P90X... starting a new thread...

Options

Replies

• jtomlinson
    Options
    has anyone heard from Christina Branson? I was reading her blog on P90X everyday and all of the sudden her blog is nowhere to be found and I haven't seen her post on here in awhile? Has anyone heard from her
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    has anyone heard from Christina Branson? I was reading her blog on P90X everyday and all of the sudden her blog is nowhere to be found and I haven't seen her post on here in awhile? Has anyone heard from her

No, I haven't heard anything from her or seen her post. Now her blog is gone? Hm...
  • littleluvbug
    littleluvbug Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Shoulders was killer this morning! And I didn't realize how sore my abs were until I tried to do them again this morning!! All I could do is laugh at us and even that hurt! :laugh:

Anyways, I'm loving it, feeling the burn and can't WAIT to start seeing results. All this pain has to show something someday!

I'm also doing either Turbo Jam, Zumba or elliptical every day for at least a little cardio burn every day, I have quite a bit of weight to lose on top of this, so I'm just trying to burn the extra. My muscles seem to feel so much better when I do the cardio, just warming them up a bit makes the soreness go away for a while. Excited to try Yoga tomorrow....
  • TheBull50
    Options
    So how is Yoga X ? I think i am going to do that tonight before I go to my Tae Kwon Do Demo practice. Huge demostration tomorrow night so maybe Yoga X will help me relax a little bit :ohwell:
  • purple120
    purple120 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hello all, did yoga yesterday was a killer. I was sore during the night, but as I started doing legs and back today I forgot about my soreness. When I first started doing the leg routine I thought wow they don't use too much weight for the leg workout. Well I soon relized why and my legs feel it now. Can I tell you that before I started using this program I hated the thought of drinking protien drinks or eating protien bars, and now I consider them a treat. My DH would be laughing at me now if he knew. I hope you'll have a great workout and weekend.
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options

I did hear from her... She posted a comment on my blog yesterday. I've been worried about her, too. Her husband is still running his blog-maybe she just got too busy to continue? I know she's still doing the P90X program with her hubby. If I hear anything back from her, I'll let everyone know.
  • lisajuly
    lisajuly Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hey Jess! Just wanted to say hi to you here...and hi to all the other X'ers!

I'm on Day 5 of my 3rd round. First round was in 2007, 2nd round last year which was modified (i substituted running for the cardio days). This time, I'm trying to get 3 runs in a week (5-6 miles ea).

:happy:
    Lisa
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Hey Jess! Just wanted to say hi to you here...and hi to all the other X'ers!

I'm on Day 5 of my 3rd round. First round was in 2007, 2nd round last year which was modified (i substituted running for the cardio days). This time, I'm trying to get 3 runs in a week (5-6 miles ea).

:happy:
    Lisa

Yeah, it's my buddy Lisa!! :bigsmile: I'm so glad you joined in! :flowerforyou: You know I'm a big fan of my running 3 days a week... I know you'll do great! :wink:
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    So how is Yoga X ? I think i am going to do that tonight before I go to my Tae Kwon Do Demo practice. Huge demostration tomorrow night so maybe Yoga X will help me relax a little bit :ohwell:

Did you like YogaX? It's one of my favorites, and I look forward to it every week. The first 45 minutes are tough, but the next 45 are quite relaxing. I feel this is one workout you cannot skip. It stretches your muscles, helps your flexibility and balance, and quiets the mind. Yoga is the complete package! :smile:
  • kittynurse
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm just hoping to get an opinion or two about a couple of things. I did Plyo for the first time last night, and I have to say I'm not especially fond of it. I have a jacked up MCL, and I found that doing an hour of squats was kinda nauseating. Granted, I'm not in tip top cardio shape but I found that I couldn't go very low with most of the exercises without getting the icky grinding/cracking knee feeling, and I found I was doing more hip-hingeing than squatting (I thought I should at least work my hamstrings even if I wasn't doing much for my quads). Also, I was never a fan of aerobics classes, and I couldn't help but feel like this was the gym-rat equivalent of step aerobics :laugh: . This would all be fine if I had torched a ton of calories, but I was really surprised by how few cals my BodyBugg recorded for that hour. Anyway, I'm thinking of taking a spinning class and a Bikram class on Plyo days instead. Both will burn a bazillion calories, work my quads, and not hurt my knee. What do you guys think?
  • cquick
    cquick Posts: 220
    Options
    the first few exercise of AR X (in & outs, bicycles & cruncy frog) REALLY burn in my back---is it because I'm not doing them correctly or because my back isn't strong enough to maintain that position for more that 10 reps?

is your back completely flat to the floor? it should be as much as possible with the in/outs and bicycles...make sure your posture is nice and long during crunchy frog (imagine someone pulling your spine out of the top of your head)...make sure you're not tilting your pelvis too much or too little, so put those sitz bones to use and sit BEHIND them on the fleshy part of yo' butt...

hope this helps!
  • cquick
    cquick Posts: 220
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm just hoping to get an opinion or two about a couple of things. I did Plyo for the first time last night, and I have to say I'm not especially fond of it. I have a jacked up MCL, and I found that doing an hour of squats was kinda nauseating. Granted, I'm not in tip top cardio shape but I found that I couldn't go very low with most of the exercises without getting the icky grinding/cracking knee feeling, and I found I was doing more hip-hingeing than squatting (I thought I should at least work my hamstrings even if I wasn't doing much for my quads). Also, I was never a fan of aerobics classes, and I couldn't help but feel like this was the gym-rat equivalent of step aerobics :laugh: . This would all be fine if I had torched a ton of calories, but I was really surprised by how few cals my BodyBugg recorded for that hour. Anyway, I'm thinking of taking a spinning class and a Bikram class on Plyo days instead. Both will burn a bazillion calories, work my quads, and not hurt my knee. What do you guys think?

your knees are way too precious, so don't do the plyo...plyo is great for stabilizing and (somewhat) stregthening the ACL, but anytype of jarring/jumping exercises can definitely blow out a weak or unstable MCL...

if you really feel like you HAVE to incorporate plyo, you can definitely always do lower impact moves...i'd just skip it and get your calorie burn with turbo jam or kenpo/cardio x....

i hate plyo myself...have fun leaving it out! :flowerforyou:i know you'll find a better alternative
  • sandy429
    Options

Tony doesn't call Plyo the 'Mother of all X workouts' for nothing; I burn at least 500 calories in that hour. Did you try doing the modified moves like Pam? There is also the CardioX option. It's not as big of a calorie burner, but it does have a little bit of everything. And, the Plyo moves it does include are not as intense.
  • purple120
    purple120 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I just finished kemp, I thought it was going to be easier, but each time I press play I'm pleasantly suprised as how hard I'm pushing myself. I'm looking forward to the stretching tomorrow.
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    reading this is making jealous and anxioux to start. I've been tracking ours and it's still in illinois. Hopefully we'll get it Tuesday (monday would be better, but I think that's a little unrealistic).

Maybe I should enjoy not being sore until I get it, sounds like I'll be feeling it for a few weeks after we start.
  • sandy429
    Options
    I just finished kemp, I thought it was going to be easier, but each time I press play I'm pleasantly suprised as how hard I'm pushing myself. I'm looking forward to the stretching tomorrow.

I did Kenpo this morning, as well. I love those 'breaks'! :tongue:
  • littleluvbug
    littleluvbug Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I survived Yoga today!! Yay for me!!! It was rough, but the stretch felt awesome. There were so many moves that I couldn't do to par, but I know it's coming. I LOVE P90X!
  • sandy429
    Options
    I survived Yoga today!! Yay for me!!! It was rough, but the stretch felt awesome. There were so many moves that I couldn't do to par, but I know it's coming. I LOVE P90X!

Yay for you!! I'm glad you liked it. I LOVE YogaX. The moves & poses will come with time. I still struggle with half moon & twisting half-moon, but it's getting better.
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options

Yay for you!! I'm glad you liked it. I LOVE YogaX. The moves & poses will come with time. I still struggle with half moon & twisting half-moon, but it's getting better.

Wow, you guys are so much better than me... I know Yoga X is good for me to do, but I find it so hard to stay motivated while doing it!!! I always find myself starting to have bad, bad feelings towards Tony Horton for being able to make all the moves look so easy:grumble: . Especially when you're supposed to grab your wrist from behind your back and between your legs... I always feel like my sister's dog-she really seems to enjoy chasing her tail and running around in circles, and that is pretty much what I look like when I'm trying to get that hand!!!:explode: :explode:
  • sandy429
    Options

Wow, you guys are so much better than me... I know Yoga X is good for me to do, but I find it so hard to stay motivated while doing it!!! I always find myself starting to have bad, bad feelings towards Tony Horton for being able to make all the moves look so easy:grumble: . Especially when you're supposed to grab your wrist from behind your back and between your legs... I always feel like my sister's dog-she really seems to enjoy chasing her tail and running around in circles, and that is pretty much what I look like when I'm trying to get that hand!!!:explode: :explode:

Yoga really is one of those workouts where you have to 'do your best & forget the rest'. No one is good at it at first. I've done quite a few yoga DVDs and taken classes, but YogaX is by far one of the most challenging. So, don't beat yourself up! Just showing up is half the battle. And before you know it, you'll be holding onto your wrist and looking forward to buying some very cute yoga outfits. :wink: