I'm obsessed with egg roll wrappers!

Options

Replies

• chanson104
    Options
    I made these lo-cal Buffalo Chicken Rolls for Christmas Eve. They are AMAZING!!!! http://www.canyoustayfordinner.com/2011/01/31/buffalo-chicken-rolls/

(That's also a great/ inspiring blog if you want to check out her other posts/ recipes)
    I just made these, and they are yummy!! Thanks for sharing!
  • Shinkermom
    Shinkermom Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    So many good ideas, can't wait to try some.
  • LessJos
    LessJos Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Made some chicken in jerk marinade in the slow cooker today. Going to make some jerk chicken rolls tomorrow with some mozzarella.
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I like to make my eggrolls using broccoli slaw, water chestnuts & black bean sauce. Make sure to really drain mix after you cook it, so it won't make the wraps soggy. Put the mix on the wraps & roll. Spray with butter spray & bake @ 400 for 15 to 20 mins. (until browned).
  • cmccoy0901
    cmccoy0901 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Bump! Have seen alot of awesome looking recipes to try and I was wondering if anyone knew about if I could use these to make quesadilla too?
  • Hairhacker
    Hairhacker Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Saving for later...:love:
  • WeCallThemDayWalkers
    Options
    bump!
  • CheleLynn44
    CheleLynn44 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Me and my daughter made a breakfast cup version today for my hubbies birthday. Eggs, low sodium bacon, and cheese!! So easy and everyone loved them!! I have also made the lasagna, those were yummy and the leftovers were great on days I had to work. Both recipes will be made again!
  • LessJos
    LessJos Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    quesadilla sounds like a great idea too!

I made the jerk chicken ones today and they are great. I also made some with pizza filling (tomato sauce, bacon, spices, herbs, mozzarella) and some sweet ones with a greek yogurt & jell-o pistachio pudding filling. Both turned out great!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I just made the apple pie wraps, and the taco wontons, and they were damn good...thanx for the recipies!
  • lucasnjewels
    lucasnjewels Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    bump
  • hicenogle
    hicenogle Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I make Hungry Girl's "Explodin' Chicken Taquitos" all the time. I'm thinking the filling would also work great in egg roll wrappers!

One 9.75-oz. (or 10-oz.) can 98% fat-free chunk white chicken breast in water, drained and flaked
    1/2 cup salsa
    8 small (6-inch) yellow corn tortillas
    1/3 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
    1/4 tsp. dry taco seasoning mix
    Optional dips: additional salsa, fat-free sour cream

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

In a medium bowl, combine the chicken and salsa, and mix thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.

Dampen two paper towels, and place tortillas between them. Microwave for about 1 minute, until tortillas are warm and pliable. Set aside.

Remove chicken mixture from the fridge, and drain any excess liquid. Add cheese and taco seasoning, and mix to combine. This is your filling. Set aside.

Prepare a baking sheet by spraying it with nonstick spray. Set aside.

Place one tortilla flat on a clean dry surface (keep the rest between the paper towels), and spoon about 2 heaping tablespoons of filling onto the tortilla. Spread it evenly across the entire surface, and roll tortilla up tightly, so that you have a cigar-shaped tube. Secure with toothpicks, if needed, and place seam side down on the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.

Bake in the oven until crispy, 14 - 16 minutes. (Don't worry if they crack and "explode" a little!)

Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Remove toothpicks, if using. If you like, serve with additional salsa and sour cream for dipping. Enjoy!

MAKES 4 SERVINGS

PER SERVING (2 taquitos): 197 calories, 2.5g fat, 594mg sodium, 22.5g carbs, 3g fiber, 2g sugars, 20.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 5*

She also has some great suggestions for filling wonton wrappers...wonton 'quitos, triple cheesy pepperoni poppers and spanako-pieces. These fillings should also work really well in egg roll wrappers...

http://www.hungry-girl.com/weighin/show/1942
  • e_stone
    e_stone Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I prefer phyllo dough, because it bakes much better. Same recipes though!
    :flowerforyou: Thanks, I'll try both and see which one I prefer. I have heard/seen quite a few tasty looking recipes using Phyllo dough on here as well.
  • Baloo
    Baloo Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the good ideas!
  • taffyislegend
    Options
    I place them in muffin tins and fill them up with a mixture of egg whites, laughing cow light Swiss cheese and diced spinach. I used about 3 egg whites, one laughing cow wedge and a handful of spinach and it made 6 little cups which came to 210 calories for the 6. It was perfect! Plus the laughing cow wedges don't smooth out in the mixture so you get big bites of the cheese and it's amazing. You could add bacon and any meats too, of course more calories. Perfect breakfast!
  • kristinajaffe
    kristinajaffe Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    i have made the buffalo chicken rolls and love love loved them!!! make a little dipping sauce with walmarts low fat ranch and some of the extra buffalo sauce .. so good.. feels like your cheating even though your not.. :smile:
  • kristinajaffe
    kristinajaffe Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Did somebody try to freeze them (wrappers only as well as filled and cooked rolls) for later? Eat them cold? Reheat?
    I have made the buffalo chicken ones with coleslaw mix and blue cheese.. baked them.. and then froze.. i reheated in a non stick skillet with some pam.. and they worked out great..
  • ngr1973
    ngr1973 Posts: 334
    Options
    Bump ... these are great ideas.
  • cr21
    cr21 Posts: 22
    Options
    bump