What makes you love your dog???

Options

Replies

• eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    my 55 pound golden retriever mix thinks she's a 5 pound lap dog.

So it's not just my dog! My baby boy is 65 pounds but thinks he is tiny enough to sit on laps too!

Nope not just yours! My Baby girl is 85-90lbs and thinks she's a lap dog. And that it's ok to sit on mommy so she can't go somewhere without her. She is 1/2 german sheppard and 1/2 lab.
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Today is my Dogs 6th Birthday. English Bulldog, and her name is Dixie. Unconditional love, and shes always waiting at the top of the steps for me when I get home with her butt wagging, waiting to be pet! She snores, she farts, she jumps in the bed every day around 6am, but I love her just the same!!

<======There she is!!
  • victoria233
    Options
    Ooooh I have two aussies! They are PHENOM dogs. Their loyalty its amazing :)
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    My profile picture is my Lilly baby. We adopted her 3 years ago and love her to bits. She is so funny and caring and always wants to be with us no matter what, she doesn;t run off either which is amazing. My boyfriend and I always say she is the perfect dog and we wish we could clone her! Her brindle coat is so funny uo look at as well.
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Ummm...My husband and I just kick them off the bed. They leave us alone for as long as we need :wink:

My Alice and Zane are well behaved and don't come between my husband and I.
  • pookie53
    pookie53 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I can honestly say I have spent more money on my dog than me...she was a diabetic. with thyroid and addisons...
    For 5 years she had to have 2 shots a day of insulin and pills for the other...Sissy was the love of my life as
    far as dogs go..She lived to be 12 years and 8 months...I MISS HER SOOOOO BAD...:sad:
  • kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    Options

what a beauty! i grew up with a rough collie :) he was the best brother anyone could ask for (my mother and i still talk about him and he passed away 5 years ago)

Thank you! She is my world! I actually cried on her 5th bday a few weeks ago because I realized in two years she will be considered a "senior"!
  • SLambertAlaska
    SLambertAlaska Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    The unconditional love we receive from our dogs is directly related to the idea that "dog" is "God" spelled backwards.
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I hope this works, its the 1st time I'm posting a picture. Here's my dog, Patou. A pure yeallow lab. !st picture is when I got him at 2 months old and the 2nd is what he looks now at 1.5 year. He's such a great dog!

c80c1.jpg

a716f.jpg
  • horaks
    horaks Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    She is one of my children the four legged kind-
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    My ex husband! but my dog is a cat!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I don't have a dog, but opened this thread because I LOVE dogs and would love to have one in the next few years.

My question for you all, and I hope this isn't TMI and that I can get an honest answer here.. If you have a dog and live with your significant other, how does it effect your love life? I mean that generally and ALSO in the bedroom.. do you still get ALONE time as much as you need it?

Hasn't affected it at all really.
    Sometimes when we hug he'll start barking, but that's easily dealt with by either letting him have a cuddle too, or telling him to lie down - he does as he's told with that :) Also, if my partner and I are sitting together on the sofa, and one of us gets up for something, he'll jump straight up next to you and nick the seat, but when you tell him "off", he get's off with that sad little look on his face lol

With the bedroom, he's not allowed upstairs, and is crate trained so if we went upstairs he would go in his crate. I can leave him out of it to go upstairs for a couple of minutes, telling him to stay and he will do as he's told. But if I'm up there for longer than a few minutes he will charge up the stairs, and jump around all over the bed, especially if he hears anything going on ;) He's still one crazy over-excited puppy lol This is why crate training is useful for us.

Basically, they like attention and interaction but trained well are obedient and generally do as they're told, so if you wanted alone time there are definitely ways to get it just as easily as without one :)
    The only downside is if you wanted alone time away from the home, such as a hotel or weekend break, you have to arrange care for the dog in the time you're away. I realise you probably know that, but that for me is really the only issue you have with getting one. That, and the initial training stage.
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I don't have a dog, but opened this thread because I LOVE dogs and would love to have one in the next few years.

My question for you all, and I hope this isn't TMI and that I can get an honest answer here.. If you have a dog and live with your significant other, how does it effect your love life? I mean that generally and ALSO in the bedroom.. do you still get ALONE time as much as you need it?

Hasn't affected it at all really.
    Sometimes when we hug he'll start barking, but that's easily dealt with by either letting him have a cuddle too, or telling him to lie down - he does as he's told with that :) Also, if my partner and I are sitting together on the sofa, and one of us gets up for something, he'll jump straight up next to you and nick the seat, but when you tell him "off", he get's off with that sad little look on his face lol

With the bedroom, he's not allowed upstairs, and is crate trained so if we went upstairs he would go in his crate. I can leave him out of it to go upstairs for a couple of minutes, telling him to stay and he will do as he's told. But if I'm up there for longer than a few minutes he will charge up the stairs, and jump around all over the bed, especially if he hears anything going on ;) He's still one crazy over-excited puppy lol This is why crate training is useful for us.

Basically, they like attention and interaction but trained well are obedient and generally do as they're told, so if you wanted alone time there are definitely ways to get it just as easily as without one :)
    The only downside is if you wanted alone time away from the home, such as a hotel or weekend break, you have to arrange care for the dog in the time you're away. I realise you probably know that, but that for me is really the only issue you have with getting one. That, and the initial training stage.

Heidi, thank you so much for your great answer :-)
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Anyone who is friends with me here know how much I love my little boston terrier Lou. I love him because he makes me laugh every day and will cuddle with me whenever I want.

IMG_2195.jpg

IMG_1881.jpg

IMG_1762.jpg
  • orcoast71
    orcoast71 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I love my dog Greta. She is tenacious, stoic, and fearless. She can always put a smile on my face. She is a mischievous little girl, but that is what I love about her. There are days where she makes me pull my hair out. Especially when she steals things like socks, pants, towels, and shoes. And how can you not love a dog that looks like Toto?

IMG_0668-1.jpg
  • mzkynd
    mzkynd Posts: 63
    Options
    AnaNotBanana - Lou is such a cutie!
  • mrs07312012
    mrs07312012 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My pup Scooter is like one of the family, I don't know how our household functioned without him. He is so loyal and lovey, it's hard to be mad at him at times. He's a 4 (almost 5) year old black cockapoo and his name varies all the time, Scoot , Scootie, but scooter, scootie poo is what I usually call him. We rescued him from a humane society in Maryland and his fir was so matted and he was so skinny and shakey , the drive home was tough , but my 9 year old just hugged him tight and let him know that everything was going to be okay. I had found him online and when I saw him I knew we had to go save him, now my little one thinks that she picked him out ( we just go along with it ) She says .... I looked in his eyes and he looked in mine and it was love at first sight!!!
  • Magician07
    Options
    Alright yes, I love my little dog Boo. Yes she is a Chihuahua and yes I am a man!!

And that is her that I am carrying in my profile pic!!

What can I say, she's awesome!
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Alright yes, I love my little dog Boo. Yes she is a Chihuahua and yes I am a man!!

And that is her that I am carrying in my profile pic!!

What can I say, she's awesome!

Ain't nuthin wrong with a guy owning a Chihuahua!
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I love my dog Milo b/c he's the cutest Westie ever!!! He has such a great loving personality, we couldn't ask for a better pup!! When people talk about dogs choosing them, it's sooo true!!! He chose us... Came right up to us and sat in between my husband’s feet... We got him when he was 8 weeks old.. I really couldn't imagine our life without him... He's our fur baby!!! He's a West Highland Terrier.. The same as the Caesar dog food dog... I hope you can see these pics...

**I apologize that the pics are sooo big!! LOL

[photo8.jpg
    Love love love him! Reminds me of my Westiepoo! I'll try to remember to post pics tonight.