whats the craziest request a customer has given you?

Options

Replies

• DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Not really crazy, just annoying.

We get lots of customers saying they're allergic to 'bread (gluten) or peppers...garlic, etc.' and don't want _______ in their dish

Being one of the more knowledgeable cooks there (and wherever I've worked) I proceed to inform the server that what they want STILL contains the things they say they're allergic to (usually in seasonings, sauce, fillers, or come in contact in the fryers etc)...then suddently the guest says its ok, they can still have that regardless.

I understand you may have a SLIGHT allergy, but sayin you're allergic just cause you don't want something in your food isnt' the best way to go about it. Some people actually are, and can't have things in contact with that.

It's just annoying they somehow think they're tricking us by saying they can't have something they don't want on their dish.

I also can't trust anyone else there to know all that ^ ,..and always feel its a matter of time before someone gets served a burger, just meat - no bun, or something and the customer reacts to what we season the patties/ground beef with, not realizing it isnt plain meat. That goes for the servers too, who've been there 10+ yrs.
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    When I was bar tending some guy asked me if I could please not wear a bra for the rest of the night. I did not comply with his request.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    I used to work at an adult bookstore and some guy thought our "devices" were not big enough.....I offered to sell him a traffic cone

can't...stop...laughing......tears on keyboard...omg :laugh:
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    When I was 20 an 85 year old man also asked if he could be my sugar daddy. Used words like "spoil you" & "luxury". Never seen him before. He was totally serious too.

i hope to be that feisty when i'm 85. not as creepy though.
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I worked in an electronics store with a 100% price guarantee. A lady came in for a price adjustment because her item went down $0.10. We had to handwrite all the paperwork for this. It would have taken 5 minutes of my time so I just gave her a quarter from my pocket. I saw her in line the next day trying to make someone else write the paperwork. You guessed it. I gave her another quarter!

Now McDonald's....
    San Francisco outlawed Happy Meal toys because they are making kids fat. Nope. It's the parents making kids fat. IO worked 1 day a week and there was always some indulgent parent wanting fries for their kid for breakfast. I got so tired of it. One parent complained their darling Susie wouldn't eat breakfast if she couldn't have fries. My response: I guess she's not really hungry then. Mom of the year was not impressed....
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Two words:

butter latte.

With an actual pad of butter in it.

No fooling.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    i worked a few customer service jobs as a phone rep, and i would always have some chic asking me to send her a pic and to make sure i wrote her number down and call her when i got off. Mind you neither one of us could see what the other looked like lol
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I understand you may have a SLIGHT allergy, but sayin you're allergic just cause you don't want something in your food isnt' the best way to go about it. Some people actually are, and can't have things in contact with that.

Totally agree! My daughter has a life threatening codeine allergy. I can't be with her always so she wears a medic alert bracelet. I thought that protected her.

I took her to the ER when she broke her wrist. She had her bracelet on and a neon yellow hospital bracelet listing a codeine allergy. The doctor prescribed codeine. I pointed out she's allergic to codeine and was told a little tummy upset should not stop her from taking pain meds. HELLO??? Not "tummy upset" Respitory problems.

To humor me, she changed the prescription to another opiate medicine. I said no and was told I can not reule out an entire class of medicine because of a reaction to one. The hell I can't! People with penicillian allergies do it all the time.

So...unless you are truely allergic, you should not say you are. This puts people with legitimate allergies at risk because they are not believed.

<stepping off my soapbox now>
  • Steph70508
    Options
    I worked at a steakhouse when I was younger. One of my tables one night was a teenage guy with his girlfriend. He ordered prime rib. When I brought his steak he pitches a fit and says "where are my ribs?". I say you ordered the prime rib which is a steak, not ribs...he turns beet red and then spent the rest of the time there finding reason to complain. I got a 1 cent tip because he was an embarrassed idiot!
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Not really a customer but a patient asked me when I was prepping her skin .... " Honey will you come home with me and scrub my skin.... Your hands are like magic" Really?!:noway:
  • cstein71
    cstein71 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I work at a bank and a customer today wanted me to "fix" his credit for him.
  • Deckershann
    Deckershann Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    "My daughter has her senior pictures coming up. Can you please make her look like one of the girls off of Seventeen?"

Sure. Whatever you say lady. (She forgot she was talking to a stylist, not a plastic surgeon.)

And geez the poor girl!!
  • AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I used to work at a Mexican restaurant in AZ, in the summer the hotshots would come in and order breakfast burritos. There was one man who always ordered a bacon burrito. Seriously just bacon! Nothing else! My manager made me charge him $5 just because of all the bacon they had to use!!
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Learnin2LuvMe Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    When I was bar tending some guy asked me if I could please not wear a bra for the rest of the night. I did not comply with his request.
    What a weirdo!
  • PsiChi
    PsiChi Posts: 157
    Options
    Not really a request but a customer asked me if I could recommend him a condom..I was like Uhh no
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    This woman opened the box of butter in the dairy aisle, and brought ONE STICK up to my register...then got pissy when I told her NO i cant ring up a SINGLE STICK OF BUTTER. She then told me to go get the rest of the box AND THEN ring her up. ARE YOU KIDDING ME????

*deep breath*

It still digs at me...
  • ccmccoy09
    ccmccoy09 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I worked at Williams Sonoma during holiday after college, and a customer wanted me to wrap, package and ship his 8 items to 8 different recipients. This is no big deal, it was a service WS charged for and did regularly in the holidays. But then he wanted to take everything with him, presumably to drop it for shipment himself. I guess he didn't trust our company policy of sending out all packages via Fed Ex at 4pm EVERY SINGLE DAY. Then he asked me (at that time a 20 year old girl) to load everything in his car for him, across the shopping center.

Now, I'm an attorney, and my "crazy client requests" are a whole other ball of wax.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Cheeseburger without cheese is common one. Apparently people don't know the word "hamburger."

My son worked at McDonald's and he said they do this so the hamburger is hot. Special orders are made as you order them.

Unless it is really busy, everything is made as you order them. A cheeseburger is not quite a special order either. If someone says they want a "cheeseburger without cheese" I will just ring up a hamburger...unless I feel like charging them extra.

Same goes for a "plain Whopper Jr." that's a hamburger too. Someone insisted on getting a plain Whopper Jr. anyway because they wanted the wrapper to say Whopper instead of hamburger.
  • cowboydan43
    cowboydan43 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Some of these crack me up!!

I was a waitress at a Mexican place for a while and one customer would always order a taco salad with no lettuce. So it was just a shell with a mound of ground beef. I always thought it was strange.
    I'm surprised I haven't been quoted on this...I give some pretty ridiculous requests sometimes because I am extremely picky :) but I tip well.
  • rebecca_florida
    rebecca_florida Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I sold shoes throughout college. I have had the request to put shoes on the NASTIEST feet ever. I had to put shoes on an old lady that had no bladder control and her pants were soaked. I also had a lady who always wanted to buy 2 pair of shoes because her feet were different sizes, but she wanted a discount because she couldn't wear half the shoes she bought. I actually found another lady that had the opposite feet. I introduced the 2 ladies and they became shoe buying friends. They were happy that their shoes were not going to waste, they got great fitting shoes and they saved money.

Urine lady, that is nasty. But congrats on the brilliant matchmaking with the Jack Sprat of shoes!