Count me in too!!

Name: Kayla
    Current Weight: 197
    Goal weight : 150
    What you would like to accomplish in 90 day: Lose 15+ pounds
  • austepants
    austepants Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    For the mini challenges do we do those everyday for the first week??

i think she said to do it 3 times a week in a later post. Lunges will KILL me!

Ok thanks I will do them 3x a week then :)
  • queenstatus
    queenstatus Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    NAME IS QUEENSTATUS
    CURRENT WEIGHT AS OF LAST WEEK IS 223.8 WILL WEIGH IN TOMORROW 1/2/12
    WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO ACCOMPLISH IN 90 DAYS IS A BETTER EXERCISE REGIMEN THAT INCORPORATES ME USING MY GYM MEMBERSHIP, BETTER EATING PATTERNS AND TO NOT GAIN ANY WEIGHT BUT LOSE FOR THE WHOLE 90 DAYS. I HAVE BEEN ON A ROLLER COASTER THE LAST MONTH AND I JUST WANT TO GO ON A DOWNWARD SPIRAL FOR A WHILE.

OMG!!! MY CURRENT WEIGHT IS 225.8. THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU ARE NOT DILIGENT. I WENT DOWN TO 219 AND NOW I AM UP TO 226.0. I HAVE TO GET ON THE BALL HERE. THAT IS A 7 POUND GAIN. THANKS FOR THE CHALLENGE. I ALSO WOULD LIKE TO LOG EVERYTHING THAT I CONSUME ON MFP SO THAT I CAN KEEP MYSELF ACCOUNTABLE. I NEED A WHOLE BUNCH OF SUPPORT YOU GUYS AS THIS HAS BECOME VERY HARD FOR ME AND I REALLY DO WANT TO DO THIS. I AM STARTING THIS MORNING OFF WITH A GLASS OF WATER AND THEN I AM GOING FOR MY WALK. I PLAN TO EAT ONLY FRUIT AND YOGURT FOR BREAKFAST WHEN I GET BACK WITH SOME MORE WATER. HOLIDAYS ARE OVER IT IS TIME TO GET REALLY SERIOUS. I AM KIND OF UPSET WITH MYSELF BUT THERE IS NO NEED TO CRY OVER SPILLED MILK. I JUST NEED TO CLEAN IT UP AND MOVE ON FROM HERE. FEEL FREE TO ADD ME AS A FRIEND AS I AM IN NEED OF ALL OF THE SUPPORT AND MOTIVATION THAT I CAN GET RIGHT NOW. ITS SOO HARD TO START WHEN YOU STOP THAT IS WHY I AM BEATING MYSELF UP BECAUSE I KNOW THIS AND I ALLOWED MY SELF TO STOP WORKING OUT ON A REGULAR LIKE I USED TO AND ALL. OF COURSE I'M GONNA GAIN WEIGHT ALL I AM DOING IS EATING. BUT OH WELL ITS A NEW DAY AND I AM GOING TO MAKE THIS DAY COUNT AS A GOOD DAY!!!!!
  • Joisgettingfit
    Joisgettingfit Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I hope its not too late to join. I will read all of this thread later when I get back from work but for now here's my info

Name - Jo
    Current weight - 139lbs
    Goal weight - hopefully 119lbs in 90 days
    What you would like to accomplish in 90 day - I'd like to lose weight and tone my arms...they're so flabby I want them toned and nice so I can feel confident without a long sleeved top on. Also a flat stomach would be nice too.

And I would love to do before and after photos. (This is optional) - I shall go take mine in a moment (my before that is) hopefully in 90 days my after will be awesome.
  • Tetstikin
    Options
    Im in!

Name: Tets
    Current weight 67 kg
    Goal weight 50 kg
    What you would like to accomplish in 90 day. lose 7kg
    And I would love to do before and after photos. (This is optional) I can!
  • jtn27141
    jtn27141 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Let's go. This challenge is so needed for me. I always do well when I am participating in a challenge. As soon as I done, my weight fluctuates. I am ready.

Name: Jataun
    CW: 135
    GW:125
    Goal: I would like to lose 10 lbs, cut down on sweets, and eat healthy consistently.
  • Britt269
    Britt269 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Count me in

Current weight (174.0)
    Goal weight (162)
    Goal is too lose 15 pounds in 90 days
  • raven23uk
    raven23uk Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I would like to join is it too late???

CW 167
    GW 155
  • kanata
    kanata Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Ditto i'd like to join but is it too late?
    Eep!
  • Hwardle
    Hwardle Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    When you talk about 20 reps for jumping jacks. how many do we do in a rep? Or is it just 20 jumping jacks 3 X a week? Thanks for the explanation.

I believe that it's 20 jumping jacks. I just do 30 seconds of jumping jacks which almost 30, 3 X a week. Hope it helps a bit.
  • nsyncfan1
    nsyncfan1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Name- Nancy
    current weight 300
    goal weight 160

I have been on MFP on and off for awhile now. I have lost and then gained back. I will take the 90 day challenge to lose 20 pounds in 90 days. Maybe more. Life is just too hard being overweight. I want to look semi-normal. I want to just be healthy.
  • nuamanda2012
    Options
    Day late but I think I can sneak it in!

Name: Amanda (nuamanda2012)
    Current weight: 211 (ugh)
    90 Day goal weight loss: 291
    Tracking my food intake, staying within my food allowance, working out 5 days a week and working out hard!

Looking forward to following this thread! :smile:
  • conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I hope I am not too late!

Name: Con (conniehv40)
    Weight: 156
    Goal: love to lose 15-20 in a year
    90-days: I am committing to: 3 times/week exercise, 6-8 glasses of water a day and log in my food to myfitnesspal daily for 90 days.
  • afigu006
    Options
    i cant see the challenge where is it?
  • jeclpi
    jeclpi Posts: 28
    Options
    Name: Jenny
    CW: 187
    GW: 155

Goal - I'd really like to lose 12-15lbs in 90 days - so aiming for 172-5. I'd also just joined the Jan 2012 lose 5lb challenge in a month, so this will be helpful for me to check progress along the way! :smile:
  • conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I can't see the challenge either.
    How does this work?

There are 18 pages of people saying they'd like to join, but where will we find the weekly challenge so as not to go through dozens of pages of entries?

thanks! good luck
  • Hwardle
    Hwardle Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Here is for the first couple of weeks and the first mini challenge
    Okay guys sorry for the wait but here is the “90 days for a better you challenge”
    First and most important make sure that your healthy before you start this challenge, if you have any health issues please consult your doctor and ask for appropriate exercises…Also listen to your body… Don’t hurt yourself!

Group Challenge: As a group let’s lose 2012 Pounds (or more) all together by the end of 90 Days.

Main Challenge: Keep working out!!!!
    I’ll post a calendar to follow, but workout schedule for the first 3 weeks is as followed.
    Week One: Exercise 3 times a week for 20 to 30 minutes
    Week Two: Exercise 3 times this week for 30-45 minutes and 1 time 20-30 times this week.
    Week Three: Exercise 3 times this week for 30-45 minutes and 1 time 45-60 times this week.
    (Full 90 day Calendar will be up soon)

Mini Challenge:
    Week One:
    20 reps - Jumping Jacks
    12 reps - Prisoner Squats
    15 reps - Pushups or Modified Pushups (on knees)
    12 reps per side - Forward Lunges
    10 reps - Stick-ups
    10 reps - Spiderman Climbs

~Description:
    Prisoner Squat:
    Stand with your hands behind your head, your chest out, and your elbows back. Sit back at your hips and bend your knees to lower your body as far as possible without losing the natural arch of your spine. Squeeze your glutes and push yourself back into the starting position.

Forward Lunge:
    From a standing position, take a large step forward with one leg. When your front thigh is parallel to the floor and your back knee is off the floor, hold for 1 second. Return to the starting position and repeat with the opposite leg.

Stick-up:
    Stand with your back against a wall, feet 6 inches from the wall. Stick your hands up overhead. Keeping your shoulders, elbows, and wrists in contact with the wall, slide your arms down the wall and tuck your elbows into your sides. Return to start.

Spiderman Climb:
    Start in the top of a pushup position. Keep your abs braced, pick one foot up off the floor, and slowly bring your knee up outside of your shoulder and touch your foot to the ground. Slowly return your leg to the starting position.

~Guide lines:
    In order to maximize your results let’s give up or cut back on some of those things we love so much…
    Junk food – Cut out all Junk food but on those rare days that you do need some chips, only eat small portions, nothing bigger than your fist.

Sodas and sugar drinks – Cut out all sodas and sugary drinks, not only is it empty calories but it not good for you. Drink plenty of water but if love your soda cut it down to one 8oz a day.

Cut Back on Saturated Fats
    To get on track with a low-fat diet, begin by cutting down on saturated fats, including animal sources such as high-fat dairy and red meats. Eliminate hidden saturated fats such as hydrogenated oils found in processed foods. Eat more chicken and fish.

Include Low-fat Dairy in Every Meal
    You don't have to cut out dairy entirely. Studies demonstrate that calcium helps to regulate the way fat cells store, build up and break down fat. Subsequently, low-fat dairy sources such as milk, yogurt and cottage cheese help promote weight loss. Choose low-fat (2%), not no-fat dairy.

Vitamins
    Drink your Vitamins.

~Extra Dr. Oz’s 3 Breakthrough Belly Blasters
    To help you blast away unwanted belly fat, try these top three super foods. They’re inexpensive and can be eaten any time of day.

1. Goldenberries
    A bright yellow fruit from Brazil, the goldenberry is loaded with B vitamins that are essential for maintaining a healthy metabolism. While they’re sold fresh, goldenberries are easier to find in dried form and are available at health food stores or online for about $12. Eat ¼ cup daily.

2. Miso
    Miso, the Japanese staple made from fermented soybeans, rice and/or barley, lowers triglycerides in the blood that contribute to belly fat. You can purchase instant miso soup in supermarkets for about $3 per package. Be sure to purchase the low-sodium variety.

3. Sauerkraut
    Unprocessed fermented food like sauerkraut contains bacteria that boosts digestion and reduces belly inflammation. Instead of eating it on a hot dog, try sauerkraut with turkey on whole-grain bread. Aim to eat 3 teaspoons daily. Purchase canned sauerkraut for about $1. Be sure to rinse it before eating or buy the low-sodium kind.

Rules:
    • Pay attention to your body.
    • Keep using your MyFitnesspal calorie counter, keep track of what you eat and don't go over : )
    • If you fall off the wagon or mess up, get back on and keep going. One day of being bad isn’t going to mess everything up.
    • If you need support email or post. We are here to help!
    • And most important Have Fun!

I'll be putting up a website with all the info and other great info on weight lost.

Let's start 2012 with a blast!
  • moupton
    moupton Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I believe that it's 20 jumping jacks. I just do 30 seconds of jumping jacks which almost 30, 3 X a week. Hope it helps a bit.

Sorry, don't know how to do the quote thing.

Thank you for your answer.
  • Rejuvn8
    Rejuvn8 Posts: 74
    Options
    Name Rose
    Current weight 167
    Goal weight 135
    What you would like to accomplish in 90 day. To make healthy eating and exercise a way of life to where is doesn't seem dreadful. I want this journey to be fun so I can enjoy it more and teach my kids good, lifelong habits :-)
  • Rejuvn8
    Rejuvn8 Posts: 74
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! Hope to stick with it :-)