I'm obsessed with egg roll wrappers!

Options

Replies

• natacha305
    natacha305 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    LOL dude no way, I am toooooo

I just bought some and i also bought wont ton wrappers and im so obsessed with them ive been putting everything in them,

I am so anxious to taste it that even before they cool down i am stuffing them in my mouth to see how it taste.

my worse recipe by far - putting a string cheese and turkey sliced and baking, just wasnt good

Best recipe - sauteing Tofu with a chicken buillon, and then putting shredded cabbage blend from a bag cooking it down with coy sauce and baking it in an eggroll wrap yum yum.
  • cecoggins
    Options
    I did buffalo chicken and broccoli slaw in them and they were amazing!!
  • FluffyMcPoofpoof
    Options
    OMGoodness, these look delish! I will be trying them this weekend. Great idea!!
  • LessJos
    LessJos Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I made those chicken buffalo ones and they were great. Love the idea of portable snacks!

I want to try bell peppers, ground beef and brie!
  • kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Bump-thanks
  • LessJos
    LessJos Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Did somebody try to freeze them (wrappers only as well as filled and cooked rolls) for later? Eat them cold? Reheat?
  • LaurenMichelle004
    LaurenMichelle004 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Bump! :happy:
  • olong
    olong Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • clkuchtyn
    clkuchtyn Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Bump. Love them but need new ideas.
  • cvanbeek
    cvanbeek Posts: 107
    Options
    bump, I make the buffalo chicken ones for every football game at my parents bar. :)
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bademasi
    bademasi Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    :love: bump
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting!
  • melbelle32
    melbelle32 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    bump
  • msjenjenp
    Options
    bump
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I have a couple extra packs and I've been wondering what to do with them. I also have an extra bag of mini peppers that I am afraid will go bad if I don't use them soon.

I'm going to stop on the way home, get some Italian Sausage and make a Sausage and Pepper mixture to put in them. For dinner tonight.
  • simplyeater
    simplyeater Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    great ideas here!
  • lindsaycoil
    lindsaycoil Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Forgive me if this has been said already, but I make baked mozzarella sticks with them and I LOVE them!!!
    Making sure your wrappers are fully wet (with water), simply wrap up and fold in a piece of string cheese, spray with cooking spray, and bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. One of my favorite lunches!
  • jellyfishbones
    jellyfishbones Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to fry, try crepes instead. They can be filled with just about anything, too - fruit, sauces, meats, veggies - and work for any meal or course (a crepe filled with sliced banana and a little brown sugar with a shake of powdered sugar on top is a favorite in my home, even for my 7yo son).

I do make chả giò (Vietnamese fried rolls) from time to time but we usually eat gỏi cuốn (Vietnamese salad rolls, sometimes called spring rolls or summer rolls, they are not fried) at least once a week.
  • jellyfishbones
    jellyfishbones Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Did somebody try to freeze them (wrappers only as well as filled and cooked rolls) for later? Eat them cold? Reheat?

Josey - yes, when I make Vietnamese-style egg rolls, I almost always have more filling and wrappers than I need for one meal, so I fill the wrappers as if I were going to fry them and then just freeze them (uncooked but ready to fry) in freezer bags. Same with the wrappers - don't let them get completely defrosted and then re-freeze, but if you can get them warm enough to separate off enough for your dish and then re-freeze the rest, that ought to work fine.

When I do take them out and fry them, I just fry them from frozen, no defrosting necessary. It does take a few minutes longer - maybe 5-7 - but otherwise there's no discernable difference between the fresh-made-fried and the frozen-then-fried.