Current- 266 lbs
    Goal- 150 lbs ish
    90 days- would like to lose 20lbs and have increased my exercise activities

5690265.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Hwardle
    Hwardle Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hey does anyone know how we should log the mini challenge? I mean would it just be strength training exercises?
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    LOVE this challenge! Can't wait, and love the tips as well! :smile:
  • KellyReuter
    Options
    I am game for this! 90 days is a good goal.
    Name: Kelly
    Current - 227
    Goal - 160
    In 90 days I would like to have more energy and actually enjoy moving and exercising - a way to keep up with my boys. And be down 15 pounds sounds like an achievable goal! Here we go!
  • KBoddu
    KBoddu Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Name: Kristin
    Current weight: 294 (1/1/12)
    Goal weight: 266

Total Loss: 2 pounds!!

12-25-11: 296
    1-1-12: 294
  • sandimack
    sandimack Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hey does anyone know how we should log the mini challenge? I mean would it just be strength training exercises?

I'm going to add it as cardio, circuit training general.
  • crudd12
    crudd12 Posts: 63
    Options
    I would love to join your challenge!

crudd12
    Weight: 210
    New weight: 180
    Exercise every day including the weekends-walking 2-3 even 4 miles a day!
    Thanks so much!
  • sandimack
    sandimack Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Name Norma
    160lbs
    Goal after 90days 130lbs and making great choices on foods I eat

Your pic makes me smile, you look so excited to get started, thanks
  • Hwardle
    Options

I'm going to add it as cardio, circuit training general.

Ok that makes much more sense:) Thanks
  • rebelj13
    Options
    sounds good to me!
    current 156.5 lbs
    goal 140 (no much but i have been stuck at this weight)
    i enjoy walking with my 9 month old, and plan on doing MRS, starting off with one though) im also going to turn on P90X and see how long i can do it. 10 mins is better then nothing!
  • Hwardle
    Options
    Okay guys sorry for the wait but here is the “90 days for a better you challenge”
    First and most important make sure that your healthy before you start this challenge, if you have any health issues please consult your doctor and ask for appropriate exercises…Also listen to your body… Don’t hurt yourself!

Group Challenge: As a group let’s lose 2012 Pounds (or more) all together by the end of 90 Days.

Main Challenge: Keep working out!!!!
    I’ll post a calendar to follow, but workout schedule for the first 3 weeks is as followed.
    Week One: Exercise 3 times a week for 20 to 30 minutes
    Week Two: Exercise 3 times this week for 30-45 minutes and 1 time 20-30 times this week.
    Week Three: Exercise 3 times this week for 30-45 minutes and 1 time 45-60 times this week.
    (Full 90 day Calendar will be up soon)

Mini Challenge:
    Week One:
    20 reps - Jumping Jacks
    12 reps - Prisoner Squats
    15 reps - Pushups or Modified Pushups (on knees)
    12 reps per side - Forward Lunges
    10 reps - Stick-ups
    10 reps - Spiderman Climbs

~Description:
    Prisoner Squat:
    Stand with your hands behind your head, your chest out, and your elbows back. Sit back at your hips and bend your knees to lower your body as far as possible without losing the natural arch of your spine. Squeeze your glutes and push yourself back into the starting position.

Forward Lunge:
    From a standing position, take a large step forward with one leg. When your front thigh is parallel to the floor and your back knee is off the floor, hold for 1 second. Return to the starting position and repeat with the opposite leg.

Stick-up:
    Stand with your back against a wall, feet 6 inches from the wall. Stick your hands up overhead. Keeping your shoulders, elbows, and wrists in contact with the wall, slide your arms down the wall and tuck your elbows into your sides. Return to start.

Spiderman Climb:
    Start in the top of a pushup position. Keep your abs braced, pick one foot up off the floor, and slowly bring your knee up outside of your shoulder and touch your foot to the ground. Slowly return your leg to the starting position.

~Guide lines:
    In order to maximize your results let’s give up or cut back on some of those things we love so much…
    Junk food – Cut out all Junk food but on those rare days that you do need some chips, only eat small portions, nothing bigger than your fist.

Sodas and sugar drinks – Cut out all sodas and sugary drinks, not only is it empty calories but it not good for you. Drink plenty of water but if love your soda cut it down to one 8oz a day.

Cut Back on Saturated Fats
    To get on track with a low-fat diet, begin by cutting down on saturated fats, including animal sources such as high-fat dairy and red meats. Eliminate hidden saturated fats such as hydrogenated oils found in processed foods. Eat more chicken and fish.

Include Low-fat Dairy in Every Meal
    You don't have to cut out dairy entirely. Studies demonstrate that calcium helps to regulate the way fat cells store, build up and break down fat. Subsequently, low-fat dairy sources such as milk, yogurt and cottage cheese help promote weight loss. Choose low-fat (2%), not no-fat dairy.

Vitamins
    Drink your Vitamins.

~Extra Dr. Oz’s 3 Breakthrough Belly Blasters
    To help you blast away unwanted belly fat, try these top three super foods. They’re inexpensive and can be eaten any time of day.

1. Goldenberries
    A bright yellow fruit from Brazil, the goldenberry is loaded with B vitamins that are essential for maintaining a healthy metabolism. While they’re sold fresh, goldenberries are easier to find in dried form and are available at health food stores or online for about $12. Eat ¼ cup daily.

2. Miso
    Miso, the Japanese staple made from fermented soybeans, rice and/or barley, lowers triglycerides in the blood that contribute to belly fat. You can purchase instant miso soup in supermarkets for about $3 per package. Be sure to purchase the low-sodium variety.

3. Sauerkraut
    Unprocessed fermented food like sauerkraut contains bacteria that boosts digestion and reduces belly inflammation. Instead of eating it on a hot dog, try sauerkraut with turkey on whole-grain bread. Aim to eat 3 teaspoons daily. Purchase canned sauerkraut for about $1. Be sure to rinse it before eating or buy the low-sodium kind.

Rules:
    • Pay attention to your body.
    • Keep using your MyFitnesspal calorie counter, keep track of what you eat and don't go over : )
    • If you fall off the wagon or mess up, get back on and keep going. One day of being bad isn’t going to mess everything up.
    • If you need support email or post. We are here to help!
    • And most important Have Fun!

I'll be putting up a website with all the info and other great info on weight lost.

Let's start 2012 with a blast!

Great mini challenge! Do you want to throw some ab workouts in there? Like crunchy frogs, reverse crunches and regular crunches? You can make it like circuit training. 3 minute of strength(^^anything above except Jumping Jacks) 2 minutes of cardio like Jumping Jacks, Butt kicks, jump rope or punches and a 1 minute of abs? It can be repeated 2-3 times (5 seconds breaks are the best if one needs to take a break) or whatever everyone has time for. Any thoughts?
  • MommyNemo
    MommyNemo Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    If you would like to join post up your
    Name Neoma (MommyNemo)
    Current weight : 187.3 as of 12/28/12
    Goal weight : 150
    What you would like to accomplish in 90 day. I would like to loose 15-20 pounds in 90 days. I would like to keep up with my routine I have but to add a few more things to it so that way I can kick start my body into loosing again.

And I would love to do before and after photos. (This is optional) I am taking a picture today as I need a new picture.
  • austepants
    austepants Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    For the mini challenges do we do those everyday for the first week??
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    For the mini challenges do we do those everyday for the first week??

i think she said to do it 3 times a week in a later post. Lunges will KILL me!
  • Armycane
    Options
    Name: Adelle
    Current weight : 157 (1/1/12)
    Goal weight :135
    What you would like to accomplish in 90 day. To continue working out, toner legs, complete Insanity... 135
  • kimrichj
    kimrichj Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this challenge! I'm in.

kimrichj
    current weight 148.2 lbs
    goal weight 135

In 3 months I'd like have started a new habit of exercising regularly and eating sensibly. Of course, I hope to lose all my unwanted weight by then, too.
  • smhiking
    smhiking Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I hope it is not too late for me to join.
    Name: Sue
    Current Weight: 180 (1/1/12)
    Goal Weight: 155
    What I would like to accomplish in 90 days: To cut down on all the excess fats & chocolates that I'm so addicted to, work out more - at least 4 days a week and to eat healthier overall. To look & feel better.

Thanks!!

274622.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • bubznsuzey
    Options
    I guess i checked these just in time:) Im in for a challenge
    Name: Suzey (bubznsuzey)
    Current Weight: 175lbs
    Goal Weight: 145lbs
    In the past 90 days i have fluctuated between 175 and 185...these next 90 days i would love to continue to lose, not teeter tauter and maybe reach 160 - 165lbs
  • mmacintosh321
    mmacintosh321 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Sounds great!

Matthew MacIntosh
    Current Weight: 176.5
    Goal Weight: 160

After 90 days, I hope to hit my goal of 160 pounds/roughly 12% body fat.
  • newjes2012
    Options
    I'm in!

Name Jes
    Current weight 159
    Goal weight 130
    What you would like to accomplish in 90 day. Be at 145. Eating better and exercising weekly!
    And I would love to do before and after photos. (This is optional) Will post later =)