WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2012

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Laura - sounds like you had a heavenly weekend, you deserve it!

shmogo - I agree with you, the Wii doesn't feel like you're working out. It does tell you how many minutes you've been exercising, but the time seems to go by so very fast! one other thing that irks me a bit about that Mi on the Wii - when you step on the balance board it'll go "ooooo" Haven't quite figured out what determines when it goes "ooo" and when it says "that's good (or whatever it says)". One of the things I can't figure out is one of the things that it's picked out for you is supposed to be about anticipating, but I have yet to understand how you can anticipate what's to be when you can't see. Did I totally confuse you?

Linda - happy birthday to your hubby!

Kate - I've tried the Tofutti pizza, and it's really quite good. Only 180 calories/slice and there are three slices to the box. The slices aren't teeny tiny, either. I use my Wii for exercise on Sundays, sometimes the balance games, sometimes the training games. I do like that it gives you your body test every day. Sometimes I think there's too much of a concentration on weight, but that's also something that you need to be aware of. I wasn't too impressed with the strength training games, they don't work opposing muscles so you can get an imbalance. But to me, the balance games, the training games, the Hula Hoop are really good.

Cathy - I'm so very sorry for you. It's been 7 years thast my dad has pass, and there isn't one day that doesn't go by that I don't think of him.

Meg - spinning can be a real killer workout -- especially your bum at first. Honestly, when I firtst started spinning, I had to use a gel seat. But now I've gotten to the point where I don't need it. No, you really don't need a lot of coordination.

Sue - I, too, hope your dad diagnosed himself correctly. They say that doctors make the worst patients!

Well, it's Tuesday. Did an hour of incline intervals on the treadmill. Tomorrow is water aerobics

Pam - spinning is the one class where I find that I MUST wear my heart rate monitor. It is so easy for me to go above my target zone.

Here's hoping everyone has a great evening.

Michele
  • DarleneBDA
    DarleneBDA Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone had an amazing day. What a great day... was my gf's bday lunch and I made a very healthy lunch for us... and I even only had a small sliver of cake... :) A friend of mine also gave me 1 biggest loser workout video and 4 Jillian Micheals workouts... Can hardly wait to try them out tomorrow... not sure which one I will do first......... HOw many of you use Workout DVD's to exercise and which ones do you use???
  • megathome111
    megathome111 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Ladies...well, my 2.6 pounds up yesterday was down 2.8 today...All I can think is that I did not drink my water yesterday...didn't flush anything out of my system I guess.

Started weight watchers today...the program has changed so that whereas last year when I gave it a try my points were 29 / day...now they are 26 / day with 49 extra for the week. I am finding it easy to calculate my points when I log my food, so this is where my food diaries will be fore WW...I'm sure they would prefer I use their site...but I don't think so this time....I really like the flexibility of the food logging here.

Got in my water, my walks, and feel good about my choices today. Hopefully the week will show a net loss. Hope all have a good night. Sweet Dreams...there's no calories in them :laugh:

MEG
  • kleinbuenstorf
    Options
    Hello everyone !!! :flowerforyou:

Can't believe it's the end of January!! I hope the rest of the year slows down a bit !! :laugh:
    Well, my walking tally for the month is: 135 miles !!! :tongue:
    And I'm ready to start the "100 miles in February" Challenge!!
    Now, if my weight would just move down a bit I would be a very happy camper. :grumble: I'm looking at a few things that I can change and maybe that will help. Am already on my second day of change and in a few days I might see if it works. Report later!
    On a very,very happy note: I booked my flight to Germany today!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Looking sooooo forward to see Mom, my brothers,sister-in-law, nephew and many, many friends!!! :happy: :happy: :happy:

Virginia - Congrats!!!! Now it's official, you are awesome and a real inspiration!!! :flowerforyou:
    Cathy - I feel for you. My Dad passed away 4 years ago and I miss him every day. :heart:
    Meg - Menopause, what a bother!!! All I can say, hang in there, read up on it and see what can work for you. I did not do hormone replacement but that maybe something for you!! About my profile picture, it's my youngest daughter Stephanie who is the rider (3day eventer) I'm her groom/stable hand/show mom and biggest fan!! :happy:
    Sue - enjoy your vacation and I hope your Dad recovers from his fall and all is well !!:smile:
    jb- I had nagging back aches for a long time and finally tried a chiropractor and boy what a difference!!:happy:
    Renny- glad you are feeling better!! :flowerforyou:
    Pam- I think you are doing your exercise in a different form right now!!!:laugh:

Hope everyone has a relaxing evening and see you next month!!! :laugh:
    Desiree :flowerforyou:
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    HAPPY Tuesday everyone. A new month and a new goal. Stepped on the scale this morning and was down 2 lbs... total of 3 lbs. Feeling good... Hope you all have an amazing day

Way to go!!!

Well, my walking tally for the month is: 135 miles !!! :tongue:
    And I'm ready to start the "100 miles in February" Challenge!!

Desiree :flowerforyou:

And THAT is truly amazing. Congratulations on smashing your goal!

See y'all in the February thread!
    Virginia
  • cindyw7
    cindyw7 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Well, my crazy eating caught up with me and the scale moved up 3 pounds. Ouch! But I have noone to blame but myself. We leave in the morning and start our drive to FL. Our son will stay behind and take care of the homefront for us!

My goals while we are in FL are to walk and do water exercises since there is a pool where we are starying. Hopefully that will get me in a routine of being more active and I will be able to keep up the exercise when we get home.

My heart goes out to all of you who are dealing with illness, financial problems, troublesome kids or missing loved ones who have gone home to heaven. You are in my prayers. Congratulations to those of you who were more focused than I have been and lost weight or inches. Keep up the great work!

Love & Prayers, Cindy
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    :brokenheart: :brokenheart: :brokenheart: My father died in 1988 and my mother died in1991.......I remember them best when i express my gratitude for the great things they taught me that are serving me well in my life.

:bigsmile: My mother took me to ballet classes regularly for years and now when I dance I thank my mother for leading me into dance......she taught me to be a meticulous record keeper so this month as I work on the financial paperwork for the income tax, I thank her for all she taught me.

:bigsmile: my father taught me to always bring the right attitude and be grateful for what I have rather than wanting more.....I thank him every day

:bigsmile: both taught me love and tolerance of others and the joy of having pets.

I could go on and on, but it is my gratitude that keeps them with me all the time.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

I'm off to bed early, so I started the new thread for February.

Here is the link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/473956-women-ages-50-for-february-2012
  • determinedinAZ
    determinedinAZ Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Very happy today. Went to the doctor and was 8 lbs lighter than last time I was there!!! :happy:

Hope everyone has a good day tomorrow. It's late here so night night all.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Here is the link:

• Lee6Lee
    Options
    Hello. I'm new here. I started a post for women 60+, but I see you have one here for 50+. That's good enough for me! Well, I'm going to weight tomorrow. On my profile I put a weight, but had not weighed that day. I'm looking forward to using the ticker as a guide. Look forward to using many of the features and posts. Thanks to all.
  • Lee6Lee
    Options
    It's me again. I wanted to share something. I read on the internet that taking 2 tbl. of diatomaceous earth every day will lower your cholesterol and blood pressure in a dramatic way. My cholesterol was 234 recently, so after 10 weeks of taking this I'll post it again. Someone said it lowered theirs 90 points. And if I eat correctly and exercise it will be even better. I think I have to stay away from the carbs mostly. My total downfall.
  • barbiecat
    Options

Here is the link:

I hope I'll be seeing everyone posting on the new thread
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    1960Lisa - a huge picture of a huge dog is fine by me. lol It just showed off his huge and fluffiness. What a lucky dog! We live down the road from an Airedale rescue place. It is a hoot watching them all go by everyday. Jeannie

PS: Is this our first part 3?
  • mynyddisamrs
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Happy Wednesday .EVERYONE!!

Yey! middle of the week again. Time sure goes fast when you're having fun.....and I hope you are!
    It's verrry chilly here today but there's no snow ...yet!

Nothing much to say. I've been "Good" so far today and have some cleaning calories to help.
    I'm back on the Options Belgian choc drink to control my chocolate monster! I have some nice sweet melon too, in case the munchy monster pops by tonight....and if all else fails, :ohwell: the Duct Tape for my mouth ..... is in the garage!

BFN
    :flowerforyou: Jackie
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    MacMadame, are you a figure skater? Or is that your favorite sport to photograph?
    I started as a fan. I've watched figure skating since I was a kid. Then in '93, I tried it myself as an adult. I lasted a few months but got injured and moved at the same time. In '96, I went to Nationals for the first time and brought my camera and got into figure skating photography. Then in '98, I started skating again and skated for about 9 years. Somewhere in there I got laid off and started my business doing sports photography, especially figure skating and gymnastics. I kept skating too, but I wasn't very good and I wasn't making a lot of progress and I didn't have much money as it's hard to make money doing photography (unless you do wedding photography) so I quit. I also stopped going to Nationals and to the local club comps. This is my first time in years and now I'm excited to start going to these competitions again!
  • megathome111
    Options
    Plug in Cleaning on the Exercise Cardio blog...I think you wil be pleasantly surprised at the calories you burn!
    MEG
  • megathome111
    Options
    I was awake at 4:45 am this morning, so I decided to make the time worthwhile. I got up, and walked for 20 minutes on the treadmill this morning. I must say, at this point I feel really good...ask me tonight at 8:00 pm to see how I held up!?! Cleaning all the dust off that thing this weekend actually paid off!

Have a wonderful Thursday ladies!

MEG
  • barbiecat
    Options

I hope I'll be seeing everyone posting on the new thread
    [/quote]
  • susankaye123
    Options
    Trying to get motivated again, was off track for a week. Still exersising though, running on my treadmill. Nice to read everyones comments , I know Im not alone. I just gotta pick myself up and start my diet program again...