and would either "demand" we made fresh chicken, or would stand there and wait util they saw us make fresh chicken...I also had a customer that wanted her ham sliced on the smallest setting without it being shredded up...I'm like...umm....sorry but no matter how hard I try it's going to be shredded up...and then she would say, well they can do it at the local deli in the city I live in (wasn't a local person asking for this and I cant remember where she was from) so I would just say it ws the smallest setting and just put it on the setting that would make an actual slice...and she actually would say that's too thick!!! I'm like...no way...either eat it, or get shredded ham!! LOL
  • spennato
    spennato Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I used to own a restaurant and an old couple came in and ordered 2 dinners. They requested them to come out seperate. So the waitress tells me the old man was eating and the wife was watching, and then when the old man was done they requested the wifes meal. While the wife ate the husband watched......very, very odd. They also did the same for their dessert. After they finished I went to the table to ask them how their meal was, to which they replied wonderful. So I said I just have to ask, why do you two eat your food seperate? The man pulls out his teeth and say"we only have 1 set of dentures!!!" True story
  • djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I'm a makeup artist, people ask me all kinds of crazy things....most recently "make me look like Angelina Jolie"
    I'm sorry.
    I forgot my wand at home.

Wait, so I can't just go to Macys and ask a makeup artist to make me look like Kim Kardashian? Absurd!
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    I sold shoes throughout college. I have had the request to put shoes on the NASTIEST feet ever. I had to put shoes on an old lady that had no bladder control and her pants were soaked. I also had a lady who always wanted to buy 2 pair of shoes because her feet were different sizes, but she wanted a discount because she couldn't wear half the shoes she bought. I actually found another lady that had the opposite feet. I introduced the 2 ladies and they became shoe buying friends. They were happy that their shoes were not going to waste, they got great fitting shoes and they saved money.
  • ktanderson05
    ktanderson05 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    That happened where I work, which is a nationwide retail store, and our GM saw the lady do it, and he blatantly ignored her because of the way she was acting. Someone did eventually help her, but a few of them made it a point to tell her they didn't help her earlier because of the way she was acting.
  • ktanderson05
    ktanderson05 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I used to own a restaurant and an old couple came in and ordered 2 dinners. They requested them to come out seperate. So the waitress tells me the old man was eating and the wife was watching, and then when the old man was done they requested the wifes meal. While the wife ate the husband watched......very, very odd. They also did the same for their dessert. After they finished I went to the table to ask them how their meal was, to which they replied wonderful. So I said I just have to ask, why do you two eat your food seperate? The man pulls out his teeth and say"we only have 1 set of dentures!!!" True story
    OMG that is disgusting! I'm sorry but don't eat out for a year, and they could then probably afford another set of dentures. Ewww!!!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    My friend's dad went to order a pizza last week, and my friend's niece asked for a cheese pizza, and the dad said, "That's stupid. The pizza already comes with cheese."
  • Vermilla
    Vermilla Posts: 348
    Options
    I used to work at an adult bookstore and some guy thought our "devices" were not big enough.....I offered to sell him a traffic cone

LOL

When I worked at a deli years ago at my first job, this old lady would come in every few days and buy the most expensive ham and want it shaved. Anybody who knows what shaved meat is knows this takes eternity. She wanted three pounds of it every time. It took about 2 hours each order, and she'd always come back and start yelling to go faster because her tiny purse dogs were hungry. Woman...there's canned dog food in aisle 7.
  • broken_star1134
    broken_star1134 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    As a kid in high school I worked at McD's to earn extra money. I would laugh every time someone would order a double quarter pounder with cheese, supersized and then request a diet coke. I guess the diet coke made them feel a little better about eating a days worth of calories in one meal??

I was a bartender in college and I had a regular customer that would want a jack and coke with three ice cubes and two napkins every time. Can't complain because he would tip me $5 every order (could easily make $50 bucks off him alone in a night!).

Maybe that person was diabetic...No sugar=diet soda
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    As a kid in high school I worked at McD's to earn extra money. I would laugh every time someone would order a double quarter pounder with cheese, supersized and then request a diet coke. I guess the diet coke made them feel a little better about eating a days worth of calories in one meal??

I have always done this, even when I didn't give a sh.t how many calories I was consuming. Regular soda makes me nauseous.