BLACK TEAM CHALLENGE WEEK 9

Options

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I am getting some this week. I really need to get off the sweet and low and equal.
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Yea! I'm glad everybody likes the challenge. I hadn't been able to think of one until now and I hoped people thought it was a good one.

I am going to do the Biggest Loser workout again today. :grumble: I really don't WANT to but I know it'll help losen up my muscles and I need to work out today anyway. Bah!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I am getting some this week. I really need to get off the sweet and low and equal.

It nearly tastes like a mixture between honey & molasses. Very good stuff. My friend found it in the health food/organic department at the grocery store! I think you'll like it a lot!

Lori - Have fun with that! I did the BL Cardio dvd a couple times & decided I didn't like it. I need rhythm & it was irritating me. I'm touchy. :bigsmile:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    I hope A turns out some what like M!! Today she has been playing with this bouncy ball and pink shovel and about an hour a go she named them. The ball is Ian princess ball and the shovel is ella shovel princess!! I have one strange kid. She has also been dressed like this for the last 4 months. We try to not let her wear it outside but sometimes I just have to let her.
    DSC04454.jpgDSC04450.jpg
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Looks like delusions of grandeur-- :wink:

Kiddie therapy-- quick. :laugh:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Sam - I guess I wouldn't worry unless she starts demanding unreasonable things..

Jeannie - great job with the tennis - I love it too, and if it would just stop snowing...:explode: :explode: - sorry the rant got away from me - I am so ready for spring and we are getting around a foot of snow tonight - just so wrong..

Sara - thanks for the tip - I also need to get off the splenda, I think it makes me sick.. this sounds like a good place to start - :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Andrew - 7 days at the gym - you go dude.!!. you're an animal...

Bobbi - way to go with the challenge - I don't think I would like the stairmaster either - but I guess I could try..

Lori - great challenge - still working on #3

Here is what I have so far:

1. rowing machine in the gym - not nearly as scary as I thought.
    2. new recipe from Cooking Light - Roasted Tilapia with Orange-Parsley Salsa - pretty yummy!! - will post on recipes
    3. still working on this, but anxious to try a couple of the yoga moves on wii fit that I haven't tried before.

My husband just got hooked on The Amazing Race - normally hates reality shows as a matter of principle, but got hooked one night while I was watching.. I think it was the bungee jumping that got him..

Looks like we will all be home from work/school tomorrow as they are predicting 10-16 inches of snow tonight into tomorrow afternoon. Oh goody, a "work from home" day with the kids and DH (same difference).. :laugh: :laugh: Telecom meetings get challenging - all that muting and unmuting..

So, so, so ready for spring - darn groundhog..

janie
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Oh, Sam, she's SO cute! I love the pics! 4 months of the cinderella costume, though. You are a MUCH better mommy than me. I would have burned it by now. :laugh:

Janie - Good luck dealing with the kids & DH today! I hope the snow didn't get too out of control!
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Jeannie's ticker says 30#! YAY! BTW...OH EM GEE, sweet taters ROCK! I love the things! And I'm glad we can still be friends since you liked tennis. :bigsmile:

I just tried a new thing! YAY! I'm in the middle of baking bread & was thinking of something new to do that didn't include "no mayo"...I thought to myself, "Hey, self! You haven't tried REAL pushups in a loooong time! Hit the deck!" So I did! I just cranked out 10 boyish pushups! They were slow & they were painful, but I did it! WOO HOO! Strength training really is paying off!

I just tried something new in my herbal tea, too! THIS thing:

blue_agave_oasis.jpg

that is THEN turned into THIS thing:

161572.JPG

SO good! It is a low-glycemic sweetener & is 1.25 x sweeter than sugar so you can use less in all applications (like baking & in my tea). Delicious!

Go me! :drinker: Heck, go US! :drinker:

Sara-Ive been meaning to get off my sweetner as well! Ive heard the Agave nectar is the way to go...they sell it at my local grocery store,i will try it! And WTG on the Pushups..:flowerforyou:

Sam-My DD had that same cinderella costume...don't worry,it will eventually be to little for
    them. :drinker:

Janie- I :heart: the Amazing Race...been watching it for years, DH and i watch it together after the kids go to bed. We also watch survivor...im a reality junkie:embarassed:

Andrew-Great Job with your workouts!

Jeannie- Awesome job with the tennis...my DH is trying to get me into tennis, we may start playing together when the weather warms up. there is park thats close by that has a tennis court right next to a playground so the kids can play while we play!

Hey to everybody I missed...looks like everybody is doing great! :drinker: GO BLACK TEAM :drinker:
  • loreeb18
    Options
    I made it through yesterday without binging or going over my calories. Yea! One day down. :laugh:

Dave and I did the Biggest Loser workout yesterday (his 2nd new thing too). We were both dying. But I feel much less sore today. We have a split entry and it was so bad that I spent yesterday walking down the stairs backwards. Dave said he's gonna do the workout again today so he doesn't end up as sore as I've been.
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Sam-My DD had that same cinderella costume...don't worry,it will eventually be to little for
    them. :drinker:
    Then she will demand a new one that fits. It could be a couple of years before it's to small.
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Oh, Sam, she's SO cute! I love the pics! 4 months of the cinderella costume, though. You are a MUCH better mommy than me. I would have burned it by now. :laugh:

Well it's this blue one and the pink aurora dress that I had to alter because it had long sleeves and she said it itched. abd she didn't like the puffy part to it either. :grumble: :noway: :laugh:

Yeah first thing it the morning. I want to put my dress on. my princess dress!! M why don't you try something else to day? NO MAMMA I WANT MY PRINCESS DRESS!!!!:sad: :sad: :noway: :noway:

Could imagine what would happen if I burned it! I would have to hear her shrill all day long!! YOU THREW AWAY MY DRESS!!! :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Mommy didn't throw it away, the gasoline just HAPPENED to fall on it & the match just ACCIDENTLY landed in its general direction. :wink:

We all pick our battles. I completely underdstand. The boys often don't wear pants around the house for that very reason. :bigsmile:

Hey, Amelia! Good luck finding the agave nectar at the store! Good to see you around!

Lori - down the stairs backwards sounds hilarious. :laugh: How's Dave's foot doing?
  • loreeb18
    Options
    Mommy didn't throw it away, the gasoline just HAPPENED to fall on it & the match just ACCIDENTLY landed in its general direction. :wink:

We all pick our battles. I completely underdstand. The boys often don't wear pants around the house for that very reason. :bigsmile:

Hey, Amelia! Good luck finding the agave nectar at the store! Good to see you around!

Lori - down the stairs backwards sounds hilarious. :laugh: How's Dave's foot doing?

Dave's foot is feeling better, except the days that the dogs stomp on it. Eh, what are you gonna do?

Sam - Too cute! Dave can't wait until Harley is old enough for princess stuff. We already say that I am going to come home one day to see Dave sitting cross-legged on the floor wearing a tiara and pearl earrings, drinking fake tea with his pinkie up. :laugh: I can't wait!
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    We all pick our battles. I completely underdstand. The boys often don't wear pants around the house for that very reason.

M likes to be Nakey. "MAMMA CAN I BE NAKEY?"
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    We all pick our battles. I completely underdstand. The boys often don't wear pants around the house for that very reason.

M likes to be Nakey. "MAMMA CAN I BE NAKEY?"

No one even ASKS here! all of a sudden, I just see naked butts streaking by me. :laugh: "Mommy! We're naked! Don't worry! I put our clothes down the chute!" Well thank goodness. They WERE a bit dirty from the 1/2 hour you wore them. *eye roll* Kids are so goofy. I have to admit that I would probably either wear a princess dress or my birthday suit all day long if I could. the UPS guy would be confused either way. :noway:
  • janiebeth
    Options
    Hey gang,

Amelia - glad to see you.. I'm not quite up for Survivor yet, but the kids watch an animated show on Cartoon Network that is a Survivor rip off. It is produced in Canada, so we don't get it until the season is over and we are currently between seasons. It was called "Total Drama Island" last season, and is called "Total Drama Action" this season. It was awesome last season, had all the characters you are liable to see on Survivor - very funny.. Can catch some of the episodes on youtube if you search. The new season does not seem as funny to me, but the kids roar..

Sam - tough fighting the clothes battles, but I guess it could be worse.. I have one approaching teenage years and so far she does not "get" the whole goth thing.. holding my breath..

Sara - I am with you, but for me it would be sweats or nakey - depending on the season - and yes, it would be tough for the UPS guy either way..:noway: :noway:

Lori - way to go on the Biggest Loser workout.. I am still on Level 1 of 30-Day shred and there are still days it makes me cry.. not ready to move up yet.. Walking backwards down the stairs is a very funny visual image.. sorry, hope you are feeling better soon.

Shout outs to all my other friends.. Hope things are going well..

janie
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Hello to all my Teammates!:bigsmile:
    I giggle at all those princesses and streaker stories, you all are crackin me up:wink: Love to read about your little ones.

How's everyone doing today? Food has been good, heading out for a workout before to long, looking forward to it, I'm lost on my rest days from the gym.:blushing: :tongue:

Catch up a bit later my friends,
    FC:heart:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Sam...she's adorable
  • janiebeth
    Options
    OK, I had my "EUREKA!" moment for today.. I have been beating myself up because I havn't been able to continue through the first circuit of Level 1 30-Day Shred.

Come on folks - Level 1 - first circuit (not even 5 minutes and I am toast).

But then I cruise through the other 2 circuits with no problem..

Here it is - the eureka moment -- ready?? - I need more warm up!!! Such a simple thing, but it had eluded me all week.. Next time I will try some step or jogging prior to shredding.. I guess an old bod needs a bit more warming up prior to hitting the push ups and jumping jacks..

I'll let you know how it goes later this week.

I now have my 3 new things for this challenge (whew!!):

1. rowing machine at the gym
    2. new recipe from Cooking Light
    3. 2 new strength exercises from Wii fit. Tonight I tried "rowing squats" and "single leg twist".

I am however, disappointed because I burned way less calories than I would have if I had swum. We are not venturing out to the pool because of the snow.. 10 inches and still coming down.. Will do a light dinner and much green tea

Rumble, rumble tummy..

janie
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    OK, I had my "EUREKA!" moment for today.. I have been beating myself up because I havn't been able to continue through the first circuit of Level 1 30-Day Shred.

Come on folks - Level 1 - first circuit (not even 5 minutes and I am toast).

But then I cruise through the other 2 circuits with no problem..

Here it is - the eureka moment -- ready?? - I need more warm up!!! Such a simple thing, but it had eluded me all week.. Next time I will try some step or jogging prior to shredding.. I guess an old bod needs a bit more warming up prior to hitting the push ups and jumping jacks..

I'll let you know how it goes later this week.

I now have my 3 new things for this challenge (whew!!):

1. rowing machine at the gym
    2. new recipe from Cooking Light
    3. 2 new strength exercises from Wii fit. Tonight I tried "rowing squats" and "single leg twist".

I am however, disappointed because I burned way less calories than I would have if I had swum. We are not venturing out to the pool because of the snow.. 10 inches and still coming down.. Will do a light dinner and much green tea

Rumble, rumble tummy..

janie

Way to go Janie. Just be patient and it will happen. I would rather be swimming my calories off, that will happen this summer.

I tried the Biggest Winner Shape Up Front with Jillian tonight. Oh My Goodness! Kicked my butt, loved it.

Here in my part of Ohio we had the temperatures for snow but got nothing. Daughter in Atlanta got 2 inhes. Go figure.