Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Do you Drink?

Options

Replies

• La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I've decided to drink tonight.. by myself. I went out yesterday and had a couple of beers. Tonight will be bourbon, which I recently started drinking. :drinker:
  • micklepickle61
    Options
    I'm drinking rithg now!
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    ...like a fish :)
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I used to drink a lot of wine. I probably drank a bottle a week. It never affected my weight, just my sanity. I was extremely ill a few years ago and since then have no desire for wine. I drink champagne on on holidays when I am socializing. Very rarely. If I go to dinner, which was once in 5 months, I like a dirty martini. Over Xmas I bought a bottle of Baileys for friends, We had champagne and never got to the Baileys. I drank the entire bottle. So, I rarely drink like I use to. The drinking totally affects my weight. I can pass up food, not alcohol.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    ...like a fish :)

:laugh:
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Another tip is to pre-log and stick to what you logged. I also don't recommend weighing the very next day.
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Beer, Guinness, vodka, whisky, rum, wine, lighter fluid,, that kinda drink,,,, yes I drink, I'm a Scotsman, it's my duty..lol

Classic
  • houstonmacbro
    houstonmacbro Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Another tip is to pre-log and stick to what you logged. I also don't recommend weighing the very next day.

Makes you accountable.
  • hollyeverhart
    hollyeverhart Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    i just turned 21 (dec 5) And I work at a bar, so drinking has been factoring into my calories recently. But I really only do straight shots of peach ciroc or whipped cream vodka. I avoid the mixed drinks/rum they seem like they have more calories, but I'm a dancer so when I'm at work I am active and moving pretty much the whole time so I don't worry about 3-5 shots.
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I drank regularly about 11 years ago, then just stopped. I'm just now starting to enjoy it every now and again. When I do, I don't worry about the calories.
  • gigiangelique
    gigiangelique Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    like a frat boy but I am trying to quit because it does mess up my goals
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    No alcohol. One year on 1/31/12

Nice!
  • JustLindaLou
    JustLindaLou Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do enjoy some wine or champagne or a good margarita on occasion. I log it. I was able to stay within my calories at first, but I noticed having that glass of wine makes me want to munch a bit, so I will probably knock that off after 12/31 and save it for social occasions.

BTW, I tried the Skinny Girl Margaritas with a couple girlfriends recently... was extremely disappointed, we were adding Splenda to make them palatable and din't even get a buzz! (2 bottles between 3 chicks, shoulda felt goooood!!) I will go for the real thing next time, screw the skinny girls!! :drinker:
  • MissMisery1313
    Options
    I don't drink. I hate the taste of alcohol.
  • 1CALIJIBARO2
    Options
    Not a drop.

4 years, 10 months, 26 days

but who's counting?

I'm on track to meet my goal weight at the 5 year mark.

Congrats!
    I'm coming up to 7 months on January 3rd.

Stick with it!

Sober life gets just a little better every day.

4 years, 5 months, and 17 days. not that i'm counting either ;)

Congrats to all of you ! You should be proud :)
  • 1CALIJIBARO2
    Options
    As of Dec.16th I've been sober 20yrs & STILL LOVIN IT................ODAAT......:smokin: :smokin: :drinker: :glasses:
  • ADobs
    ADobs Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I do not. Not for weight loss reasons, but I just hate the taste, smell, feeling, etc. - everything about it! It's surprisingly hard to find people that are like me and don't drink. And when I say I don't drink, that doesn't mean that I drink occasionally, I really do mean that I do not drink. At all.
  • Allisonjean1964
    Options
    Yes I still drink, I enjoy an occasional glass of wine toward the end of the week or a cosmopolitan that I make diet friendly.
  • Allisonjean1964
    Options
    Try the Jose Cuervo 100 calorie Margarita mix! It is awesome!
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I went on a diet, swore off drinking and heavy eating, and in 14 days I had lost exactly two weeks.
    - Joe E. Lewis

Hahaha

I drink merlot or cabernet, a small glass or two most nights. I always allow room for it in my daily cals since wine is just a fact of life. Every so often when really trying to break a plateau I'll drink mineral water with a splash of juice instead, it tastes great. Hard to hold onto an ice-cold glass in the winter time, though. Always an excuse, lol.