HONEY IS NOT VEGAN!!!

Options

Replies

• rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    Sick of veg*ns judging other veg*ns. Just sayin'.

I'm just sick of vegans.
    heh i was telling hubby about this thread, and he said the same thing
  • JerseyGirlHeart
    JerseyGirlHeart Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am not a vegan judging other vegans. I eat mostly vegan but...

:noway:

never said i was an actually vegan, did i? i just had an opinion and i shared it. i like vegan food, what can i say ;)
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I hate how paleo people use the internet and computers... and.... cars and stuff.

what does this even have to do with this thread?

paleo is, like, the anti-vegan. Paleo-ites believe that meat is murder... tasty, tasty murder.
  • JerseyGirlHeart
    Options

never said i was an actually vegan, did i? i just had an opinion and i shared it. i like vegan food, what can i say ;)
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    While I certainly see your point, and agree in the logic of it, all these labels of various forms of food-eating kind of drive me nuts, especially when someone is made to feel like they're not in the "cool club" any more because they bend one of the "rules." When I was vegan, I became afraid to tell anyone about it because I'd either get the "ew, why?" reaction or the "oh, well do you eat/use/wear _____? because that has ______ in it which is in some way derived from animals." And I was a total stickler about it, too, spending hours grocery-shopping so I could check labels, using the expensive-*kitten* vegan brands of cosmetics, etc. It got old.

So while you're technically right, I think we could all do a little more worrying about what's being put into our own bodies and less about what others are doing. I applaud anyone who makes any effort whatsoever to consume less animal products, they're doing a good thing.

Thank you. I just wanted to bring it up because I got a face palm when a vegan said they still eat honey. It's like a vegetarian saying they still eat fish. The eff?!

Unless they're a Pescatarian...then, they eat fish.
  • JerseyGirlHeart
    Options

I'm just sick of vegans.

i am sick of everyone. i DGAF what people eat, people are still disappointing.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options

Then this would appear to be an incendiary topic you are not qualified to start.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I'm just sick of vegans.

Why? Have you eaten a lot of them recently?
  • JerseyGirlHeart
    Options
    While I certainly see your point, and agree in the logic of it, all these labels of various forms of food-eating kind of drive me nuts, especially when someone is made to feel like they're not in the "cool club" any more because they bend one of the "rules." When I was vegan, I became afraid to tell anyone about it because I'd either get the "ew, why?" reaction or the "oh, well do you eat/use/wear _____? because that has ______ in it which is in some way derived from animals." And I was a total stickler about it, too, spending hours grocery-shopping so I could check labels, using the expensive-*kitten* vegan brands of cosmetics, etc. It got old.

So while you're technically right, I think we could all do a little more worrying about what's being put into our own bodies and less about what others are doing. I applaud anyone who makes any effort whatsoever to consume less animal products, they're doing a good thing.

Thank you. I just wanted to bring it up because I got a face palm when a vegan said they still eat honey. It's like a vegetarian saying they still eat fish. The eff?!

Unless they're a Pescatarian...then, they eat fish.

yes i know this, they can call themselves that, but not a vegetarian.
  • MrsCon40
    Options

I'm just sick of vegans.

You are rich.

You get on here and pass judgment on what vegans are allowed to eat yet you DGAF?

Hilar.

Disappointment, your name is Judgy McJudgerston
  • epona_mus
    epona_mus Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    It would be nice if "militant vegans" could become more tolerant of people who choose to use animal products, even in a limited and/or thoughtful fashion.

If everyone (like me) who is trying to reduce their consumption and use of animal products, but can't yet give up my coffee creamer and the occassional sushi outing, was met with acceptance and encouragement for doing what they *are* willing to do, instead of being b*tched out for using a lip gloss with beeswax in it, I think more people would be willing to try consuming less meat.

But instead of encouraging what us "jack-veg*ns" ARE doing, we are met with preaching - about the oppression of dairy cows that make our "almost non-dairy" creamer, even though the tiny bit of whey in my peppermint mocha coffee mate contributes to far less suffering than any non-organic fruit or vegetable does or a plastic bottle or about 100 other things that most of us use.

The fanatics obsession over minute quantities of non-vegan ingredients mocks real animal suffering... the kind that occurs when people are turned off by fanaticism and basically guarantees that those around us are not going to make any change at all.

So, feel free to take a dogmatic approach to all of it. By all means, preserve your personal dietary purity, but know that in doing so, you are turning people off to the idea that they can make many, really easy changes - like simply eating a meat free meal 1 day a week - that will ensure fewer animals are harmed. And in being puritanical (but HONEY FREE!!) you will hurt MORE animals, I guarantee it. To me, that is the ultimate "anti-vegan" AND anti-humanitarian act.
  • JerseyGirlHeart
    Options

i can start what ever i like to start. first amendment

Then this would appear to be an incendiary topic you are not qualified to start.
  • 16mixingbowls
    16mixingbowls Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but if you're doing this because of animals' feelings, you should eat MORE honey, as the bees are probably overjoyed that you enjoy their regurgitated nectar! Build their self-esteem though honey consumption. Plus, bears and other honey-loving animals will celebrate how similar you are, since food is something you easily use as an identifier. (Since you decide if a vegan is vegan-enough based upon honey consumption.) Oops, flaw in my logic: you wouldn't like a bear since it eats *gasp* meat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Furthermore, I believe that plants have feelings too, and recommend you stop using paper products since the poor trees got ground up to make that two-ply you just used.

Sorry if this is a flaming reply, but if you're as righteous to judge a person on their honey use, then you're mature enough to expect a reply of this manner when posting such superlative topics.
  • JerseyGirlHeart
    Options

I'm just sick of vegans.

listen buddy. we can go on and on with this. i said something i had on my mind, and you have your opinions and i have mine

You are rich.

You get on here and pass judgment on what vegans are allowed to eat yet you DGAF?

Hilar.

• sineadangele1
    sineadangele1 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    ANY ONMIVORES IN THE HOUSE??!! HOLLA!!!
  • MrsCon40
    Options

I'm just sick of vegans.

listen buddy. we can go on and on with this. i said something i had on my mind, and you have your opinions and i have mine

You are rich.

Hilar.

I am sorry, but my "buddies" know how to use the quote function and they don't pass judgement on things they don't have any clue about.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    It would be nice if "militant vegans" could become more tolerant of people who choose to use animal products, even in a limited and/or thoughtful fashion.

If everyone (like me) who is trying to reduce their consumption and use of animal products, but can't yet give up my coffee creamer and the occassional sushi outing, was met with acceptance and encouragement for doing what they *are* willing to do, instead of being b*tched out for using a lip gloss with beeswax in it, I think more people would be willing to try consuming less meat.

But instead of encouraging what us "jack-veg*ns" ARE doing, we are met with preaching - about the oppression of dairy cows that make our "almost non-dairy" creamer, even though the tiny bit of whey in my peppermint mocha coffee mate contributes to far less suffering than any non-organic fruit or vegetable does or a plastic bottle or about 100 other things that most of us use.

The fanatics obsession over minute quantities of non-vegan ingredients mocks real animal suffering... the kind that occurs when people are turned off by fanaticism and basically guarantees that those around us are not going to make any change at all.

So, feel free to take a dogmatic approach to all of it. By all means, preserve your personal dietary purity, but know that in doing so, you are turning people off to the idea that they can make many, really easy changes - like simply eating a meat free meal 1 day a week - that will ensure fewer animals are harmed. And in being puritanical (but HONEY FREE!!) you will hurt MORE animals, I guarantee it. To me, that is the ultimate "anti-vegan" AND anti-humanitarian act.

I agree 100%.
  • bens_momma
    Options
    I hate how paleo people use the internet and computers... and.... cars and stuff.

what does this even have to do with this thread?

paleo is, like, the anti-vegan. Paleo-ites believe that meat is murder... tasty, tasty murder.

Ahem.

They were pointing out how people who eat a paleo diet are trying to mimic the ways of their ancestors, and yet still use modern-day technology.

This is the same logic that some vegans often use when they criticize other vegans. If you're not doing it 100%, you're a failure and a fraud.

And that's absolute crap.
  • JerseyGirlHeart
    Options

I'm just sick of vegans.

You are rich.

Hilar.

I am sorry, but my "buddies" know how to use the quote function and they don't pass judgement on things they don't have any clue about.

GOD FORBID ME! I MESSED UP ON THE QUOTE FUNCTION! Practice what your preach on "judging people"
  • 16mixingbowls
    16mixingbowls Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    GOD FORBID ME! I MESSED UP ON THE QUOTE FUNCTION! Practice what your preach on "judging people"

I think the point is that YOU should not judge. It's okay, though, I just saw your profile and see that you're young and innocent. Save a copy of this thread to read again in a few years. You'll have a good laugh.
This discussion has been closed.