50+ Women for the Month of March

Options

Replies

• plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All,

Well, the beautiful 60 degrees weather has come and gone. Now, we have 10 inches of wet heavy snow. So my exercise today is shoveling and washing floors. Then, I going to rest.

Hope all are doing well today.

:flowerforyou: ZaZa, I already messed up on my no eating at night. I think I had my cut off time at 9:00 pm. My stuffed cabbage was calling me. I just could not help myself. Tonight I will start again. :bigsmile:

I will check in later.

Kathy
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    The sun is shining here in Oregon with more rain coming but I think I'll go for a walk before that happens. Day 2 of a new month. We can do this! :bigsmile:
    Esther
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: Good Morning, Everyone,
    It rained last night and melted the last of the snow. The stationery bike developed a squeak in one of the pedals last night. My solution was to turn the TV up louder but Jim's solution was to declare the bike off limits until he could call the Nordic Track tech person this morning and fix it. Now he's working on it and I'm staying out of the way.

I'm going to make my own chicken soup today and freeze most of the broth to use as a base for future soups. I used to use canned chicken broth or bouillon until I became aware of the sodium content.

My dog walking clothes are feeling almost baggy. I'm very excited about that.
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    152798.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter

My goal for March is to continue my current progress of 2-5 pounds a week even though I will be vacationing for a week at an all inclusive resort with access to unlimited chocolate (my downfall).

I was really proud of myself on Saturday. I was with a group of ladies at a conference and afterwards everyone wanted to stop off at Marble Slab Creamery. I wasn't hungry so I didn't get anything. Not too long ago that would not have been the case. A huge victory for me!!!!

It is amazing how the accountability of counting calories has spurred me to make better choices. Now if I can just get motivated about regular exercise. I despise working out alone. Once it is warm enough to garden it will be SOOO much easier.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Good idea Esther. I hope to be at my goal weight (140 lbs) by the end of the month. My goal is to exercise to my Richard Simmons Sweatin' to the Oldies dvd at least 3 times a week.

After I reach my goal, I'll probably set a new goal to lose another 5-10 pounds. Looks like I'll probably be on here a little longer. :bigsmile:

Good luck everyone. :flowerforyou:
  • doglvr_75
    doglvr_75 Posts: 144
    Options
    Happy Monday All!!! ...well, today was "judgement day"....I lost 2 pounds last month and a little more than an inch..:grumble:

...I have to keep telling myself that I'm not going to give up...so...goals for March: lose 3 pounds and 3.75 inches....:happy:

...this getting older business really stinks...I've been on this site for over a year and I actually made it to my goal late last summer....:drinker: ...

...I'll quit whining :cry: now...and just hang in there....

...I may go back to checking the scale & tape weekly, too...I'll try it next Monday & see how it goes...

Hope everyone has a great week!!!
    :flowerforyou:
    vee
  • Grammymax
    Options
    152798.png

My goal for March is to continue my current progress of 2-5 pounds a week even though I will be vacationing for a week at an all inclusive resort with access to unlimited chocolate (my downfall).

I was really proud of myself on Saturday. I was with a group of ladies at a conference and afterwards everyone wanted to stop off at Marble Slab Creamery. I wasn't hungry so I didn't get anything. Not too long ago that would not have been the case. A huge victory for me!!!!

It is amazing how the accountability of counting calories has spurred me to make better choices. Now if I can just get motivated about regular exercise. I despise working out alone. Once it is warm enough to garden it will be SOOO much easier.
  • Grammymax
    Options
    152798.png

OOPS - I hit the reply button before I replied. I was just going to say that this is a huge accomplishment for most of us - to go with people and socialize without indulging. Good for you!

Esther
  • Grammymax
    Options
    Happy Monday All!!! ...well, today was "judgement day"....I lost 2 pounds last month and a little more than an inch..:grumble:

...I have to keep telling myself that I'm not going to give up...so...goals for March: lose 3 pounds and 3.75 inches....:happy:

...this getting older business really stinks...I've been on this site for over a year and I actually made it to my goal late last summer....:drinker: ...

...I'll quit whining :cry: now...and just hang in there....

...I may go back to checking the scale & tape weekly, too...I'll try it next Monday & see how it goes...

Hope everyone has a great week!!!
    :flowerforyou:
    vee

It does seem to go slower for us than it used to doesn't it!? Good for you to keep on trying. I haven't measured for awhile but I'm going to wait until the end of March.

Good luck everyone.

Esther
  • plantlady99
    Options
    Boy, this weight thing is so hard. Patients has to be the biggest virtue we can attain. I'm am really grasping to have mine.

I'm tired of all this snow and I'm tired of shoveling, I'm tired of not being able to walk the streets with my dog because of snow. I'm sure he is tired of not going for long walks. He is a beagle and is tired of sniffing the back yard. :grumble:

Well, I will get to the gym this morning and that will help me with this cranky feeling I have.

Sorry, but I want my garden back.

Kathy
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    I haven't measured for awhile but I'm going to wait until the end of March.

Go ahead and measure. If you are anything like me you will lose inches on weeks when the scales refuse to budge!

If you are hitting a plateau there is a very helpful post on one of the other threads. Here is the link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/42954-5-ways-to-break-a-weight-loss-plateau

152798.png
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone

Another very chilly day here again..yesterday was as well so no outside workout. The one positive thing is that when it is this cold we don't get any snow or freezing rain. Have to count our blessings where/whenever we can:happy: So all of us that live in the colder conditions just remember that the worst is behind us...spring is coming and soon we can shed all the winter clothes and kick up our heels gloriously happy that we made it through another winter:heart:

Today I plan on starting Level 3 of the Biggest Loser Bootcamp DVD. I still do Level 1& 2 but I will add on Level 3. I also purchased some 10lb weights. I am using the 8lb ones now and I feel it will soon be time to graduate up to the next size:tongue: Gotta work those muscles. I absolutely love the way my muscles are responding:bigsmile:

I try to focus not so much on the scale but the new eating/exerciise lifestyle changes that I have made.

Have to run now because Bob's Bootcamp is calling me....plus the treadmill and bike:laugh:

Chat soon...hope everyone has a wonderful day:flowerforyou:
  • plantlady99
    Options
    Good morning everyone

Another very chilly day here again..yesterday was as well so no outside workout. The one positive thing is that when it is this cold we don't get any snow or freezing rain. Have to count our blessings where/whenever we can:happy: So all of us that live in the colder conditions just remember that the worst is behind us...spring is coming and soon we can shed all the winter clothes and kick up our heels gloriously happy that we made it through another winter:heart:

Today I plan on starting Level 3 of the Biggest Loser Bootcamp DVD. I still do Level 1& 2 but I will add on Level 3. I also purchased some 10lb weights. I am using the 8lb ones now and I feel it will soon be time to graduate up to the next size:tongue: Gotta work those muscles. I absolutely love the way my muscles are responding:bigsmile:

I'll try to focus not so much on the scale but the new eating/exercise lifestyle changes that I have made.

Have to run now because Bob's Bootcamp is calling me....plus the treadmill and bike:laugh:

Chat soon...hope everyone has a wonderful day:flowerforyou:

Thanks I need to be positive. You are right about the scale. I have to focus on eating and exercise. That is the main point of this new life style.

I am also hoping my measurements change by the end of March. That will be more important than the scale changing.

Well, I'm off to the gym. Gotta burn calories and define my body. :bigsmile:

Kathy
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    What a great idea

Thanks for starting the thread Ester

I have still been logging on but not behaving at all:blushing:

March will be my 'do-over' month that February should have been!!
    This month I will lose 10 lbs. 7 old and 3 new:laugh:
    Its freezing cold here again today but the forecast shows a huge warm up coming in the next couple of days Great to be a Northerner -27C one day and +6 C the next Whacky weather

So in January I tried to follow the premise that if you do something for 30 days straight it will become habit for you. That worked for about 16 days (and lots of lbs lost - again) then I fell off the wagon and I think I bumped my head because I forgot to exercise til now:laugh: Now I'm tired of gaining and losing the same 5-8 lbs over and over so I'm back to trying my best.

Thanks for the support everyone.

CW 223 boo!!
    mini goal Mar 24 215 (anniversary)
    Other mini goal Mar 31 213

Daily challenges

Drink 6 glasses of water
    Eat fruit and veggies
    Be positive

Have a good day all

Heather
  • plantlady99
    Options
    What a great idea

Thanks for starting the thread Ester

I have still been logging on but not behaving at all:blushing:

March will be my 'do-over' month that February should have been!!
    This month I will lose 10 lbs. 7 old and 3 new:laugh:
    Its freezing cold here again today but the forecast shows a huge warm up coming in the next couple of days Great to be a Northerner -27C one day and +6 C the next Whacky weather

So in January I tried to follow the premise that if you do something for 30 days straight it will become habit for you. That worked for about 16 days (and lots of lbs lost - again) then I fell off the wagon and I think I bumped my head because I forgot to exercise til now:laugh: Now I'm tired of gaining and losing the same 5-8 lbs over and over so I'm back to trying my best.

Thanks for the support everyone.

CW 223 boo!!
    mini goal Mar 24 215 (anniversary)
    Other mini goal Mar 31 213

Daily challenges

Drink 6 glasses of water
    Eat fruit and veggies
    Be positive

Have a good day all

Heather

Benson :flowerforyou:
    you are Funny:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I am back from the gym and feel so much better.

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

My goal for the rest of the day is to have happy thoughts.

Kathy
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: Hi Everybody, It's warm enough today (over 40 degrees and no snow on the ground) for my husband to play golf so I have the house to myself (actually me and the four pets). Our car is back from its week long vacation at the Ford Service Center so I could finally take the dogs to the dog park. They ran and I walked for 40 minutes. What a treat for the three of us.

The stationary bike is fixed. After the call to the Nordic Track tech and an hour of tinkering, nothing had changed. Then after 20 minutes for each of us on the squeaky bike, an inspiration came from a higher power and we got out the WD40 and a few squirts later all was quiet.

I'm half finished with making chicken soup. I simmered the chicken for 2 hours yesterday, pulled the meat off the bones, discarded the bones, strained the broth and put the broth in the frig overnight so I can skim the fat this morning, simmer the carrots, onions, and celery, and have it weighed and measured in time for our midday meal. I'll freeze some of the broth to use later as the base for some soup recipes I have.

Being retired is a blast. I love having time to do all this stuff.

Time for the bike. Then later this is my weight training day.
  • plantlady99
    Options
    Sounds like you are having a great day.:drinker:

I like the part about your car being on vacation. :laugh: :laugh:

Kathy
  • pattygirl
    Options
    :ohwell: Just joined yesterday. Thought some company would be nice while doing this. I was really happy to see this thread for 50+ folk. It seems to be a whole new ballgame at our age to loose the pounds and get in shape. Thanks for being there.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :ohwell: Just joined yesterday. Thought some company would be nice while doing this. I was really happy to see this thread for 50+ folk. It seems to be a whole new ballgame at our age to loose the pounds and get in shape. Thanks for being there.

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Welcome to the group. This is the first time in my life I've connected with others online like this and I love it. :heart: I've gotten so much encouragement especially from this thread of 50+ women. :bigsmile: Set your goals, start tracking your food and exercise and come along for this fabulous ride. We can do it.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options

Welcome and warmest wishes to you:flowerforyou: We love having new members. I really look forward to logging on to this site everyday to get my daily dose of encouragement from all the great members here:heart: