Does your half/wife/partner supports you?

Options

Replies

• BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Yes...he always asks how was the gym, how's it going, and when I tell him how I'm doing he says he's happy and proud. He still takes me out to eat a lot but that's just because he doesn't like to cook, and he never pushes me to eat more than I want to when we're out, or drink more than I want to.

I wish I could get him to work out with me, I was only successful with that once and every other time he has an excuse, but that's OK.
  • jsjaclark
    Options
    He does. I have been trying to get him to join in since he has gained weight - he has worked out a little, but not regularly. I do the grocery shopping so I buy the healthy stuff and fix it. I am being sabotaged by others who are sending candy and junk food to my house.
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Yes. He goes to the gym with me and does any activity I'm interested in - he's all for anything active.

He tries to get more veggies and fruits when he shops.
  • silverfox678
    silverfox678 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My husband supports me 100%... Without it i dont think i would still b on track of making changes in my lifestyle.
  • outtanms
    outtanms Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Yes he supports me, he saids I am beautiful any way. I tell him to take off the beer goggles..... :)
  • zbmb30
    zbmb30 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I honestly have a wonderful boyfriend. It's the first one that has supported me and keeps pushing me in a good way. Like this morning I was completely disgruntled over the scale not moving and text him about my frustration. He simply wrote back that I am losing weight and look great and that I should never give up. He constantly tells me that I am beautiful and he's been commenting on how "skinny" getting. He knows it's important to me to do well, and he encourages me. He will go run on weekends if I want to and if we go out to eat or just out shopping and I say I really want something bad and sugary, he will be like, "You and me don't really need it." So we walk away from it. It really helps, because no telling how much I would eat otherwise.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    of course! If he didn't, he wouldn't be my husband!
  • Jesusinme4life
    Jesusinme4life Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Yes my husband is very supportive. He does like big women and is very happy with me just as I am. He does understand though that for my health and happiness that it is best for me to lose the weight and is doing all he can to support me. He won't give in to my pity parties and get me what I want. He encourages in me my exercise and will do it with me.
  • Sallycinnimon
    Sallycinnimon Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Not really. He's glad I'm losing, but he get's mad that my food costs more (because it's not junk), or when I have to buy some smaller clothes, he gets mad he has to wait on me. He also hates watching our son for an hour when I go for my run/walk. That one bugs the hell out of me,
  • ls_66
    ls_66 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I sometime feel powerless.... if she would only try.... anytime she has lost weight is because she was using those nasty diet pills... sometime I think white sugar is the real crack
  • IOWAlapbanderette
    IOWAlapbanderette Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    He considers the support of him taking the day off the day of my lapband surgery..
    that's about it, he doesn't work out with me, granted he doesn't stop me from working out, but sits and waits for me to be done..
    Once in a blue moon he'll be considerate when it's his night to cook..like baking my chicken while he fries his..

It's so frustrating, before I started this journey we sat down and he agreed to be there for me..
    he's there but just not for me, it's more about him..lol
  • NicolCook
    NicolCook Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Nope....although he has come around lately.

Think he figures he is wasting his time not supporting me when I've been at it this long...
  • Nos150
    Nos150 Posts: 150
    Options
    Nope he even taunts me. And makes a big deal that he is gonna eat that cookie. But I don’t really care tho cuz all the weight that I have lost he as gained :D.
  • regions02
    regions02 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! He's even lost some weight because even though he's not actually logging his calories!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I dont have a SO or other half to me, but I am blessed to have wonderful friends (even MFP family) and family who are absolutely amazing!!
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    My SO has always said he likes me the way I am (he's been trained well lol) but lately he's been asking about the nutritional values of the food I cook for us and has been recommending healthier restaurants for our nights out (few and far between though they are).

And then the kicker this morning - I skipped going to the gym last week because I've been really sick. This morning I figured I'd try getting up early and going in. I woke up before my early alarm and did NOT feel like getting up at 5am, so I picked up my cell phone and changed the alarm to my regular time. He rolls over and asks me if I just turned my alarm off (I didn't realize he was awake) and said I should go to the gym anyway. It was great to have someone else in the house to hold me accountable - I ended up doing a half gym session instead.

Now I just have to get him to join a gym! Probably not going to happen lol.
  • InvictusPheonix
    InvictusPheonix Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    he's got a body fat of basically nothing (And works out to the extreme). he appreciates my athleticism- but when i'm trying to get a little more "cut" he kinda slows me down- he likes my itty bit of belly "squish" and doesn't want it to go away
  • kemeko
    kemeko Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not. I know that men and women are hard wired differently but my husband should be the poster child of how not to act and what not to say for all men. His compliments are always insulting somehow, he belittles and watches what I buy and how much I eat of it and when I eat it. He implies that I eat all the time (which I kinda do since I eat 3 meals a day and snacks). He's been onto me to lose weight telling me how fat I am for a few years now but refuses to compliment me for losing (not that I want his compliments now). I have a very supportive sister though and that's all I need.

OMG... I know this man! Are you sure we're not married to the same guy? :tongue:
    I feel for you. I'm in a similar situation. MFP is all the support I need (for now).
  • sharonhauptman
    sharonhauptman Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    My partner just tells me I look fine as I am. That is ok with me. I would not respond well to someone telling me to eat this or that. On the other hand, I am a binger, and that is hard on a relationship
  • queennahs
    queennahs Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not. I know that men and women are hard wired differently but my husband should be the poster child of how not to act and what not to say for all men. His compliments are always insulting somehow, he belittles and watches what I buy and how much I eat of it and when I eat it. He implies that I eat all the time (which I kinda do since I eat 3 meals a day and snacks). He's been onto me to lose weight telling me how fat I am for a few years now but refuses to compliment me for losing (not that I want his compliments now). I have a very supportive sister though and that's all I need.

OMG... I know this man! Are you sure we're not married to the same guy? :tongue:
    I feel for you. I'm in a similar situation. MFP is all the support I need (for now).

Ummm... I've been there with someone like that many years ago. It did not end well. These are usually men who can't control their own lives, so they try to control yours through emotional (and in some cases worse) abuse. I hope you both know you are worth so much more than that. *hugs*