Replies

• lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    saving for later
  • whoiskat23
    whoiskat23 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I usually brown some ground turkey with broccoli slaw and a little teriyaki(sp?) and soy sauce, wrap them up in egg roll wrappers. I used to fry in my prior life, lol, but now i'll have to try them either baking or pan frying them with PAM. I have a pack in the fridge so I know what i'll be having for dinner one night. :love:
  • jessicabass1
    Options
    i made a lasagna in a won ton wrapper and it was delicious! i made them for my folks and my diabetic father ate about ten! which is probably not so good for his diabetes but he loved them.
  • jessicabass1
    Options
    p.s. what does "bump" mean?
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Saving this!!
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    LOVE THEM! :bigsmile:
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I made these lo-cal Buffalo Chicken Rolls for Christmas Eve. They are AMAZING!!!! http://www.canyoustayfordinner.com/2011/01/31/buffalo-chicken-rolls/

(That's also a great/ inspiring blog if you want to check out her other posts/ recipes)

OH HELL YES!!! -mouth drooling-
  • JVanDam77
    Options
    Bump :love:
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Yum! Definitely going to make those buffalo chicken ones!
  • dahvishont02
    dahvishont02 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I stuff my papers with ground beef that has been sauteed with a little worchestshire, onions, and garlic. Absolutely yummy!!!!

8541995.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I have to try these!
  • annemama
    annemama Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    bump
  • claudiandw
    claudiandw Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Baked Egg Rolls

1 14oz Dole Classic Coleslaw Mix (shredded cabbage and carrots)
    6 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
    1 cup vegetable broth
    1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
    1 medium onion, chopped
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
    Egg roll wrappers

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add garlic and onion. Saute for about 2-3 minutes or until onions are translucent. Add coleslaw mix and cook, stirring frequently, for about 3-4 minutes. Do not let it brown, it will have a burnt taste. Add in veggie broth and chicken; reduce heat to low and let simmer until all liquid is gone. Stir in soy sauce. Remove from heat.

Place the egg roll wrapper so that it looks like a diamond. Add 1/4 cup cabbage mixture to each egg roll, placing it in the middle in between the East and West points leaving some space around the edge. Bring up the South corner and tuck end under filling. Bring the East and West sides towards the middle, they should be just about touching. Then bring the North corner down and wrap it around the egg roll. Place seam side on pan. It's not necessary to seal the edges since you are baking, but you can dip your finger in water and spread it over the seam if you wish. Repeat until you've used all the cabbage mixture (I got 17 out of it).

Spray egg rolls with cooking spray (this will help them brown up) Bake for about 15-18 minutes or until deep golden brown.

Makes 17, each serving is 1 each
    Per Serving
    Calories 88, Fat 1, Carbs 14, Fiber 1, Protein 5

Sweet and Sour Sauce

1/3 cup white or rice vinegar (Note: rice vinegar gives better results)
    4 tablespoons brown sugar
    1 tablespoon ketchup
    1 teaspoon soy sauce
    2 teaspoons cornstarch mixed with 4 teaspoons water

Preparation:

Mix the vinegar, brown sugar, ketchup, and soy sauce together and bring to a boil in a small pot. Mix together the cornstarch and water, add to the other ingredients and stir to thicken.

(If desired, you can add 1 green pepper, cut into chunks, and pineapple chunks as desired after adding the cornstarch. For a thicker sauce, increase the cornstarch to 4 teaspoons while keeping the water constant.)

Reader Comments:

You have probably heard this before but I tried your sweet and sour sauce using rice vinegar, and absolutely love it. My daughter is allergic to some red food colourings so we generally avoid sweet and sour. (Your recipe) was soooo good I decided to make a second batch ; unfortunately I was now out of rice vinegar. Well...white vinegar just doesn't cut it girl !!! I am now going to make sure there is rice vinegar at all times in my pantry. From Lynn

o5KAN.jpg

Apple Pie Egg Rolls

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon butter

3 cups apples, peeled, cored, and diced

1/4 cup brown sugar

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

5 egg roll wrappers

vegetable oil for frying

for garnish:
    1 tablespoon sugar mixed with 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

Cooking Directions:

In a medium size pan, melt butter, add apples, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring often until apples are tender. Pour into a bowl and place in the refrigerator to cool, about 3o minutes.

Place about 2 tablespoons of apple filling into each egg roll wrapper, wet edges of wrapper with water, roll up sealing edges. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
    Heat oil to about 350 degrees, add egg rolls two at a time, turning to cook all sides, remove to paper lined plate and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Repeat with remaining egg rolls.

Serve with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce, it’s good!

Enjoy!

kMSBl.jpg
  • claudiandw
    claudiandw Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    im still trying to FIND egg roll wrappers..:( the grocery doesnt have em.hmmm

They are usually in the produce section :)
  • Babyrunner1225
    Options
    going to have to check out these recipes

I would assume these have less fat and calories than other options.
  • madi35
    madi35 Posts: 24
    Options
    bump
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • PeekABooGirl
    PeekABooGirl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Bump - need to check this thread out later!
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I've made lasagna muffins, and crab rangoons with these, and they're really yummy. :) BUMPing for more ideas, lol
  • alpha1029
    Options
    For those that can't find egg roll wrappers, it took me forever to find them as well. They ended up being in the frozen food section jammed between some random things. Check the freezers near the appetizer section.