whats the craziest request a customer has given you?

Options

Replies

• GreenLifeGirl
    GreenLifeGirl Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I sold shoes throughout college. I have had the request to put shoes on the NASTIEST feet ever. I had to put shoes on an old lady that had no bladder control and her pants were soaked. I also had a lady who always wanted to buy 2 pair of shoes because her feet were different sizes, but she wanted a discount because she couldn't wear half the shoes she bought. I actually found another lady that had the opposite feet. I introduced the 2 ladies and they became shoe buying friends. They were happy that their shoes were not going to waste, they got great fitting shoes and they saved money.

brilliant!
  • teeley
    teeley Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I work at the Airport's first class lounge, I had a guy flying into Amsterdam, and wanted me to mail 3 post cards to Belarus from Canada ..they didn't even have stamps on them!!!
  • MommyJento4
    Options
    I was listening to this on the radio today,where a lady went in to starbucks and asked if they can pour in only 1/8 of a splenda packet into her coffee,she wanted the exact measurement,i thought this was silly of course.i had a friend tell me when she worked at a fast food place,someone came and placed an order for a cheeseburger with no cheese! Tell me some of yours:)
    Remember customer is always right,lol!

Well, when I'm at McDonalds, I order a double cheeseburger meal but without the cheese...they don't have a double hamburger meal....I don't think it's crazy or stupid, I just don't like cheese on a burger.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    my friend had a customer that was coming in from out of town for the appt and wanted her to find a hotel with a sleep number bed, and the crazy thing is he wasn't snobby or rude about it, he just really thought that it was appropriate to ask her to do that.
  • thetorontokid2
    Options
    I had a customer ask me if we sold socks and towels at my bookstore once!!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    working at a hardware store, i used to mix a lot of paint. lady asked me to make her black and white striped paint one time.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I work with public safety supplies, most of it uniforms.

I've had green brand spankin' new rookies ask me if I can give them the Southland look (or insert any other cop show with tight uniforms).
    I've also had to take a BDU top and a BDU bottom and sew them together to make a jumpsuit. It may sound easy but there is major major tailoring work involved.
    I love getting people that know nothing about sewing and ask for the most off the wall stuff...sorry no I can't add 6" of fabric to make it fit you, you need a size bigger.
  • emy10284
    emy10284 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    i use to work at T.G.I. Fridays in Houston about 4 years ago and i grown man asked to have his steak cut up for him . He was a well known local rapper so the server did it figuring he would leave a good tip . lol yeah wrong he only left 5 dollars on a check that was well over 100 dollars
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    My daughter (5) always asks for ceral with OJ in it because that's how she eats it. God bless the waitresses that don't hesitate (and don't laugh at her).
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    People have asked me to mail out their letters.
    At a gas station.
    Not a post office.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    At closing time, at a Mexican restaurant. I am vegan, allergic to coconut, tomatoes and citrus. What do you have that I can eat?:huh:
    Um, lettuce??
  • emy10284
    emy10284 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    As a kid in high school I worked at McD's to earn extra money. I would laugh every time someone would order a double quarter pounder with cheese, supersized and then request a diet coke. I guess the diet coke made them feel a little better about eating a days worth of calories in one meal??

I was a bartender in college and I had a regular customer that would want a jack and coke with three ice cubes and two napkins every time. Can't complain because he would tip me $5 every order (could easily make $50 bucks off him alone in a night!).

a lady came in the bar one night at the restaurant i use to work at and ordered a margarita . when the bartender asked her what flavor she would like she said RED lmao . another time a woman ordered a mojito and complained because it had leaves it and instituted she saw dirt too lol .
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    i used to work in an electronics shop and a customer asked me to lie down next to a TV to see if it would fit in his car cos his boot was a bit smaller than 5ft wide and I'm 5ft 3.. so he wanted to use me as a comparison.

I also had a customer with a £700 voucher (insurance thing) and he asked what he could buy.. i said whatever you like.. he then asked how much i was.. i of course answered with "a lot more then £700"

there are plenty others but i can't think for now lol.
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I worked at Medco as a customer service rep... people would call in about their insurance coverage (mainly as to why it wasnt covered) they didnt understand the policy they signed up for.. Well I had a man call me about his viagara.. he said he needed a refill sooner and the pharmacy said no.. he was allotted 30 pills in a month... I said sir your insurance only covers 30.. so you need to talk to your doctor to see if he can change your prescription dosage... that I cant approve giving him more pills.. He said How can you dictate how many times a month I want to make love to my wife???? Well how the hell can I answer that one?? lol he loved his wife/..:)
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I had a guy order a rack of ribs (the menu stated pork) and when he had polished them off, and licked his fingers he asked me why they were pink not white. Confused I asked him what type of meat he thought they were. He replied chicken. When I said they were pork he exclaimed he couldn't eat pork and was not going to pay. I replied "when have you ever seen a chicken with ribs as big as that?!" and gave him the bill with a copy of the menu
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    One sales rep had a new car dealership as her account and brought me in stock images of vehicles for a huge 4th of July sale. Two of the images showed trucks in a 3/4 position but from the tailgate forward. She asked me if I could 'turn' the picture around so we could see the front of the trucks.
    Love this one! :laugh:
  • countindowntothin
    countindowntothin Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Seriously just had a lady come in and pay me $77 in quarters and $1's!!!

I work at an electric company, and I work the drive thru and the inside counter at the same time. People will pull up in the drive thru and honk their horn at me to hurry up....I seriously want to throw a brick at them everytime it happens!
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    When I was a bartender, I once had someone order a "'57 T-Bird with Honolulu License Plates."

I had to break out the "Bartending for Dummies" book someone stashed behind the bar.
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Not me, but my BFF

She works in a flower shop. Someone called in and asked if they sell carpet. She said, "No." And the person complained because they were a Florist ("Floor"ist) and should sell floors. LOL
  • courtclerkkris
    courtclerkkris Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I work for the court system....no kidding! All the time I have people say "If I mail my payment today, when will you get it?" My response everytime..."I don't work for the USPS so I can't say when it will be delivered." I think maybe I should say, "Hold on while I get my crystal ball out". Think that would get me fired?