Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Do you Drink?

Options

Replies

• FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    No never!!!!!! alcohol is is nothing but Satan nectar,that turns moral,pure women into filthy hedonistic hoochies
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I used to drink, but because of our culture, religious beliefs and his fear of getting addicted to it (his father was a heavy drinker and abused his mother severely) we both gave it up 2 years ago. For me it's not a big deal at all (all I used to drink is Merlot, Smirnoff, or mikes) and I was never a big drinker. He likes scotch and coke and from time to time a long island ice tea. I hated it when he drank the ice tea he always neglected me when he drank it, so I am happier now that he doesn't drink any more.
    No one should EVER ruin Scotch with coke. EVER!!! Scotch is a stand alone drink. And yes, I drink socially and count the calories.

Drink what you like, not what other people tell you to.
  • formersec
    formersec Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Had to quit when I developed diabetes and went on medication which clashes with alcohol. I was never a heavy drinker. I could get tanked on one beer. So it was easy for me to give up the booze. But every now and then, I miss beer, especially on a hot summer day.
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I do when I go out...usually 2 mixed drinks

No I don't log them
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    Not a drop.

4 years, 10 months, 26 days

but who's counting?

I'm on track to meet my goal weight at the 5 year mark.

Congrats!
    I'm coming up to 7 months on January 3rd.

Stick with it!

Sober life gets just a little better every day.

4 years, 5 months, and 17 days. not that i'm counting either ;)
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    its been an off and on kinda thing.. lately been on lol i looove my Crown and Pepsi and it has hole hella carbs/calories so i try to work out a lot to make it up. i do tend to lose more weight without it ;p
  • k80fox
    k80fox Posts: 92
    Options
    Yes. If I just have one or a few I log it, but if it's on a night out I don't usually keep track.

Same here. I've pondered your question when I first started changing my habits and didn't really come up with a good answer. I don't drink all that often but I'm definitely a social drinker and when I'm out with friends, I tend to throw all rules out the window. Now that I've changed my lifestyle, I realize the "cost" of a drink whether it be a "skinny" version or full blown with all the fixins and I usually just weigh it out. Is it worth it? Yes/No because...(fill in the blank) and go from there.

If it's the guilt that troubles you (as is usually the case for me) but you enjoy drinking then go with the skinny version of drinks. I personally like bloody mary's :smile: because I'm a sodium freak and at least there is some nutrional value that comes from V8 :wink: Good luck!
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Like a G D Fish

THIS CRACKED ME UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im a social drinker...but might add IM VERY SOCIAL !!!!!!!
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Skinny Margs or Select 55 - once a week. Of course, over Christmas I indulged on Wassail. Yum!
  • Beckym1205
    Beckym1205 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Yes, and I log it.
  • michelledusik
    michelledusik Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I drink skinny versions of drinks now and I count all my calories.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I used to drink, but because of our culture, religious beliefs and his fear of getting addicted to it (his father was a heavy drinker and abused his mother severely) we both gave it up 2 years ago. For me it's not a big deal at all (all I used to drink is Merlot, Smirnoff, or mikes) and I was never a big drinker. He likes scotch and coke and from time to time a long island ice tea. I hated it when he drank the ice tea he always neglected me when he drank it, so I am happier now that he doesn't drink any more.
    No one should EVER ruin Scotch with coke. EVER!!! Scotch is a stand alone drink. And yes, I drink socially and count the calories.

LoooL woops! :blushing:
  • kardowling
    kardowling Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, Skinny Girl Shaken (not stirred) with Ice and Equal....Anyone have any other low cal drinks they like? Reading this makes me want a new weekend treat :smile:
  • JBeansie
    Options
    I used to be a heavy social drinker; I've been drinking very sparsely for the past month (call it a beer a week). My mood has significantly improved. Losing weight and eating better has become easier. Plus, my wallet is happy!
  • gumigal82
    Options
    I don't drink as much as I used to, but I do allow myself some drinks when I'm out with friends. I simply make sure to include them in my calorie intake for the day.
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    nope, never, self reasons
  • sallyspan
    sallyspan Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My husband and I drink socially probably once a week with friends. I like to have a drink on a Friday night after a long stressful week at work! We're still young (24) so we and our friends do enjoy going out for drinks a few times a month, but definitely not as crazy as we used to be a few years ago!
    I haven't gone out since I started MFP but I will try my best to log what I drink on New Years Eve
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    A glass of wine most nights, splash out on the weekend, every weekend. It's not good really but I quit smoking and eating so much what else is there left for me to do... :smokin: :flowerforyou:
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I drink, rum & diet, and I always log it when I do. Unless I lose track of how many, then I log the last number I remember plus 2. It's the biggest reason my diary is private - I am not trying to impress anyone with my choices, but I am also old enough and smart enough not to need unsolicited advice about them. When I was really working the program, the alcohol didn't affect my weight loss at all. It was accounted for and budgeted in to my day.
  • dissonancesquared
    Options
    Why can't someone create a calorie free alcoholic beverage....seriously?? You may think it is impossible....but some intelligent person created Splenda. Hmmm.......Come on People...think!! We could make sooooo much money!! :)

I happen to love making wine at home....and you should see the pouuunds of sugar needed for that!!

The devil created Splenda. And Truvia. Truvia is made with 40 chemical compounds. Eat up!!!

don't be ridiculous. everything you eat is a chemical compound. you are made up of billions of "chemical compounds" interacting in very complex ways. the mere fact of it being made in a lab rather than in a plant doesn't make it dangerous.