BLACK TEAM CHALLENGE WEEK 9

Options

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Well...this one time, at bandcamp.

:wink: Just kidding! I did, however, meet my husband at bandcamp so things got interesting. :laugh: We're such dorks.

Did you play the flute? :huh:

Ummm...yes. Why do you ask? :huh:

:laugh:

I just want to know what instrument your husband played? :huh:

He "played" the trumpet...which I broke his senior year. Oops!

My hubs was also a theatre/music/band *kitten* (sorry...we called them *kitten* back in our day) who was also the quarterback of the football team. He played the trumpet, too.... go figure.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah! They're the best! Guilt free!

Oh, and p.s. I managed to stay away from the GS Cookies. Why in the heck did I buy those things to begin with?! Stupid stupid.

who can afford the stupid girl scout cookies at flippin' $4 a box, or whatever the heck they charge....(enter Old lady Marla)....back in MY day, we sold them for $.50 a box, the boxes were bigger and the cookies better.

Whippersnappers.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

Oh, and p.s. I managed to stay away from the GS Cookies. Why in the heck did I buy those things to begin with?! Stupid stupid.

who can afford the stupid girl scout cookies at flippin' $4 a box, or whatever the heck they charge....(enter Old lady Marla)....back in MY day, we sold them for $.50 a box, the boxes were bigger and the cookies better.

Whippersnappers.
    Back in my day we'd walk 190 miles in 40 feet of snow, barefoot in the middle of the night and buy em' for a nickel & then walk the other direction the next day uphill backwards and sell them for a dime!!!:noway: :tongue: :laugh:

Actually I read in one of the GS cookie threads some were sharing they cost $7 in their area!!:huh: :noway: :glasses: Plus back in my day they'd give us a ride home in one of the covered wagon's they don't do that NOWADAYS:noway: :grumble: :huh:

:tongue:
    ah think it's time for bed!:blushing:

How is it Marla that you and I are still up and the Whippersnappers as you call the youngin's are all tucked cozy in their beds? Ohhhhhh that's right, Zeke'll be up in a few hours.....:noway: :yawn:

Happy trails until I stop back all my Way Cool Black Team Peeps!!!:wink::bigsmile:

FC:heart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

All you folks with little ones ... we really didn't get out and do much when the girls were little. Getting a babysitter every once in a while is a great thing to do so you can get out and remember who that person is that you are married to ... and one day before you know it they'll be all grown up and you can go out and kick up your heels! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I wish I had found dancing long ago ... it is such fun! I think it is just way cool that you took tap & jazz all that time, Andrew ... you will be all set for when you guys want to go dancing!

Doug & I were just talking about what we'll be doing in 20 years when none of them live here any more. :laugh: One good bonus about cramming them all together in age...they'll all be out of the house at the same time! Although, I'm sure I'll be :sad: for a few days...weeks...okay, okay, YEARS once they are gone, at least I'll be able to go out & do things without worrying about losing someone! LOL

Can we please can the "when our kids are out of the house" talk for the night? Since I won't be young enough to enjoy much of anything when my last little bird leaves the nest, I'd like to change the topic to something a bit more enjoyable....like root canals.

Thanks for ruining my good mood. :wink:
    :laugh: :laugh: gotta love a good root canal story!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :sad: :laugh: :laugh: You're killin me here Marla!:tongue:

FC:heart:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Sam- Theatre Geek....lol.I was the ultimate theatre geek so I cant talk.. Shows I have been in....Funny Girl, Gypsy, Cabaret, Guys and Dolls, Man of Lamancha, Camelot, West Side Story. Chorus President in highschool. (8 different choirs). District, All-state and All-eastern confrence choirs. Music Education Major in college (Until I realized I hated teaching and dropped out. lol) Even spent a couple of weeks in eastern europe on a choir tour. .My wife and I met in chorus (She was a chorus AND orchestra geek.) Ok, now I can go back to being a tough Dude. So who wants to talk about cars and ultimate fighting?

I think I went to high school with you... :laugh: I was a band geek myself & was in some productions our tiny little school put on (but I was mainly a dancer & a "choir" member). The eastern Europe tour?! I turned that down like an idiot! The Ohio Ambassadors for Music invited me to go my junior year but I spaced out & turned it down. I don't like to have "regrets" in life, but this is at the TOP of that list. Stupid 16 year old girl I was. :grumble:

Cars & ultimate fighting *snicker* You're hilarious.
  • 3babybeans
    Options

Whippersnappers.

My 5yo blonde haired, blue eyed neice looked at me lovingly & asked Aunt Sara if she could help support the organization. I couldn't turn it down. She hustled me. :sad:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options

Whippersnappers.

My 5yo blonde haired, blue eyed neice looked at me lovingly & asked Aunt Sara if she could help support the organization. I couldn't turn it down. She hustled me. :sad:

Girlscouts=EVIL. lol especially the little blonde haired blue eyed ones. I have to admit that I was jelious as you read off the list of yummy cookies. hmmmmmmmmmmm peanut butter patties.mmmmmmmmm.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    well I see black team young ens had a nice chat whilst this ol lady slept...I feel very left out.

OH WAIT!!!!!!!!!! I slept!!!!!!!! WOO HOOO!! having not done that for over a week I forgot how good it feels!!:drinker:
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Hmmm I was just thinking the other day that Im sure glad I havent seen any GS outside of the stores selling those evil cookies:devil: I havent had a GS cookie in years! But they are ohhhh so gooood:grumble: Stay away from here!!:laugh:
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    well I see black team young ens had a nice chat whilst this ol lady slept...I feel very left out.

OH WAIT!!!!!!!!!! I slept!!!!!!!! WOO HOOO!! having not done that for over a week I forgot how good it feels!!:drinker:

So glad you got a good nights sleep!:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

So glad you got a good nights sleep!:flowerforyou:

Thanks Roni! I cant believe how good I feel after a full nights sleep. whew!:flowerforyou:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    WOW - you night owls are just too much for me.. I was so under the sandman's rule after all that sushi last night (and the glass of wine probably helped - such a lightweight anymore).

Jeannie - way to go on the sleep last night..

Sara - I hear you on the blond haired blue-eyed niece.. tough to resist. Cookies are good, but the price has gotten out of hand and the packaging leaves little room for actual cookies. Better for us I suppose as we can't eat as many per box :laugh: :laugh: . I was a GS, brownie through Seniors and was a leader for a couple of years - cookie season was always the hardest..

Andrew, Sara, Tresa - wow,, we have a lot of talent on this team - very impressive..I love music and singing, but mostly get asked to stop whenever others are around :ohwell: :ohwell:

Andrew - I think it is quite well-rounded of you to have all that music and theater experience and still have all the he-man stuff as well. Your wife is indeed a lucky woman..

Marla - I'm with you on root canal.. they have pretty good stuff these days so the pain is really non-existent - not much to help with the emotional pain yet..

Lori - sorry to hear about the overage yesterday, but you are a serious player here, I'm sure you will make up for those calories in no time.. hugs to you {{{{{{Lori}}}}}}. I've been over the past couple of days as well (by a good 500 calories on Friday) so I'm right there with you.. thought I was being really good yesterday with the sushi - guess it pays to log prior to eating :ohwell: :ohwell:

Elizabeth - "backwards uphill the next day" - you crack me up - so glad you decided to join us

Roni - hope you continue to miss the GS booths - they are just evil..

Queen Jillian Sam - Madison sounds like a blast - something different everyday.. when you are running, do you ever imagine you are running away from your boss? Might increase the intensity - LOL - not that you need to..:noway: :noway:

I'm going to get a 30-Day shred in today, and a bunch of homework for a couple of classes I am taking at the end of March.. We are settling in here in CT for a nasty storm tonight into tomorrow.. I guess most of you have seen or will see the same storm - although it is coming up the shore, so those of you in Michigan and more central will likely miss.. DH is out at the grocery store with the rest of the crazy's who are stocking up on bottled water and canned food.. Unfortunate timing for our weekly shopping trip..

Have a great day all my Black Team friends..

janie
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    My hubs was also a theatre/music/band *kitten* (sorry...we called them *kitten* back in our day) who was also the quarterback of the football team. He played the trumpet, too.... go figure.

My hubs played the trumpet too.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I tried to learn the flute when I hit 45. My husband would come into the room and say....ooooh that was pretty, what song was that.

I would say B A G BB AA GG :laugh:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Queen Jillian Sam - Madison sounds like a blast - something different everyday.. when you are running, do you ever imagine you are running away from your boss? Might increase the intensity - LOL - not that you need to..:noway: :noway:

No I picture her in front of me and I'm trying to bull doze her over like a football player during practice on those things the coach stands on.:laugh: :laugh:

Speaking of jobs hubs has heard that we are getting taken over by a new company. I hope so, cause maybe they will ask the hourly employees about the management!! He also heard that the executive committee has 30 days from wednesday to pack up all their stuff and head out. The only bad thing about this is that he heard that housekeeping is going to be ousted and that is the department my mom works in. Keep your fingers crossed that they don't do that.
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    How's everyone's day going? Almost time for lunch and then off to the gym. Trying to make it to the gym all 7 days this week. 4 down 3 to go! Anyway talk to you all soon!

:drinker:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Okay I have my three new things. Two I liked one...not so much. I loved the Mutli Grain Cereal Bars and today I did a 45 minute rowing workout. I loved it! I also tried the stairmaster thingy and didn't like it so much, made my knees hurt. So there we have it...thanks for the challenge Lori.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Tennis was a blast. Took some nerve after watching my buddy play for an hour. Did a walk around the courts, did jump ups each time I came upon steps. Was sorry I made that promise the 2nd time around.:noway: ! But did it.

Then I hit shots back to my friend. She was very sweet and fun about it. I know she was tired from her 1 hour training session, but she took 20 min to hit shots to me. And you know what? I think I can play this game!!

So gonna try again next week.

So for my 3 things

1. Tennis
    2. Jump squats
    3. sweet potato
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Jeannie's ticker says 30#! YAY! BTW...OH EM GEE, sweet taters ROCK! I love the things! And I'm glad we can still be friends since you liked tennis. :bigsmile:

I just tried a new thing! YAY! I'm in the middle of baking bread & was thinking of something new to do that didn't include "no mayo"...I thought to myself, "Hey, self! You haven't tried REAL pushups in a loooong time! Hit the deck!" So I did! I just cranked out 10 boyish pushups! They were slow & they were painful, but I did it! WOO HOO! Strength training really is paying off!

I just tried something new in my herbal tea, too! THIS thing:

blue_agave_oasis.jpg

that is THEN turned into THIS thing:

161572.JPG

SO good! It is a low-glycemic sweetener & is 1.25 x sweeter than sugar so you can use less in all applications (like baking & in my tea). Delicious!

Go me! :drinker: Heck, go US! :drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Oh, thank you............ I was jumping up and down cuz I didnt know what it turned into!!!

And THANKS for the shout out!!

30 pounds gone forever. Dont care where they are, dont never wanna see em agin!!
    ( I am less that 1 point away from a healthy BMI!!)