Black socks with workout clothes?

Options

Replies

• Leesseebee
    Options
    Whoopsies-my reply quote thing did not work: No-no old man black socks for me ;)
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I wear block socks only!
    wait, I wear more than black socks I just meant I dont wear white ones!
    :) I was gonna say... What kind of gym is that?

Read through 5 pages and keep drifting back to this.
  • Renea_Kay
    Renea_Kay Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I usually wear white socks but for awhile i wore hot pink socks!!! XD and some bright blue and green socks!
    And I bet you looked fantastic

Sadly they were short socks....so you could barley see them...but my workout clothes are rather a red shirt w/ black shorts or a blue shirt w/ blue shorts ....so hot pink looked amazing XD ...actually the blue ones were the only ones that really blended hehe
  • stephl81
    stephl81 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Ive worn black dress socks before because I forgot regular socks and that wasnt going to stop me. But never with shorts lol Normally I wear white ankle socks, but have been wanting black ankle socks to go with a pair of black and pink shoes. soooo cute!
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    I'm no fashion expert but I can't think of a good reason to not wear black socks. As most of my clothes (including workout gear) is black or has black in it I wear ankle black socks almost exclusively.

I really think we've narrowed it down to specifically tall black socks with shorts. Black ankle socks are perfectly acceptable, lol.
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Try as I may I cannot go to the gym and not look "good" ..By that I mean I have to match, everything right down to my hair tie HAS to go together..otherwise I just feel horrible and wind up focusing more on the idea that I don't match rather then working out..lol.
  • TheNaturalNanny
    TheNaturalNanny Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I like my black no show socks, they match my shoes lol
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I'm no fashion expert but I can't think of a good reason to not wear black socks. As most of my clothes (including workout gear) is black or has black in it I wear ankle black socks almost exclusively.

I really think we've narrowed it down to specifically tall black socks with shorts. Black ankle socks are perfectly acceptable, lol.
    ^Yes this!
  • aling01
    aling01 Posts: 163
    Options
    oh hahahaha yeah those are funny to see.
    Are talking about the high top black socks one would wear with jeans?? Then hell no!! However I wear short black socks made by Under Armour and those are fine. And for the record, tall socks are NEVER a good idea unless wearing jeans or pant, no matter the color. Unless we are going for the nerd look.
    Yeah, I'm talking old man tall socks!
  • kcgslp
    kcgslp Posts: 212
    Options
    Its ok if I am allowed to wear my knee high rainbow brite ones
    Yes!!!!! Now thats what Im talking about!

Millerscd... I agree with you 100% but I hate to admit it but it's because we are of a certain age. Please don't be offended, I'm right there with ya but the "young'ins" seem to like this style.

At my daughter's school I constantly see boy with black socks and shorts...it's the new style????
  • nitamo
    nitamo Posts: 64
    Options
    Man I am all about black socks!! I pair them with leopard print spandex shorts and zebra print spandex tops!!!
    Nothing better in the whole wide world than to hit that gym floor looking like I walked out of Richard Simmons closet!
    lol Just kidding:-)
  • SmujnZ
    SmujnZ Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I think I only own fluffy pink thermal socks - usually they are too big (midget feet, the only small bit of me) so that looks particularly attractive when I get home from Yoga, throw on my "crocs" and meander up to the barn to check feed lists, or plan the rest of the day, or do some clipping etc.... wouldn't you know that is ALWAYS when someone turns up unnanounced...... sigh.

I have aspirations of being like the pink panther (cool calm always sophisticated) sadly I am cursed to be born a Tigger... with no sense of style!

I've never even noticed anyone elses socks at the gym. I shall be more observant from now on!
  • Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I have forgot my workout socks and all I had was black and instead of not working out or going sock-less; I went with the black ones.

With that said I had on my Shaq pants to workout in so it was not black socks and shorts thank goodness :-)
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Black ankle socks all the way. They look best with my black Nikes. White would look silly!
  • chelsea_thatsme
    chelsea_thatsme Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I didn't realise the gym was the place for fashion statements? Aren't we there to get sweaty? Who cares what colour socks people wear. You shouldn't be looking at other people anyway, focus on your own workout.

Amen to that sista! Cuz wen I saw the forum title I was like i know that's not what I think it is" don't y'all have a job or something instead of talking about what color socks you wear!!!!! And you may be wondering why I bothered reading this.. its because I am at home on vacattion!!:P
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I didn't realise the gym was the place for fashion statements? Aren't we there to get sweaty? Who cares what colour socks people wear. You shouldn't be looking at other people anyway, focus on your own workout.

Amen to that sista! Cuz wen I saw the forum title I was like i know that's not what I think it is" don't y'all have a job or something instead of talking about what color socks you wear!!!!! And you may be wondering why I bothered reading this.. its because I am at home on vacattion!!:P
    Really??? Which part of fun are people missing. This isnt meant to be serious
  • Danahimself
    Danahimself Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I wear block socks only!
    wait, I wear more than black socks I just meant I dont wear white ones!

Me 2~!

Ankles though!
  • idahoprincess72
    idahoprincess72 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Oooh! Black knee highs with workout shorts....sooooo sexy! Add the mesh tank top & I'm smitten!
  • TeresaWash
    Options
    I wear white only, unless of course I forget socks... then it's what ever I got on and I just pray they match!
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I don't give a rat's *kitten* what I wear as long as it is what I need to do a workout....