Does your half/wife/partner supports you?

Options
123457»

Replies

• melcpia
    melcpia Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    YES YES YES! My hubby does support me. It took some effort in the beginning to retrain him on how much I want/need to eat. When he saw me weighing and measuring things he started doing the same. He now asks if he's dished up too muh too little etc and slowly but surely he's eating more rabbit food (salads etc). I'd love for him to join me on MFP but it's something he needs to be ready for.

He loves my shrinking body but he loved it fat too...accepting me no matter what I look like!
  • abitzan
    abitzan Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    not really but he loves the benifits that he receives when I loose a couple of lbs and look great.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY!!! I don't get why some people don't support others in becoming a healthier version of themselves. It is downright ignorant and rude when they don't.
  • runwithmike
    Options
    Yes! We have a family membership, so the wife and kids are there too. They let me know I am fat all the time, so they are being supportive the best way they know how....telling it like it is! :)
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    He supports me by telling me how great I look and how proud of me he is. But his eating habits are horrible. I think he has put on what I've taken off. I guess the pictures in Hawaii this February will be tell-all. :)
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I don't haz one!!! :sad:

But if I did, he would be the exercising type...hopefully. :wink:
  • Maridelsol82
    Options
    My partner is supportive in the sense that he loves me and tells me I look great all the time. However, he always brings home junk food and candies which is a huge temptation to have to fight. Then he thinks his being nice and offers me some. Ive had to tell him not to offer me any. His skinny and eats whatever he wants/doesnt exercize most of the time and doesnt gain weight :(
    Things are changing though because I want to be healthier. I make healthy dinners and he will eat them without complaining. I have also motivated him to work out. Weve had good conversation about it though.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    nope-nada-zilch! But thank goodness for my MFP friends!
  • KeegansMomma
    Options
    Yes. He does. In fact, he's the one that inspired me to start working on ME! In the last 18 months, he's lost 65 pounds. And he's kept it off. He doesn't know it, but he's getting a punch card for our local rec center so he has a place to work out/walk on the colder days here (he has been going walking early in the mornings, but right now it's just too cold for him to). And once I quit keeping the little boy I'm babysitting, he and I will be able to workout together. :)
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by support? He doesn't tell me not to exercise, he looks after the children when I want to run at weekends. He has never said no don't, I want to do something else.

On the other hand, he's never actively encouraged me to either. Nor has he commented on my weight loss.