Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Do you Drink?

Options

Replies

• JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    At least a glass or two of wine almost nightly or a skinny margarita!
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Like a G D Fish
    ^
    mmhmmmmmmmmmm
    Last Saturday night, I down a whole bottle of Skinny Girl White Cosmo...
    twas delish.
  • thinnerisstronger
    thinnerisstronger Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Very rarely. I don't usually bother entering it because if I am drinking then I'm with friends and I'm enjoying an evening. The only times I do drink are on birthdays, halloween or new years really.
  • erin_zuk
    erin_zuk Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Not a drop.

4 years, 10 months, 26 days

but who's counting?

I'm on track to meet my goal weight at the 5 year mark.

Congrats!
    I'm coming up to 7 months on January 3rd.
  • Kris10can
    Options
    Why can't someone create a calorie free alcoholic beverage....seriously?? You may think it is impossible....but some intelligent person created Splenda. Hmmm.......Come on People...think!! We could make sooooo much money!! :)

I happen to love making wine at home....and you should see the pouuunds of sugar needed for that!!
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I'm a social drinker (I don't do the "glass of wine at home" thing), but I don't really worry about the calories because I only drink two or three times a month, and usually just one or two drinks.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    HECK YAH.

We make our own beer and wine and grow our own hops for the beer. Go local or go home!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I drink just about every day. Usually wine, sometimes beer, occasionally liquor. I usually have 2-3 glasses of wine per day. More on the weekends or special occasions. I lost most of my weight before joining this site, but now that I'm here I log it. It would seem silly not to since it has a lot of calories.

I've never been obese, and did not give it up while losing weight. I would only give it up if it began to affect my health.
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I quit. I have always enjoyed wine, but when I learned how many empty calories it has, I stopped (recently). I tried logging it, but my weight loss was going too slowly. So I gave it up. I will have it socially, when I go out with friends, and on New Years Eve, but I don't keep any in my house. Too easy to just pour a glass after dinner.
  • Onesnap
    Options
    Why can't someone create a calorie free alcoholic beverage....seriously?? You may think it is impossible....but some intelligent person created Splenda. Hmmm.......Come on People...think!! We could make sooooo much money!! :)

I happen to love making wine at home....and you should see the pouuunds of sugar needed for that!!

The devil created Splenda. And Truvia. Truvia is made with 40 chemical compounds. Eat up!!!
  • MaggieMay131
    MaggieMay131 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I used to more in college. But I was also about 30 lbs heavier then...

Alcohol doesn't do much for me, although my husband and I really enjoy wine (which is alcohol... I know, I know ) :p Usually I'm too concerned about being able to get up for the 8:00am workout class on Saturday mornings than to risk having a hangover - and one or two drinks pretty much does it now lol.

Occasionally on a "night out" I'll drink more but it's rare. Personally, I've seen more success with less alcohol. But if you still want to, just make sure you plan for it. Get in a good workout, and make sure you're on a deficit throughout the week so you can afford to go over on the weekend. :)
  • Onesnap
    Options
    I drink just about every day. Usually wine, sometimes beer, occasionally liquor. I usually have 2-3 glasses of wine per day. More on the weekends or special occasions. I lost most of my weight before joining this site, but now that I'm here I log it. It would seem silly not to since it has a lot of calories.

I've never been obese, and did not give it up while losing weight. I would only give it up if it began to affect my health.

I'm with ya.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I love beer. The only thing I like more than beer is cheese. Also bread and pastries. Of course, that is why I am overweight, but to give up all three would be worse than death.
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I have liver disease so I can't process the alcohol. The liver disease is not from alcohol (just want to point that out).
    I drank for many years and, even if my liver could handle it now, I doubt if I would drink.
  • Onesnap
    Options
    I quit. I have always enjoyed wine, but when I learned how many empty calories it has, I stopped (recently). I tried logging it, but my weight loss was going too slowly. So I gave it up. I will have it socially, when I go out with friends, and on New Years Eve, but I don't keep any in my house. Too easy to just pour a glass after dinner.

Wine is good for you. 1 a day keeps the doctor away. And beer helps men's prostate health. It's a fact.
  • Onesnap
    Options
    I love beer. The only thing I like more than beer is cheese. Also bread and pastries. Of course, that is why I am overweight, but to give up all three would be worse than death.

This is why we are friends. You only live ONCE. Life without local meats (bacon!) and local cheese and local wine, beer, etc. is not a life I want to live. Just got the clean bill of health from my doctor do I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing.
  • hjohns65
    hjohns65 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I drink.. ugh. I log my drinks (most of the time - when I am still sober enough to log).
    And logging my drinks helps me to see the empty calories.. which can influence me to stop earlier than planned (some times haha). I have no plans to stop drinking, but I do want to limit my drinking as to not hinder my weight loss.

:drinker:

Bottoms Up.

^^i'm with you!!!!!!!!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Alcohol that is. Do you drink or have you given it up for weight loss (or other reasons)? How often? Do you figure it into your calories, or is it a splurge? Did you trade in your normal cocktail for a slimmer version? What's your favorite? :drinker:

I like to have a drink a couple nights a week after work. I tend to drink shots of vodka with a chaser of a little bit of juice (weird, I know). This helps keep the calories in check because I'm not having full glasses of juice and/or mixers with each drink. I've logged the calories in when I've drank. So far, it hasn't been worth it to me to cut it out completely. Curious as to what others will say.
    All things but in moderation.

Where I used to drink whiskey, today I have a glass of red vino in the evening.
    Nothing wrong with that.
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    YES!!! Not only do I drink, but I homebrew my own beer. :drinker: :drinker:

Having said that, I still drink in moderation. Some people cant live without chocolate, I refuse to give up beer! :noway: :noway:
  • Jyster
    Jyster Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Once I started making my own wine and alcohol I virtually stopped drinking. I make maybe 15-20 bottles of wine a year and I'm lucky to drink one bottle in that entire year. However, I do drink socially and if it is more than a few drinks (it usually is) I just pretend it never happened and don't count the calories but enjoy the increased water intake the next day.

I"m not sure if a calorie free booze can be made but Beer and Wine have nutritional value that is useful. Actual booze is empty calories but sure does taste good.