Sleeping with a bra on?(ladies only...I hope)

Options

Replies

• ronniekh
    Options
    Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't but I'd rather sleep without one. It's more comfortable that way.
  • mego07
    mego07 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Most days i wear some type of bra to bed. the days i don't and i'm weaing a tank top i wake up and they are out of shirt. lol I do not know how it happens.. i move a lot when i sleep.
  • mego07
    mego07 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I always sleep with a bra on. I honestly don't feel any less comfortable. I also hate having to put my bra back on when I wake up in the morning.
    Um you mean you don't change into a clean one in the morning??

i dont... i mean ill take it off to shower but i didnt realize bras got dirty in one day... you change your bra everyday?

i've read in a victoria's secret mag and also in cosmo that it's not good to wash them after one wearing and that is how they wear out quickly and as long as you don't sweat or do labor in them it's ok to wear them more than once. I've recently started to wear them twice then in they go to the dirty basket. I am a germ-a-phobe (sp?) so that is much as i can do.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I sleep in tanks that have a shelf bra built in. Still a bit of support, but no getting jabbed by under wire. I'm a 32C and get plenty of support from the little tanks.

I'm sure a bustier lady wouldn't be as comfy in a shelf bra, but for petite gals - they're grand.
  • saturn2002
    saturn2002 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have a lot going on(too much) and always slept in a sport bra.
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    eww, i have to sleep with mine on! was uncomfortable when i started sleeping with bra's on at the age of 8 ( was an early developer!) but i got used to it, and now it doesnt bother me. i have to support my 36DD's somehow when i go bed! :wink:
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I always sleep with a bra on. I honestly don't feel any less comfortable. I also hate having to put my bra back on when I wake up in the morning.
    Um you mean you don't change into a clean one in the morning??

i dont... i mean ill take it off to shower but i didnt realize bras got dirty in one day... you change your bra everyday?

i've read in a victoria's secret mag and also in cosmo that it's not good to wash them after one wearing and that is how they wear out quickly and as long as you don't sweat or do labor in them it's ok to wear them more than once. I've recently started to wear them twice then in they go to the dirty basket. I am a germ-a-phobe (sp?) so that is much as i can do.

I definatley don't change my bra everyday that would be a nightmare! xx
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    I'm currently a 34 D, but was a 40 DD just a few months ago, and I have ALWAYS slept with a bra on...even underwire bras. I've never found it uncomfortable, either. I find if more uncomfortable when my gigantic, weighty boobs are being unsupported by anything!
  • kono12
    Options
    yay i do sleep with a bra on other wise i can not sleep
  • Lasityttö
    Lasityttö Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I sleep with nothing on (or perhaps socks, my feet are always cold), so no I don't wear a bra. Though I wish I could just take my boobs off for the night, with UK size 34DD it's hard to be comfortable. I pretty much limited sleeping in fetal position or on my back. I'd be really happy if I had smaller ones! 34C would be perfect.
  • HeavenLeAngel127
    HeavenLeAngel127 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    nope, so uncomfy, you need to let the girls breath. I also heard its good not to wear one at night so your boobs dont get saggy... but who knows if there is any truth to that lol

I think the bra is to help fight gravity......... If bras cause sag then women today have been seriously misinformed....
  • mama2shi
    mama2shi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Nope...take that thing off every chance I can lol. First thing I do when I come home, take off the bra!
  • beaglenutty
    beaglenutty Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    No way I cant sleep with one on. I cant wait to get it off I wear a 38d
  • mikajoanow
    mikajoanow Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I like to sleep with one too.
  • MisaIsARobot
    Options
    I wear a sports bra to bed. I have a 38 C chest so it's very uncomfortable to me wjen I'm not wearing a brs.
  • chinamonkey
    chinamonkey Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    well being a 36GG im uncomfortable WITHOUT a bra! I slept in one when in late pregnancy and for a year after whilst breastfeeding but now i dont...although funnily enough last night i was lying on my back and felt a bit uncomfy without one...so may just get one one those tank top ones....
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    The less you wear a bra, the less they will sag in later life as the tendon that supports it gets weaker the less it has to do :)
  • Lotte34
    Lotte34 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I am a 36EE and my boobs happily sleep in my armpits. I cannot imaging the discomfort of sleeping in a bra
  • andreacord
    Options
    I can't sleep with one on, although if I'm staying over with a friend/male friend I will wear a bra simply because I don't want "stuff" showing through my teeshirt. :blushing:
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    nup... if sometimes wear a tanktop with a shelf bra, but they have virtually no support for my D cup, usually i only wear them when i was breast feeding, or when we have visitors in the house.