I'm obsessed with egg roll wrappers!

Options
Kim_08
Kim_08 Posts: 157
I'm obsessed with egg roll wrappers at the moment! You can add so many different ingredients inside of them to make a delicious meal. Has anyone else tried these? If so, let me know what yummy foods you put inside of yours!

Replies

• ajlarz
    ajlarz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya! I like to put mine in muffin tins, and then fill them with different things, and bake. My favorite right now is the egg cup: http://healthyeatinginabusylife.blogspot.com/2011/11/breakfast-egg-cups.html
  • leannelately
    leannelately Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I made these lo-cal Buffalo Chicken Rolls for Christmas Eve. They are AMAZING!!!! http://www.canyoustayfordinner.com/2011/01/31/buffalo-chicken-rolls/

(That's also a great/ inspiring blog if you want to check out her other posts/ recipes)
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I make spring rolls with shredded daikon radish, carrots, scallions, water chestnuts, and purple cabbage, tossed with different Chinese sauces. Yum!
  • Kim_08
    Kim_08 Posts: 157
    Options
    Canyoustayfordinner.com is actually the site I found them on! She has so many great recipes on there
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I was but I only bake them to keep them low in fat and they get kinda hard to chew.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    i made lasagne with them which was a disaster. didn't do well with baked egg rolls either.
  • Poohsta0
    Poohsta0 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Frozen corn, black beans, green chili, spinach, green onions, and low fat mexican cheese, cumin, chili powder, and cayenne.
  • carrie0210
    carrie0210 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya! I like to put mine in muffin tins, and then fill them with different things, and bake. My favorite right now is the egg cup: http://healthyeatinginabusylife.blogspot.com/2011/11/breakfast-egg-cups.html

I made these this morning, very delicious! Do you know if they have been added as a "Food Item" for logging?
  • lizz11
    lizz11 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    CookingLight.com has a great recipe for samosas using egg roll wrappers. They are on the menu for dinner tonight since we liked them so much last week!
  • ciaobellakiss
    Options
    i made lasagne with them which was a disaster. didn't do well with baked egg rolls either.

same!
  • nancymmorris
    Options
    1 Tsp of Nutella and a slice of banana. Fold up and spray with cooking spray so they will brown. Bake at 350* until light brown. Sooooo Yummmmy!!!
  • lizz11
    lizz11 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I also find that baking them doesn't work very well. I usually spray them with a little bit of cooking spray (olive oil in the Misto) and cook them on the stove top. Obviously not as healthy as baking, but way better than a full fry.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    LOVE 'EM!
    I could eat them until I just hurt......:love:
  • SouthernArt77
    SouthernArt77 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    We have some leftover egg roll wrappers from the baked egg rolls my husband made a few days ago. We've never done anything with them except egg rolls, so I'm loving these ideas. Please keep them coming!
  • dorbell
    dorbell Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks, will definitely try these soon, probably with lots of veggies to bulk them up.
  • thamre
    thamre Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    BUMP...I need to check into these recipes when I get home.
  • maieranne77
    maieranne77 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Fabulous ideas!! I will pick some up
  • hmstarbuck
    hmstarbuck Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I've never thought of filling egg roll wrappers. I can't wait to start! Thanks guys
  • ajlarz
    ajlarz Posts: 155 Member
    Options

I made these this morning, very delicious! Do you know if they have been added as a "Food Item" for logging?

I just added this to the database for you. It is listed under "Homemade Baked Egg Cups". If you make them exactly as I have the recipe, this nutritional information is correct. I'm glad you liked them!