Sleeping with a bra on?(ladies only...I hope)

Options

Replies

• nygiantschick
    nygiantschick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I wear those band bras under the pjs or I wear the tshirts with a shelf bra built in- no underwire though. I have a larger chest so I like to hold em down as much as possible and defy gravity!!!!
  • QueenHanifa
    QueenHanifa Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I sleep in a sports bra.

I have some irrational fear of something happening in the middle of the night (fire, robber, sick kid) and having to jump out of bed in a mad dash so I don't want the twins to be flapping about in my shirt.... LOL

:sad: :sad: :sad: I can only imagine the thought ^^
  • dckim
    dckim Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    i m glad to be a male - no bra, no make up, pee anywhere (no bathroom lines), no tampons, no accessorizing, no jewelry, no matching outfits, etc.

happy holidays! :drinker: hohoho...
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Hmm I must be an odd one xD
    I sleep with an underwire t-shirt or pushup bra on

Me too.
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Only when I was nursing my kids. I needed the compression to keep me from leaking all over my bed. However, otherwise.. nope, I shed my bra off pretty quick after getting home from work. My little A cups don't need all that support.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    When I was younger I did that (as in like 15) but now I couldn't stand it -- I just sleep in a tank top and panties. But I don't take off my bra until the moment before I go to bed! But I know a couple folks who do sleep in their bras.
  • Calorie_Killa
    Options
    I take that thing off as soon as I step foot in the door and I don't put it back on unless absolutely necessary. Sleepy doesn't = necessary. I let them breathe.
  • heyydanie
    heyydanie Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Nope! Mine comes off the second I step in the door and stays off unless I have to go out somewhere.
  • pixydoodle
    Options
    I hate my bra during the day why would i want to sleep in it, its too late to save them anyhow, me being 47 and all they are going the way nature intended
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Marlin monroe always did I think.. hence great rack for life. I do sometimes or at least a tank with a shelf bra cause I don't like being floppy
  • reaprice
    Options
    I have never felt that bras are uncomfortable, and I used to sleep in my bras. I just sleep in sports bras now because I just want my expensive lingerie to stay nice longer. I like the feeling of having something snug there. I'm 34 and even though I lost 150 pounds years ago, I still get many compliments on how perky my 36B ta-tas are, so I honestly think it must have something to do with always wearing a bra.
  • k8bugz
    k8bugz Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I never knew so many ladies not only slept in bras, but felt so passionate about it!

I don't really like bra's, I much prefer to go free-titty. The other day I went to the gym before work and forgot to bring a bra, and it was one the best days ever. My bra comes off as soon as possible. I'm really good at taking it off without taking my shirt off as well, and I'm not shy about doing it.

And I'm not lacking in that department: 38C.

I'm pretty sure the only reasons I've ever slept in my bra have to do with alcohol. But it's not anything i've really thought about until this thread. Interesting.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I hate sleeping with a bra on, it's so uncomfortable. But sometimes I will wear a cami, it's loose and not really tight; just on those nights it's cold and i want an extra layer of clothing. i've heard that it's not healthy to sleep with a bra on just like it's not healthy to sleep with underwear on. the only time i'll sleep in one is if i'm anywhere other then my own house.

edit: gotta let your body air out at night!

I...not healthy to sleep with your underwear on? Uncomfortable, maybe. Ill-advised, possibly. Unhealthy, though?

I don't think it is 'unhealthy', no, but there is evidence supporting it will help prevent things like UTI's and other UT problems.

According to everything I read on the subject, it's only generally a problem if you're already prone to UTIs and yeast infections.
  • ciaobellakiss
    Options
    I always sleep with it on.
  • leopardvice
    Options
    whoaa surprised to see so many that don't....
  • leopardvice
    Options
    I always sleep with a bra on. I honestly don't feel any less comfortable. I also hate having to put my bra back on when I wake up in the morning.
    Um you mean you don't change into a clean one in the morning??

i dont... i mean ill take it off to shower but i didnt realize bras got dirty in one day... you change your bra everyday?
  • ogosun
    ogosun Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I sleep with one , I actually read its better to sleep with a bra, they won't sag like oranges in panty hose.
    Now that is scarey......:huh:
  • ogosun
    ogosun Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hmm I must be an odd one xD
    I sleep with an underwire t-shirt or pushup bra on

Then i am an oddball with you.... hahahha... dido
  • AnnaKate_
    AnnaKate_ Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm a 30C (US sizing) and usually sleep with one on, but occasionally am more comfortable without it. Depends on my mood I guess!!
  • Jennieam
    Jennieam Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I am very large (40G), but I don't sleep with a bra on - I never have.

Following a shoulder operation, I couldn't do my bra up around the back until I got more flexibility back into my shoulder. As a result I had to be fitted for a front-opening bra. I've continued to be fitted for bras ever since, and I don't find them at all uncomfortable.

I noticed that a few people say their bras are uncomfortable - even during the day. Perhaps the people who are uncomfortable aren't wearing a bra which is the right size/style for their body?