What cool fitness related gift did you get?

Options

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    As soon as January sale starts ill be getting a set of Power Blocks!
    =D
  • vanessa40
    vanessa40 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I got an i-pad and i download a great fitness app called Virtual Active. It makes running on the treadmill or spinning bike so much more fun. You download different cities that someone has taped as they have ran them. It is like you are there.. So far i have American Northeast, Chicago and Northern Italy. They are 7.99 each and have six different times from 10-60 minute runs. They are beautiful
  • Angelie28
    Angelie28 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Wii
    polar ft4
    weight lifting gloves
    knee compression sleeves
    just dance 3

My sister was like you should have no problem getting skinny after all this lmao
  • vanessa40
    vanessa40 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I love my FitBit. It really helps me
  • toonzy
    toonzy Posts: 28
    Options
    Brilliant running gear! Yay!
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I REALLY wanted a heart rate monitor but I didn't get one. :sad: It's ok though. I got an iphone 4s so I'm able to listen to music again while running. I do plan to get polar ft7 mid next month for an early birthday present.
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Santa brought me a new gym bag (my old one was getting really tattered) and a new t-shirt from planet fitness; the one that says "I lift things up and I put them down" on the back. I love that slogan!!
  • panda0920
    Options
    Wii Zumba 2, since I can't afford or make time for classes currently, an awesome new balance scale, and sharing my mom's gift of the FIRM resistance bands.
  • Joisgettingfit
    Joisgettingfit Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I got a polar ft4 :D its not the most attractive of things but I don't really care because now i'll know exactly (or at least much much more closely if that makes sense) how many calories i'm actually burning.
  • anawhatsme
    anawhatsme Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    wii fit plus!
    sooo excited to try it today!
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    What a cool idea! Now I want a treadmill or bike to try it out! I just don't have the space.

Pam
    I got an i-pad and i download a great fitness app called Virtual Active. It makes running on the treadmill or spinning bike so much more fun. You download different cities that someone has taped as they have ran them. It is like you are there.. So far i have American Northeast, Chicago and Northern Italy. They are 7.99 each and have six different times from 10-60 minute runs. They are beautiful
  • emilynicole02
    emilynicole02 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    UFC fighter fitness system for kinect and Xbox!! What a great workout to change things up a bit!! I love it!!
  • Jhulet
    Jhulet Posts: 32
    Options
    XBox 360 Kinect with Your Shape 2012 and a few others! Yay!
  • michiganderrdh
    michiganderrdh Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    We purchased an elliptical :) as our gift for ourselves! LOVE IT!

Although, now I'm realizing I also need new shoes and clothes!
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    Sugoi mid zero running tights.
  • ymhand
    ymhand Posts: 188
    Options
    My daughter got the Wii Dance with Dora & friends, it's a workout and fun. We all win with this one.
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I got the Ultra Fitbit and the Withings scale!
    What is a fitbit? I never heard of it. It ids like a budybugg or something?

Like the BodyBugg and BodyMedia (which makes it), the FitBit is a glorified pedometer, with an online site that analyzes the data on motion (or no motion for sleep stats), and based on calculated BMR will give some calorie burn figures.

I like the FitBit site because if you know your calorie burn figure because of using a HRM (none of them have a hr function) you can manually input it, you cannot on the BodyMedia site.
    FitBit site is free, BodyMedia monthly costs.

BodyMedia has a galvanic sensor to tell if you are wearing it, the FitBit has an on/off switch.
    BodyMedia has a temp guage which is not used in any calculations yet. They may be using all the uploaded data to make some tables and then use for calculations.

FitBit has a wireless sensor base, get near it, it syncs. It also has open API's for developers to make apps with the data/connectivity.
    Thanks for the info! I do not have a HRM either and I was wondering which gadget I may get the best use of. I seem to lose weight half as fast as MFP estimates, and I thought having an accurate device would make things clearer for me. It is kind of disappointing that these fitbit/ bodybugg etc have no HRM function. I thought they are monitoring all kinds of body signs like heart rate, temp, motion and it calculates the calories from all these.
    Also I hate the idea of have to log into a site in order to have the actual calculation done.
  • Marsha_S
    Marsha_S Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I got myself a gift...a Wii Fit. Will start tomorrow.
  • LilMizDetermined
    LilMizDetermined Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    WII with Just Dance 2 and a gift card to Academy for new shoes!!!
  • kristidem
    kristidem Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Wii Fitness Zumba 2. Just tried it - almost as good as going to class (I just can't take the 5am thing). My eight year old son even tried a song with me. He does well with hip-hop, which I am not so good at. I did pretty well at Cha Cha Cha and the Swing.