BLACK TEAM CHALLENGE WEEK 9

Options

Replies

• 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    My new things so far have been running 4 miles on the treadmill, buying running shorts that are oh so comfy and trying out this new trick so I don't get an awful rash from running in said shorts! :blushing: :blushing: Deodorant so works!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :laugh: :laugh:

It's not me with the next challenge.

:angry: GET TO THOSE LAST CHANCE WORKOUTS!!!!:noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

FOUR miles! You rock, woman! WTG! I'm glad that the deoderant trick works. I'm hoping to start running when it isn't 2 degrees outside & I need pointers like that! :laugh:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Hey gang! Hope you are all having a terrific Tuesday!

Not looking forward to weighing in...not only have I come up on the p-word, but TOM is approaching. It's going to be U-G-L-Y. Sorry, kids. Still plan on kicking my own rear at step class tonight. Maybe switching things up will help. Who knows?

Sam, Sara, and Andrew- We don't have any kids of our own yet, but I can definitely remember my little sister always wanting to run around naked when she was that age. Shoot, she would rather be naked now and she is 20!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I need to get in a last chance workout.

After working out, I have to get to the bank and the store. I gotta buy some weird fruit or veggie to try. I only did 2 new things so far and I can't fail my own challenge. :laugh:

Asparagus? Starfruit? Mango? Leeks?
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I tried to get in a last chance workout but ended up in too much pain to continue.

:grumble:

Dunno what's wrong with my stomach but wish it would work itself out.

Uh-oh-- didn't "that boy" cook for you? Maybe it's food poisoning. :wink:
  • Marla64
    Options
    My new things so far have been running 4 miles on the treadmill, buying running shorts that are oh so comfy and trying out this new trick so I don't get an awful rash from running in said shorts! :blushing: :blushing: Deodorant so works!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :laugh: :laugh:

It's not me with the next challenge.

:angry: GET TO THOSE LAST CHANCE WORKOUTS!!!!:noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

No way-- deodorant, huh? All these years I could have avoided the discomfort!!!

My dream some day is to have thighs that actually DON'T rub together.
  • 3babybeans
    Options

Not looking forward to weighing in...not only have I come up on the p-word, but TOM is approaching. It's going to be U-G-L-Y. Sorry, kids. Still plan on kicking my own rear at step class tonight. Maybe switching things up will help. Who knows?

Sam, Sara, and Andrew- We don't have any kids of our own yet, but I can definitely remember my little sister always wanting to run around naked when she was that age. Shoot, she would rather be naked now and she is 20!

TOM sucks! I was planning on making the same appologies tonight after Bobbi posted the new thread. Stupid stupid TOM. :grumble:

If you are at a p-word, though, I honest to goodness suggest the food shock method. It has worked twice for me! The feeling the next day is horrible, but it gets the scale a movin'! *hugs* We love you no matter what the scale says, Shuntae!

Oh, and I feel for your sister. If I could just stay home by myself all day long, well, let's just say the curtains would be closed. :laugh:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Just popping in to say hello-

Sam and Sarah-Riley and Aiden love running around naked. Silly kids. They never tell us either I always just see aiden's skinny little butt and riley's big ol chubby by go running by.

Lynne- I am glad your hotel has some things to help you stay in line =). The hotel I was in for the opening had THE worst fitness room I have ever seen. So bad that I would say it hindered my ability to excersice. Might as well have been a room full of broken glass and rabid wolverines.

Marla- How is my favorite sponge?!

Everyone else...Have a great night and get ready for your last chance workout tommorow!!!!

:bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker:

Hey you Andrew-- doin' okay, thanks-- feeling much better without the water-- go figure.
  • Marla64
    Options

TOM sucks! I was planning on making the same appologies tonight after Bobbi posted the new thread. Stupid stupid TOM. :grumble:

If you are at a p-word, though, I honest to goodness suggest the food shock method. It has worked twice for me! The feeling the next day is horrible, but it gets the scale a movin'! *hugs* We love you no matter what the scale says, Shuntae!

Oh, and I feel for your sister. If I could just stay home by myself all day long, well, let's just say the curtains would be closed. :laugh:

I'm nearing it, again, too-- but I'm having a very "thin" day today, though-- so we'll see. I shook up the workouts this week by doing the step aerobics, which I hadn't done in quite a while, with the really high step and the hand weights. Been working my tummy a lot, and it's looking much better. But, honey, if ever there was a candidate for a tummy tuck, man it's yours truly. Soooooo much skin. How 'bout the black team do a charity fundraiser to pay for my pouch lift? Whaddya say?

As for naked? Me? Don't ask me why-- maybe 'cause I had only brothers-- maybe 'cause I was always on the chubby side? I don't know-- never liked it. Give me clothing, if you please. :wink:
  • Marla64
    Options

Don't buy it Shuntae-- I tried the food shock. Didn't work-- however, I was also guzzling gallons of water every day SpongeMarla over here couldn't eliminate from the ol' system-- who knows?

I'm hoping for some loss tomorrow-- but, again, not holding my breath. :ohwell:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Oh, I hope the scale moves the right way for you, Marla! That would be so nice to see in the am! Love the new av! Is that Caleb? So cute!

I think we could do a chaity fundraiser & get at least three tummy tucks. I call the second! My second pregnancy gave me what I like to call, a raisin belly. I just wish one of those potions on the market got rid of stretch marks!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options

I may have to try the food shock method and see what it does. I'm kind of wondering if it has more to do with being so close to my goal and my body being happy where it is. I know my last 4 are nothing short of vanity pounds (I picked my goal because it would be 100 pounds), so I'm going to switch some things up in the next few weeks and see where I end up at the beginning of April. If it's in the same spot, I think I can be pretty happy with 96 gone. No one will know it but me, anyway. :bigsmile:

I can't believe I forgot to share this...but I bought a size 8 shirt for the first time ever last week (I was always pudgy, so this really made me happy.)!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Oh, I hope the scale moves the right way for you, Marla! That would be so nice to see in the am! Love the new av! Is that Caleb? So cute!

I think we could do a chaity fundraiser & get at least three tummy tucks. I call the second! My second pregnancy gave me what I like to call, a raisin belly. I just wish one of those potions on the market got rid of stretch marks!

Nope-- this is Joshy in this picture-- it was fuzzy, but he wouldn't sit still at the basketball game, and this was the best picture my stupid phone would take. Caleb is the one in the silly hat in my profile.

My stretch marks look a menorah. Too bad I'm not Jewish.:ohwell:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I didn't realize you only have 4 to go...to get to 100!!!! That's all I have, too! Good for you! The "vanity pounds" I'm refusing to accept b/c I think me wanting 5# after THAT would be vanity pounds. I really want THESE 4 gone...I know where they are & they need to leave! :laugh:

How exciting about the shirt!!! Isn't that such a good feeling?! I bough 2 pairs of size 8 pants this weekend. I seriously haven't bought size 8 since my sophmore year of highshcool. I was much lighter then, but my body was shaped a LOT different than it is now. YAY for smaller sizes!!

Bravo, Shuntae!

applause.gif
  • Marla64
    Options

I may have to try the food shock method and see what it does. I'm kind of wondering if it has more to do with being so close to my goal and my body being happy where it is. I know my last 4 are nothing short of vanity pounds (I picked my goal because it would be 100 pounds), so I'm going to switch some things up in the next few weeks and see where I end up at the beginning of April. If it's in the same spot, I think I can be pretty happy with 96 gone. No one will know it but me, anyway. :bigsmile:

I can't believe I forgot to share this...but I bought a size 8 shirt for the first time ever last week (I was always pudgy, so this really made me happy.)!

Size 8? You skinny, little snot-- congratulations!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh, that must be sooooo awesome!!!!!

I got such a kick out of buying a large instead of extra large-- maybe, maybe, maybe if I can ever get off my last 19 pounds I can buy a medium-- fingers crossed!!!!!!
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Just enough time for a quick shout out..

Lynnie - sweet set up in your hotel room - sounds like you are all set - WAY TO GO!!

Sam - 4 miles running - I'd have to be chased by something very scary - and would likely get caught before 4 miles. Nice work..

Nicky - I'm worried about you.. have you seen a doc about your stomach? Take care of yourself my friend. Glad to hear you are still seeing "that boy" - must be good if he survived all the yuck earlier..YOU GO..

Andrew - I agree with Sara - sharp glass and snarling wolves would make me workout much harder (see above to Sam), but probably not on a treadmill..

Sara - did you ever see the skit on feeding a young child? I can't remember who did it, but it was a skills testing for people considering having children. It said something like, if you think you have the skills to feed a small child, suspend a ball with a small hole from the ceiling - start the ball swinging back and forth while you attempt to deposit teaspoons full of mushy food into the small hole. When you get good at that, you are ready to feed a small child.. Cracks me up everytime.. Sort of sounds like something Bill Cosby would say. I thought of this when you described trying to get pants on M.

Shuntae - I hope the scale turns in your favor. I bet it is because you are so close to goal. Me, I have no such excuse, but am feeling bloating and yucky - TOM coming I'm afraid..

LAST CHANCE WORKOUT = 1 hour workout in the pool tonight!! WOOT WOOT - can't wait.. have a nice 45-60 minute 1400 yard workout to do.. kicks my butt, but I love it..

Take care all - happy weigh ins tomorrow if I dont' make it back - busy work day today..

janie
  • 3babybeans
    Options

Nope-- this is Joshy in this picture-- it was fuzzy, but he wouldn't sit still at the basketball game, and this was the best picture my stupid phone would take. Caleb is the one in the silly hat in my profile.

You could sell yourself on eBay! :laugh: People buy anything if it looks like the right thing. Get a stretchmark pattern that looks like Jesus, Mary or Elvis & you're as good as gold! :bigsmile:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Hey, Janie! I'll have to see if I can find that on youtube. Sounds like trying to feed T, dress M & bathe Z. :laugh: It is pure insanity. I dont' know how we leave the house. I really don't. Good luck with your swim tonight! I'm jealous of your water time!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options

You could sell yourself on eBay! :laugh: People buy anything if it looks like the right thing. Get a stretchmark pattern that looks like Jesus, Mary or Elvis & you're as good as gold! :bigsmile:

I'm through...that was too funny!

I'll try that once I've added to the stretch marks I already have!
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options

I was thinking exactly the same thing when I read Marla's post - "should sell that on ebay" - the picture, not the Marla..

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Marla64
    Options

I was thinking exactly the same thing when I read Marla's post - "should sell that on ebay" - the picture, not the Marla..

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

LOL-- hey, wonder how much money I could make?? Hmmmm