HONEY IS NOT VEGAN!!!

Options

Replies

• JerseyGirlHeart
    JerseyGirlHeart Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    i'd like some popcorn too, but i'd like mine steak flavoured.

this is fun.

Meat eater or not that still sounds terrible haha!
    To each is own!

This is fun. I agree.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Don't kid yourself... Canadian slaughterhouses are not better regulated. Animal cruelty is the norm, either side of the border.
    We generally get our beef from the farmer who raised the cow. And I was thinking more of the quality of animal products being sold. Canadian dairy cannot have antibiotics in it, for instance. I'm sure there are similarities, but from what I have looked up, Canadian food laws are stricter. FDA is a joke.

The whole point I had though was to shed light on the fact that people are more concerned about how an animal is used, instead of their own personal treatment of actual human beings. Whatever, I'm going to bed now.
  • twotoforty73
    twotoforty73 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I know a "vegan" who eats jello. I'm really not going to tell her what it's made of! LOL
  • JerseyGirlHeart
    Options
    Don't kid yourself... Canadian slaughterhouses are not better regulated. Animal cruelty is the norm, either side of the border.
    We generally get our beef from the farmer who raised the cow. And I was thinking more of the quality of animal products being sold. Canadian dairy cannot have antibiotics in it, for instance. I'm sure there are similarities, but from what I have looked up, Canadian food laws are stricter. FDA is a joke.

The whole point I had though was to shed light on the fact that people are more concerned about how an animal is used, instead of their own personal treatment of actual human beings. Whatever, I'm going to bed now.

I feel like I am more capable of giving love to animals than humans because humans do terrible terrible thing to each other, and to animals, but animals have no voice. That is why I am in an animal career field. I don't think most people deserve kindness, me included. Not afraid to admit that.
  • sineadangele1
    sineadangele1 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    *grabs more pocorn*

You are funny. I hate some popcorn today, it made me sick!

this whole thread is funny. and not in a good way but in a sad meaningless way. but its provided me with something to read to pass the time so thanks. HONEY RULES!! I'm bout to go fight poobear for jar....
  • JerseyGirlHeart
    Options
    I know a "vegan" who eats jello. I'm really not going to tell her what it's made of! LOL

Yeah, that again to me is ignorance on her part...
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    While I certainly see your point, and agree in the logic of it, all these labels of various forms of food-eating kind of drive me nuts, especially when someone is made to feel like they're not in the "cool club" any more because they bend one of the "rules." When I was vegan, I became afraid to tell anyone about it because I'd either get the "ew, why?" reaction or the "oh, well do you eat/use/wear _____? because that has ______ in it which is in some way derived from animals." And I was a total stickler about it, too, spending hours grocery-shopping so I could check labels, using the expensive-*kitten* vegan brands of cosmetics, etc. It got old.

So while you're technically right, I think we could all do a little more worrying about what's being put into our own bodies and less about what others are doing. I applaud anyone who makes any effort whatsoever to consume less animal products, they're doing a good thing.

^ this.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Arguing about honey? Seriously?Considering bees are in serious trouble, vegans SHOULD BE SUPPORTING bee keepers, not criticizing them
  • JerseyGirlHeart
    Options
    *grabs more pocorn*

You are funny. I hate some popcorn today, it made me sick!

this whole thread is funny. and not in a good way but in a sad meaningless way. but its provided me with something to read to pass the time so thanks. HONEY RULES!! I'm bout to go fight poobear for jar....

Yes it is sad, the fact everything is always an argument with people. And you might find it meaningless, I find it educational.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I just wanted to bring it up because I got a face palm when a vegan said they still eat honey. It's like a vegetarian saying they still eat fish. The eff?!

The proper term for this would be "Pescatarian" of which I was for a while.
  • jeepzilla
    Options
    Thank god i'm not a vegan i would probably be mad for not being able to eat honey!!! Meat the other tastey vegie!!!!
  • JerseyGirlHeart
    Options
    Arguing about honey? Seriously?Considering bees are in serious trouble, vegans SHOULD BE SUPPORTING bee keepers, not criticizing them

Good point, I know there is a honey bee crisis, one of my points being we shouldn't be "farming" them for their honey and human consumption, but for population growth to release populations back into the wild, not keeping them in a enclosure their whole life.
  • sineadangele1
    sineadangele1 Posts: 97 Member
    Options

I feel like I am more capable of giving love to animals than humans because humans do terrible terrible thing to each other, and to animals, but animals have no voice. That is why I am in an animal career field. I don't think most people deserve kindness, me included. Not afraid to admit that.

watch animal planet for a day....animals do some terrible stuff to eachother too. just sayin. when people act all crazy they are called animals for a reason...
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    This is relevant why?
  • JerseyGirlHeart
    Options

watch animal planet for a day....animals do some terrible stuff to eachother too. just sayin. when people act all crazy they are called animals for a reason...

Clever.
  • JerseyGirlHeart
    Options

Clever.

Let me elaborate actually. Humans kill mostly for greed. Animals kill for survival. Humans rape, and torture, and have a constant need for control and power over another.
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Yeah you don't get to call yourself vegan if you eat honey.

p.s. I'm not vegan nor vegetarian :) flame on!
  • JerseyGirlHeart
    Options
    Yeah you don't get to call yourself vegan if you eat honey.

p.s. I'm not vegan nor vegetarian :) flame on!

"Like Button"
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options

Good point, I know there is a honey bee crisis, one of my points being we shouldn't be "farming" them for their honey and human consumption, but for population growth to release populations back into the wild, not keeping them in a enclosure their whole life.

Bee keeping is a pretty benign way of helping farmers increase the biodiversity of their farms etc... bees are not in any cage. They could up and leave (aka move) at any time.
  • JerseyGirlHeart
    Options

Bee keeping is a pretty benign way of helping farmers increase the biodiversity of their farms etc... bees are not in any cage. They could up and leave (aka move) at any time.

Any honey productions I have seen have always been covered. But then again I am not a bee keeping expert.
This discussion has been closed.