YOUR SO PRETTY!! ...(FOR A FAT GIRL)

Options

Replies

• brybre0413
    brybre0413 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    OK HERES A QUESTION FOR YOU. I STRUGGLE WITH THIS EVERY DAY. DH SAYS IT DOESNT MATTER TO HI IF I LOSE WEIGHT AND HE " DOESNT WANT ME DOING FOR HIM" MY SIL IS SUPER AGAINST IT TOO. SUGGESTIONS ?

Sister in law is just jealous, so I say keep moving forward and stuff her!

Absolutely agree 100% stuff her in a garment bag!
  • ReverendJim
    ReverendJim Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Exactly! Oops. I meant to quote. The gal who said all women are pretty and dads should reinforce that with their daughters every day.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    OK HERES A QUESTION FOR YOU. I STRUGGLE WITH THIS EVERY DAY. DH SAYS IT DOESNT MATTER TO HI IF I LOSE WEIGHT AND HE " DOESNT WANT ME DOING FOR HIM" MY SIL IS SUPER AGAINST IT TOO. SUGGESTIONS ?

1) As far as DH is concerned Lose weight for YOU not for him...

Does it not matter to him or does he prefer that you DON"T lose weight?

If it truly doesn't matter to him I see that as very supportive... that he loves and respects you as a person regardless of outer shell.
    If you do the hard work of getting fit for yourself then it's all good.
    If you lose weight "for him" and not yourself you might feel restricted by him or feel as though you don't measure up in his eyes. And that's a really horrible way to feel.

I rekindled with an ex of mine from college. I'd lost a few pounds before we reconnected (I still weighed more than I wanted to never told him I had weighed even more than I did then). After we were going out for a while I realized he had a problem with my weight. And knowing that that completely stall out any progress I was making. I literally couldn't do it for him and his attitude some how prevented me from doing it for me as well. The fact that he viewed me as "less than" because I was overweight... made me resentful. i guess I wasn't going to reward him with a skinny me, even if it punished myself in the process.

Anyway, when we broke up he mentioned my weight as one of the reasons. And as soon as I was back to doing it for me I dropped 30 lbs.

2) And for SIL
    None of her business. She doesn't get a say. Why would she be "SUPER AGAINST IT" Does she have her own issues she's in denial about.

You deserve to live a healthy life. You deserve to feel fit and energetic and fabulous. Why would she want any less than happiness for you?
  • ttalley1
    ttalley1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yea I get the "You have a pretty face" all the time and honestly I'm sick of it. Growing up I used to get the "If you walk around with your tummy sucked in your stomach wouldn't look so big" LOL but I tried not to let that get to me but of course when you're a child ya can't help but feel some type of way. But as long as we know we look good the way we ARE and the way we WILL BE, that is all that matters because society is very superficial.

Keep ya head up ladies!!! WE ARE BEAUTIFUL ALWAYS!!! ;-)

I can relate to this entirely.........YES WE ARE BEAUTIFUL IT IS WHAT'S INSIDE THAT COUNTS ANYWAYS.......GOD KNOWS OUR HEARTS AN HE LOVES US NO MATTER WAT AN WILL NEVER LEAVE US......WE HAVE TO REMEMBER WE ARE DOING THIS FOR US AN NOT TO PLEASE ANYONE ELSE...........GOD WILL TAKE CARE OF THOSE PEOPLE IN TIME......

This is very true!!! Because no earthly being has the authority to judge us by the way we look. Everybody is not meant to be the size of a ruler. The world would be a boring place if we all were the same. We all have a purpose in life and it's not trying to figure out about how to judge others by their weight.
  • SingSmileLaugh
    Options
    You'd be so pretty if you lost weight-
    Tell them, I can fix fat, but, you can't fix *kitten*

Andddd on top of that- YOU are ALL Gorgeous!!! F them ALL!!!!
  • RuthRW
    RuthRW Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Years ago I was talking about the whole weight vs pretty face with my (now ex) sister-in-law who told me not to worry and that my "personality" was great and that's what attracted people to me. Which was her way of saying that I was fat and I wasn't pretty either!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    another one that get's me is my husband tells me "You're so hot now" I'm like "WTF? I wasn't before? all I did was drop weight."

I kinda feel bad for guys in this situation... because for me its hard to not automatically think like that when my husband gives me any compliment. Like the other day he said my butt felt perkier...and my first thought was like "as compared to what, a saggy butt, so my butt was saggy!?!" .... I think sometimes our mindset needs some adjusting too while losing. LOL

There is a total acceptable way to say things though, even just a "Baby you're looking so good" Or a "I'm so proud of you, you're just smoking." You do not have to kick at the fat, especially after telling me flat out that he was not attracted to me when I was 250lbs I get it, I know he wasn't, but then going as far as saying he was thinking about divorcing me over my fat, doesn't help. And when we got into a huge fight 2 weeks after I started my weight loss, and he called me a fat *kitten*, yeah those things don't help. I'm losing my weight for myself. Now he is scared that I'm going to leave him when I get to my goal. I have told him if I was going to leave him, I would have done it a long time ago my fat isn't keeping me with him. Yes I've dropped 75lbs, but I did it, not him or his rude remarks, I'm an emotional eater, but have trained myself to use exercising for my emotion outlet. I'm still considered "Fat" I have about 50lbs to go before I reach my goal. I have 30 before I'm considered Average weight. There are way's to compliment someone without making them feel that while they were/are fat they are less of a person.
  • sjadams01
    Options
    Got told by my boss the other day that I have a sexy telephone voice as in I am better until you see me in real life. Not on at all.
    ... HR...
  • ElisaMarie82
    Options
    Girls always tend to over analyze stuff, and I know this because I do it too!!! If someone tells you that you have a pretty face, than more than likely they think you have a pretty face, plain and simple. If someone tells you that you have a pretty face, and you think they're calling you fat, than more than likey you're over analying the situation with your own insecurites about yourself.
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Only 1 proper response to this compliment

YOU'RE SO THOUGHTFUL, FOR AN ASSH*LE!

LOVE that!!!
  • jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I have never personally had anyone say that to me, but i know that would hurt..
  • LelliAmi
    LelliAmi Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    somebody told me i had a pretty face...in grade 9....when i was 120 pounds...and bulimic. i could've slapped a *****.
  • I hate when i start talking with a guy and he says this. Its like he's so amazed that some how i could be big and pretty all at the same time. So then they hit you with, dont lose weight cause if you do then u'll be to fine. And what i think they mean by that is " dont lose no weight cause your really pretty now and if you lose your fat you'll be fine as hell. all the men will be on u , and you wont want me anymore." lol
  • dimpleschick
    dimpleschick Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I hate when I am told, "wow, you're great looking for an old chick", or "you look good for your age".
    Why can't I just look good? Why does it have to be qualified by mentioning my age?
    I ask you, what is wrong with being an old, hot chick?

I don't even answer thoughtless people when they give me a left-handed compliment.
  • Johnny_Castle
    Options
    Saying that to someone would be an insult
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options

That is fantastic!!!!!
  • misstasharenee
    misstasharenee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I hate when i start talking with a guy and he says this. Its like he's so amazed that some how i could be big and pretty all at the same time. So then they hit you , dont lose weight cause if you do then u'll be to fine. And what i think they mean by that is " dont lose no weight cause your really pretty now and if you lose your fat you'll be fine as hell. all the men will be on u , and you wont want me anymore." lol

OMG!! ...Thank you!! My feelings exactly!! ..My ex told me "baby, I love that your big because I don't have to but fighing over you with other dudes" I responded by letting him know about all the men that hit on me at work, school,etc ..that changed his tune and that's why he's my ex! lol
  • misstasharenee
    misstasharenee Posts: 95 Member
    Options

I'm soooo using this!
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    I've always been on the heavier side, but ballooned after having my kids. About 5 years ago, I lost 75lbs and wasn't quite where I wanted to be when my SIL told me that I shouldn't lose any more weight as my face was getting wrinkly and too thin. Why thank you. Sadly, I allowed this to utterly stall the weight loss roll I was on and I actually started to put on a few pounds again. This made me angrier with myself for allowing someone else's opinion to have so much power. I am back on track and will stop when I say so, no one else.
  • ZaynesMom11
    Options
    That's so messed up. People have no shame. Just say whatever comes first out their dumb a** mouths.