BLACK TEAM CHALLENGE WEEK 9

Options

Replies

• lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Hello from the hotel room in Loverly Alliance Ohio! :laugh: The good news is that there is a huge fridge and a microwave in the room, and my room is like, one minute from the store, so I will be able to NOT dine out the entire week. Made a quick trip to Walmart and picked up all the foods that I love. I also brought my rice steamer so if I get the need for protein I can get some fish from wally world and steam it if I need to. Lucky for me I don't eat much meat or hot foods, so this isn't going to be that difficult. Also, I only work til 5, so starting tomorrow I am going to hit the treadmill every single day. I've been up since 5am so it's not happenin' today. Hopefully I'll catch up here on the thread after I get a lil nappie poo

Lynnie
    the girl who worked harrrdd today
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    My HRM went BONKERS today. It had my highest heart rate at 221 bpm.

While I was running the machine and watch were bouncing around like lunatics. I use this machine all the time and have never had a problem. It's a POLAR compatible machine.

Anyway, today the machine would read 194 and my watch would read 134. Then my watch would read 221 and the machine would read 116. It was BIZARRE.

Regardless I know how much I normally burn doing the workout I did so I entered past calorie counts instead of the watches calorie count. It also smartened up when I moved away from the machine so I think there was something funky going on with the treadmill.

In other news, I had to run a block and a half yesterday and I did it without panting, or feeling sore, or ANYTHING. It was FANTABULOUS. So proud of me. GO ME!

I guess the whole running randomly down the street thing would be another new thing for me. Hah.

Going out with that boy again tonight. He's cooking dinner so I don't know how I'm going to log calories for this one. Haha.

Hope you girls are well...
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Nicky - "that boy" LMBO! You sound so affectionate. :laugh: Good job on randomly running down the street. Was there a particular reason or were you just moved by Lori's challenge? :huh:

Janie - Sorry about the snow & the swimming! That sucks! I hope you make it through the night without harming your calories!

Bobbi - In the summer, I'm coming to your house for a pool party. :bigsmile:

Lynnie - I had to google map Alliance, Ohio. :laugh: I was hoping it was near here & we could do lunch, alas the Akron area is a little too far that. I'm glad you're well prepared for this business trip! YAY!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Hey gang--

My HRM is on its way, supposedly. Come on eBay seller!!!

I also bought a jumprope and I'm buying a kitchen food scale....that completes my three things.

Crazy, nutty day....no time to tarry. Must exercise before resuming my evening typing. I think I'm gonna hit the step aerobics one more night...oh! That makes four new things-- my 12 inch step...ha.... And then switch to something else tomorrow-- trying to shake up the muscle memory and all that jazz. Don't think the scale is budging....but, whaddyagonnado???

Later, dudes!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Marla - target.com $20 food scale. It works great & is nice & small to tuck into a drawer when not in use!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Okay, now I can't find the blood thing on their website & I just bought it 2 weeks ago!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I ordered one online from Walmart-- they'll ship it to my local store. Thanks, Mrs. Beans.
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Lynnie - I had to google map Alliance, Ohio. I was hoping it was near here & we could do lunch, alas the Akron area is a little too far that. I'm glad you're well prepared for this business trip! YAY!

Aw shucks I was hoping for a home cooked meal with the beans. hahahah
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Just popping in to say hello-

Sam and Sarah-Riley and Aiden love running around naked. Silly kids. They never tell us either I always just see aiden's skinny little butt and riley's big ol chubby by go running by.

Lynne- I am glad your hotel has some things to help you stay in line =). The hotel I was in for the opening had THE worst fitness room I have ever seen. So bad that I would say it hindered my ability to excersice. Might as well have been a room full of broken glass and rabid wolverines.

Marla- How is my favorite sponge?!

Everyone else...Have a great night and get ready for your last chance workout tommorow!!!!

:bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Might as well have been a room full of broken glass and rabid wolverines.

I don't know, Andrew. Broken glass & rabid wolverines sure would make me run pretty fast! :laugh:

Speaking of naked kids, we have speech therapy this morning & I've already been battling Micah for an HOUR to get pants on! Lovely.

LAST CHANCE WORKOUT! Let's get those bodies moving!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Does Bobbi have this next week's challenge or is it Sam? Just curious so I know who to look for posting the new thread tonight or tomorrow morning!
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Does Bobbi have this next week's challenge or is it Sam? Just curious so I know who to look for posting the new thread tonight or tomorrow morning!

I think it is Bobbi..

home with 2 cabin fever kids and a 90 minute delay - trying to hold rational teleconferences from home - sounds something like this:

"So I think it would be best to target Southeast Asia for our latest round of osteoarthritis clinical trials - HAVE YOU BRUSHED YOUR HAIR YET, THE BUS WILL BE HERE IN 10 MINUTES" - OYY!!

more later..
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I need to get in a last chance workout.

After working out, I have to get to the bank and the store. I gotta buy some weird fruit or veggie to try. I only did 2 new things so far and I can't fail my own challenge. :laugh:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    My new things so far have been running 4 miles on the treadmill, buying running shorts that are oh so comfy and trying out this new trick so I don't get an awful rash from running in said shorts! :blushing: :blushing: Deodorant so works!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :laugh: :laugh:

It's not me with the next challenge.

:angry: GET TO THOSE LAST CHANCE WORKOUTS!!!!:noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    :angry: GET TO THOSE LAST CHANCE WORKOUTS!!!!:noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yes, Queen Jillian Sam.
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I tried to get in a last chance workout but ended up in too much pain to continue.

:grumble:

Dunno what's wrong with my stomach but wish it would work itself out.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Yeppers I have it!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I just got my "for realsies" thrid new thing! I bought a power yoga dvd at the grocery store & I am SO excited to try it when the monsters go down for their naps! WOoooo HOOOO!!!

1. Agave nectar as a sugar substitute
    2. Plank pushups (I did 10, thankyouverymuch)
    3. Power Yoga with Denise Austin...or Yoga Burn...or Painful Yoga...whatever.
    4. No mayo sonic burger (It IS an accomplishment for me! :laugh:)
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I tried to get in a last chance workout but ended up in too much pain to continue.

:grumble:

Dunno what's wrong with my stomach but wish it would work itself out.

Is it stomach cramps or the feeling of vomitting? Intestinal cramps? Hmmm...
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Yeppers I have it!

Be kind. :flowerforyou: