Looking for Turbo Fire Buddies

Options

Replies

• BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Golfing certainly counts as exercise ~ unless you only ride around in the cart all day!:tongue: I bet your daily steps count on vacation will be huge!

Fire 55 EZ this morning, I really killed it. I like waking up in the mood to workout! Although I will admit to many sore muscles from yesterday's CLX and Core 20. But, I am actually looking forward to doing it all again tomorrow:bigsmile: HIIT 20, Burn 2 & Core 20 on the schedule for tomorrow.

Happy Tuesday! Woke up to it being in the 20's here, quite a shocker after last week's 80's!
  • coachreyes
    coachreyes Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    You'll be a little sore at the beginning when you combine CLX and TF. You'll really need to stretch your hamstrings, that's where I felt tight. I actually had a good burn this morning with TF 55, although I didn't feel like I got after it that great.

I am drinking Shakeology for two meals a day, and have cut down on calories getting ready for my final week before spring break, so that might be zapping my energy levels a little.

Pretty excited about Disney World. It's funny though, because I keep wondering how I'm gonna get cardio in an amusement park. I'm gonna return from break and my plans are to complete 20 weeks of TF. It's looking like Insanity for June and July.
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    I did the Stretch 10 this morning, it totally stressed me out! Guess I should not have waited to do that one last, I kept looking at the clock and worrying about getting out the door in time. I had to laugh when Chalene mentioned the Type A people:laugh:

Brisk walking is a good cardio, I can easily get up to 5-6 MET if I stay at a steady pace.
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    I have to admit I am getting frustrated with the HIIT workouts. Since I cannot do the jumping, it's not really much of a workout, I barely get into the vigorous MET zone. I have HIIT 30 scheduled for Friday and will see how that goes. I might switch to 30 minutes of TF or TJ instead next week.

Coach, I bet your hotel/resort has a gym. Otherwise, you could always pack a DVD or 2, most rooms have DVD players now.

Burn 2 today, boy do those bowler's lunges hurt! I know, means they are working though:smile:

Fire 45 tomorrow morning.

Happy Hump Day!
  • RKNR
    RKNR Posts: 30
    Options
    Hi I just started Turbo Fire yesterday Fire 30 and Stretch 10. .I don't have much cordonation I guess and even with the new to class had a hard time following the steps. Please tell me this gets easier as time goes on. I feel like a fish on land flopping everyway but the right one. I really want to get the maximum out of this program and feel like I won't if I continue in this manner. Thanks for any suggestions on ways to make this a little easier.
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    RKNR, welcome! Please remember that flopping burn calories too! Yes, it does get easier, one day you will realize that you are actually "doing" TurboFire, I swear! Besides, Chalene likes to point out that if you got it the first time, you would be bored!

Coach & I are TurboFire veterans having gone through the whole schedule last year.

Stick with it, hope to see you around with your daily progress:flowerforyou:
  • coachreyes
    Options
    Hi I just started Turbo Fire yesterday Fire 30 and Stretch 10. .I don't have much cordonation I guess and even with the new to class had a hard time following the steps. Please tell me this gets easier as time goes on. I feel like a fish on land flopping everyway but the right one. I really want to get the maximum out of this program and feel like I won't if I continue in this manner. Thanks for any suggestions on ways to make this a little easier.

I can promise you that it will get easier and I'm living proof of the old adage, "if I can do it, anyone can do it."

I actually did the TF Prep schedule first and then I did my first round of TF. I am now on Rd Two. I did the New to Class option twice before I said, forget that. I ended up just jumping right into the workouts. Just remember, you work one side of the body first. I always pick out someone on the front row and mimic her moves.

Also know this, flopping around burns calories too.:smile:

Hang in there and stay on this board and MFP for tips and motivation.
  • coachreyes
    Options
    I have to admit I am getting frustrated with the HIIT workouts. Since I cannot do the jumping, it's not really much of a workout, I barely get into the vigorous MET zone. I have HIIT 30 scheduled for Friday and will see how that goes. I might switch to 30 minutes of TF or TJ instead next week.

Happy Hump Day!

I know how you feel about the HIIT workouts and getting into the vigorous MET zone. Last year I felt the same way and almost felt like the HIIT were a wasted workout day. I actually killed HIIT 25 today though and am pretty pumped about it.

That is really the reason I supplement the HIIT's with CLX in order to build the muscle. It has helped my mind set a little. I also get a 20-30 minute walk in the afternoon to at least burn some more calories.

HIIT 30 is actually one of the easier workouts on the knees I think. I actually like this one the best. One thing we need to do is listen to our bodies though.

Have a great day. Let's keep this going.
  • RKNR
    RKNR Posts: 30
    Options
    Thanks, for the support! I will plug away at the prep schedule and may do another short video right after if I don't feel like I accomplished what I wanted to with turbo. Have a great day!
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    Turbo Jam Cardio Party 3 this morning, my legs are so sore from CLX that I have to admit that my kicks were not very high today! But I made myself keep going, 392 calories burned ~ take that! lol

Coach, your weight loss is amazing this year!

HIIT 30, Burn 2 and Extreme Abs on the schedule for tomorrow.

Have a great day!
  • coachreyes
    Options
    Thanks Be Light. I have been incorporating Shakeology into my meals and that has made a huge difference I think. I also have stuck to the TF program each morning. I think the cardio is the biggest difference.

CLX really makes the legs sore. It'll get better each time, but in the beginning I really felt it in my hamstrings.

We have a track meet today and I am going for my PR in steps today. I did TF 60 this morning and killed it. I think there is one segment that is a little choppy, but overall I'm starting to like it more and more. I really like the finales.

Tomorrow I have TF 30 and CLX Lean 2.

Have a great day.
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    Burn 3 was not my friend today, my hamstrings are so sore that I was really struggling with all those squats and lunges! But, I do know if I make it through the first week (which I did:smile: ), it will be much easier next week. Now I just have to make it through today at work trying to not look sore and lurching around in front of my coworkers.:tongue:

The finale (2nd) finale in TF 60 is my all time favorite.

I did get a laugh this morning during Burn 3, this is my 3rd time doing CLX, I never noticed the rep counter at the top of the timer! :noway:

Decided to do TF 30 instead of HIIT 30 this morning, was nice to get a bigger burn.

I am still trying to figure out the calories in vs out for me to lose these last 8ish pounds! I thought the Bodymedia would take the mystery out, but it does not. I know I have a deficit every day, even if I don't show a loss. Eventually I will get it, right?

Have a great weekend! TGIF!
  • coachreyes
    Options

I am still trying to figure out the calories in vs out for me to lose these last 8ish pounds! I thought the Bodymedia would take the mystery out, but it does not. I know I have a deficit every day, even if I don't show a loss. Eventually I will get it, right?

Have a great weekend! TGIF!

I don't think I fully understand the calories in vs out. One thing that I did was "re-do" the nutritional formula in the front of the TF Nutritional guide. I had actually overestimated my activity level. You are supposed to calculate your activity level, NOT counting TF. This had my calories allowed too high.

I imagine the closer to your goal wt you get the tougher it seems to get there. I have had some great loss this year, but I still have a LONG way to go. According to bodymedia, I can achieve my goal wt by November. That seems so far away, but I'm determined to stay the course.

We had a track meet last night so I took this morning off. Today will be my rest day. On a positive note I am extremely busy on these days. According to my bodymedia I set PR's on calorie burn, physical activity and steps. One day I hope I break it on sleep. :laugh:

Rest day today and back to TF in the AM. Have a Great Day!
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    I know from my BodyMedia that even on my weekend rest days I burn over 2000 calories. Like I said, someday maybe it will make sense lol

Are you on vacation this week?
  • coachreyes
    Options
    I'm back! I had a fantastic Spring Break. We spent a week in Florida. We spent some time in St. Augustine, Cocoa Beach and Disney World. I was able to walk around 20,000 steps a day, according to my bodymedia, but it was a slow walk through parks and not really cardio. I did very well eating for a couple of days and then fell into some bad habits. I also played golf twice on some Disney courses and they were beautiful.

Oh well, it took me a few days to recover when I got home and I started Week 13 with TF 60. This will take me through the final 8 weeks of school and into the summer.

I hope all is well.
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    Great to have you back Coach.

20,000 steps? Wow, I am going to have to check my Bodymedia stats and see what my all time highest step count was!

What do you think of their new layout?

Fire 30 this morning. Nice way to get back to it :)

TGIF!
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    STEPS TAKEN
    April 8th :)
  • smack75
    smack75 Posts: 1
    Options
    Just did my first TF30......phew! What a workout.
  • mrsRhughes
    mrsRhughes Posts: 122
    Options
    Hi everyone! I did Turbo Jam seven years ago after having my first child and had GREAT results. I now also have a 21 month old son and have 'stepped up' to the Turbo Fire program. I have gone through the whole "schedule" twice with FABULOUS results. I love it! My favorite part is that once you have gone through the program, lose the weight and get your endurance up, you can basically pick and choose which workouts fit with YOUR day and YOUR schedule. Some days all I have time for is a HIIT, other days I want to go outside for a run and then do one of the strength routine ... can't say enough GREAT things about Turbo Fire!! love it :)
  • becomingfitish
    becomingfitish Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm joining a Turbo Fire challenge starting May 21st and I'm so freakin nervous! This week I'm doing the 5 day Inferno Plan to get me started. I would love to have others join me or just keep me accountable. I'm going to need all the help I can get! lol.